Wastelander
679 posts

Re: Poseidon this week?

Jan 28, 2013
@d1v1d I get what you mean and I think you're right Kratos was in the Underworld it was inevitable to fight Hades next. But I still think Hades is tougher, Poseidon was hiding behind his Water form and leviathans and still was defeated doesn't make him more powerful just a coward with pansy magic at his command.
Message 61 of 172 (194 Views)
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Yeah, exactly. Besides, Hades took a while to defeat. 

You know what REALLY bothered me about Hades though? Right when he grabs Kratos' sould at the beginning, why was that so easy to get out of. Hades took Atlas' soul and almost the other titan (forgot his name) all by himself. Instead of R1 and L1 spam, they should've made it an extremely difficult QTE.

Hades is a soul gatherer and incredibly skilled, why his grab was so weak there was beyond me.

Sorry if I'm just complaining, but that made no sense at all. 

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 62 of 172 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 28, 2013
@d1v1d Well Kratos was more determined to win in my opinion than the Titans were, like Athena told Kratos earlier on before the battle "Death cannot hold those with purpose" Kratos was destined to kill the Gods and nothing would stop him. Also Kratos has the power of "Hope" Athena's greatest weapon to which I thought kinda ruined the story with that lame crap.
Message 63 of 172 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Lord-Kratos23 wrote:
@d1v1d Well Kratos was more determined to win in my opinion than the Titans were, like Athena told Kratos earlier on before the battle "Death cannot hold those with purpose" Kratos was destined to kill the Gods and nothing would stop him. Also Kratos has the power of "Hope" Athena's greatest weapon to which I thought kinda ruined the story with that lame crap.

But that shouldn't have made Hades' weapons so weak. Yeah, Hope was pretty lame Smiley Tongue

Message 64 of 172 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Cronos the father of all three of them was the one he was trying to take the soul of but failed and got atlas . If hades could have done that without atlas interfearing he would be king not zeus!!!!! Think about that Allso i get the idea of hope being the best weapon but that did make the game alittle cheasy at the end . IN THE END THOUGH ALL WILL BOW BEFORE LORD HADES!!!!!!!!!!!Hades_vs_kratos.jpg

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 65 of 172 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

God of War 3 Spoilers:

Spoiler
Well, with Atlas, Poseidon had already weakened him for Hades. It's not like Hades just walked up to him and stole his soul like some sad kid's lunch money.

As for hiding behind magic, that makes no sense. There can be no magic without inner power. He's using his own life force to conjure magic. It isn't like he turned on a machine.

If he was able to manage such a complexity, that just goes to show how much more capable he was than Hades.

I don't think the developers cared a lot to compare them to one another other than to point out that Zeus was indeed the strongest of the three, but I still hold that Poseidon has shown greater strength in combat than Hades ever did.

Also keep in mind that Poseidon had dispatched one titan in a single blow on his own before fighting Kratos and Gaia. Also keep in mind that Gaia did assist Kratos, whereas Kratos defeated Hades alone, in the underworld, where Hades could fight at full strength.
Message 66 of 172 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

ElementDuck wrote:

Well, with Atlas, Poseidon had already weakened him for Hades. It's not like Hades just walked up to him and stole his soul like some sad kid's lunch money.

As for hiding behind magic, that makes no sense. There can be no magic without inner power. He's using his own life force to conjure magic. It isn't like he turned on a machine.

If he was able to manage such a complexity, that just goes to show how much more capable he was than Hades.

I don't think the developers cared a lot to compare them to each other other than to point out that Zeus was indeed the strongest of the three, but I still hold that Poseidon has shown greater strength in combat than Hades ever did.

Also keep in mind that Poseidon had dispatched one titan in a single blow on his own before fighting Kratos and Gaia. Also keep in mind that Gaia did assist Kratos, whereas Kratos defeated Hades alone, in the underworld, where Hades could fight at full strength.

Poseidon took down a Titan, so did Hades (when you're scaling the side, you can see Hades do this).

Hades was about to take a soul single handed, but then Atlas intruppted, like you said.

Hades is supposed to be on par with his brothers, but they didn't portray it properly at all. 

Message 67 of 172 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Jan 28, 2013

If you remeber Poseidon in his godly glory pleded for his pathetic life and allso buddy on olympus you see hades pull a titan off allso in one hit . and poseidon was in his elemental form and was connected to the ocean his full power and lost by being punched .Smiley Indifferent 1294609_o.gif

Message 68 of 172 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 28, 2013
@aj-alex215 lol Kratos gave that pathetic God a beat down. I totally loved the part when he put his arm in front of his face scarred while Kratos was waking up on him like a wife about to get beat, oh good times. I have to say Hermes put a up a better fight running in circles slapping Kratos lol Smiley Happy
Message 69 of 172 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Jan 28, 2013

ah HERMES that son of a ..........(goes and punches wall) i hated him with a passion i hope hes never a choice or i will go out of my way and kill whoever is him even if its friendly fire Smiley Mad

Hades_vs_kratos.jpg   "I will see you suffer as i have suffered your soul is mine"-GOW3 HADES

Message 70 of 172 (148 Views)
0 Likes