Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Re: Price Drop for God of War: Ascension

May 17, 2013
I dont reall care for CoD.. Also went to gamestop today and he said he had heard ps4 wasnt going to have ANY backwards compatibility--- if i cant play gow A on my ps4 and infamous second son isnt set for release day with ps4 -- i wont be buying one till about 6 months- 1 year later.. Not to mention all 3rd party games ive been really enjoying like tomb raider and super street fighter 4: spiderman games/ etc.. I hope all ps exclusives will atleast find a way onto that system-- there are alot of ps only series ive never even started yet... Like metal gear solid.. Wait that is ps exclusive right?
Message 11 of 16 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

May 17, 2013
I NEED to be able to play all 6 gow games for ps4 badly--- make this happen SSM-- and make a new one while your at it Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 16 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

May 17, 2013
I hate this.
First of all, metal gear rising, a game that came out before god of war ascension, had no price drop for past 2(3) months. It ALWAYS stayed around 50$ if there was a price drop. I saw it drop to 40 dollars only 3 times. Then, now it is 42 dollars on amazon.
Second of all, call of duty black ops price on amazon never dropped. EXCEPT for christmas days. Then, it rose up and stayed at 50$ for a long long time. Beginning from about three days ago, it dropped to 40$ on amazon.
Third, bioshock stayed at 50-55$ the whole time. Or even 59$.

Meanwhile, the god of war ascension's price went up and down especially this month. And mostly STAYED at 40$. Since I am fan of this franchise, quite disappointed how so many people are unaware of this prequel release & how this game was not sold as much as gow3.

I hate how all the franchises that I love start going down when I start to like them. Smiley Sad
I hope you guys do more advertising youtube, showing off combos and wealth of DLC contents. And just keep on improving the multiplayer - I just love it.
Message 13 of 16 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

May 17, 2013

Jessie117 wrote:

Well, now it shows that the game wasnt selling that great if they dropped the price down $20.00 with in 2 months.

Both Skyrim and Dead Space 2 dropped in price within a Month here in the UK both sold extremely well.

Most games drop in price after about a month to boost sales against newer games. 

This makes the argument for pre-owned games being needed so people can afford games somewhat invalid. 
The reatilers have essentially brainwashed people to believe this is true so they can make more money. 

Anywho rant over.

GoW: A is now £20 here in the UK which I'm happy about because now many of my friends have bought it and are kicking butt with me online, fun times! Smiley Happy 

Message 14 of 16 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

May 17, 2013

the price drop will get more people into the MP .... although, they will be noobs & low levels, but will make for a bigger community, & with enough matches under their belts, will get good at it .... played last night, was surprised there were so many under level 10 players .... awful when my team gets 2 players at level 2 & the other team is all 35+ .... one of them had 0 kills & 10 deaths & managed to open 1 chest .... great to have on the team ... no matter how fast I run to capture altars or dive in for the kill, can't overcome those odds .... that's why I think the deaths per match should reduce the players overall XP gained - each death removes 25 points from you kills or something, there is a difference between players who give the other team 1500 ponts for their deaths & the player who completes the match with 2 deaths ...

Message 15 of 16 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

May 17, 2013

True, the price drop should theoretically get more ppl interested in picking up the title. Not surprised it went down considering sales have been less than GoW3. Hoping the community continues to grow; it's always fun to play with more ppl Smiley Happy.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 16 of 16 (61 Views)
0 Likes