Jan 13 2013
By: Spanish_peanuts First Son 22 posts

Questions about Ares

5 replies 106 views Edited Jan 13, 2013

How? How can you be good with him? I know gladiator armor is probably the best you can do with him, but I'm also trying to do a full cyclopian/barbarian hammer. Though both seem to suck tremendouslyIt you can only have one or two good stats. Currently I've got 103 health but because of these horribly weapons and armor, 115 pp and 170 pr. And I'm horribly with ares abilities. The punch one kind of sucks and I've got if level 3. Demigod will only be useful at level 3, and the jump one I can never hit with. Im going to rage-throw-my-controller.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5715 posts

Re: Questions about Ares

Jan 13, 2013
I mean this in the nicest way possible but.. Why don't u just stick with Zeus then? The choice of God is there so you can find one that best suits you :smileyhappy:
Joe_w-uk Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Spanish_peanuts wrote:

How? How can you be good with him? I know gladiator armor is probably the best you can do with him, but I'm also trying to do a full cyclopian/barbarian hammer. Though both seem to suck tremendouslyIt you can only have one or two good stats. Currently I've got 103 health but because of these horribly weapons and armor, 115 pp and 170 pr. And I'm horribly with ares abilities. The punch one kind of sucks and I've got if level 3. Demigod will only be useful at level 3, and the jump one I can never hit with. Im going to rage-throw-my-controller.

i just recently started using ares jump magic again. its more of an escape move then anything else. when you see yourself getting beat on especially by multiple people then biggest chance to use it. one people either run away trying to avoid it or two will wait for you to come down and when you do bam auto hit. another way is to use it for surprise either during Fotg or TFotg when you see a group fighting or see your team getting jumped just launch from afar then bam big hit. its also good because it takes away block of whoever gets hit so thats a big plus to get some damage in.

0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Jan 13, 2013
With Ares work on having as high attack as possible without sacrificing too much defense.

Cyclopean armor sucks...the stats on it are terrible but for some reason whenever I fight cyclopean armor people they don't die as fast as they should...I mean they have like no armor on...

Anywho flame punch can be pretty good if used at the right time.. but like blakzakattack said, it's more or less just a "holy sht I need to get away"

Pick a weapon you're good with and try to learn some sweet combos.

That's all there is to it really... if you ever run into a Zeus you'll just have to evade every single attack or die instantly. I have 150 elemental resist and most of the time it does absolutely nothing to help me.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Just equip the gladiator helmet and lower armor and for the upper armor equip athena's armor. For your sword the best combination to use with this armor is the BoA or the BoA. You have good damage good defense and also good elemental resistance. Try it out.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (71 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jan 14, 2013

This is realy interesting, because I've been thinking recently how I like Ares warriors better than Zeus:

Skoropion armor gives you an awsome cooldown time. I equip this and spam the hell out of L1 and moves and L2 item. 

I also include the horn relic (the one that allows you to heal?) and hit L2 not only to escape death, but whenever I can to get a little Xp. it seems to make a real difference. 

The demigod magic is sweet, when your magic is filled. If an oppenenet is about 1/2 full of health, usually 6 seconds (8 on level 2) is enough to activate it, and slash the hell out of your oppenet and pick up a nice kill. 

For a relic, if I'm doing team favor or cpture the flag, I do the one that adds 20% damage for the team, if I'm on 4 player favor, I use 2o% physical for (10?) seconds after kills.  

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (51 Views)
0 Likes