May 18 2013
By: SclonX First Son 6 posts

Poorly translated names

4 replies 140 views Edited May 18, 2013

(Excuse me for my bad english)

The spanish game translation (not latin american spanish) has not respected the previous games translations. As true fans of the God of War series, this is uncomfortable for us.

In God of War II the "Blade of Artemis" was translated as "Espada de Artemisa" in spanish, but now in multiplayer it was translated as "Hoja de Artemis".

Also the name of "Hercules" has changed in the spanish translation, he was named "Heracles" in God of War III but now in the multiplayer map he was named "Hércules".

There are one more, the "Bog of the Forgotten" map was translated as "Ciénaga de los Olvidados" in the multiplayer, but in God of War II the scenario was named "Pantano de los Olvidados".

Please, notify to the responsible of the spanish translation (not latin spanish) that keep in mind the previous translations. And, if it's possible, would be great fix these mistakes in a future update.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
785 posts

Re: Poorly translated names

May 18, 2013
wow,such a big problem.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 5 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

May 18, 2013
Apparently SSM's translators couldn't take the time to get things right either. I wish I could honestly say I'm surprised. I don't know Spanish but It took me less than 30 seconds to get translations for that on Bing and figure out what the problem was.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 3 of 5 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

May 18, 2013

hoja de Artemis makes me laugh lol.

Message 4 of 5 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

May 18, 2013

Portuguese relic of resilience description says only +35 elemental and physical resistance in low health, doesn't even mention the health recovery. That is why I prefer playing all games in English.

signature.jpg

Message 5 of 5 (82 Views)
0 Likes