Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Apr 05 2013
By: John-TC Lombax Warrior 164 posts
Offline

Please tone down the deathstreak attacks!

19 replies 233 views Edited Apr 5, 2013

I understand that it should be powerful but it shouldnt bounce you on every hit so that we at least have a chance at dodging and not just running away, the only way to interuppt it currently if magic or item nothing else ive seen cause they glow red when they attack.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (233 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 02/25/2013
Online
11686 posts
 

Re: Please tone down the deathstreak attacks!

Apr 5, 2013

The rage is ridiculously overpowered......and it does NOT run out after one kill....I've gotten 3 kills in quick succession with the rage active.....plz force it to deactivate after one kill SSM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (228 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/09/2007
Offline
4316 posts
 

Re: Please tone down the deathstreak attacks!

Apr 5, 2013

I'm fine with it as is.  If you're dominating someone that bad, let the poor guy get MAYBE 2 - 3 kills.  Depending on the mode, it's probably only going to be one or two.

 

Short of someone purposely dying then using it at the end to take out an objective boss for points and also wipe out everyone around (I'm thinking MoC) I don't see the harm.

 

I don't like seeing those blades coming at me in MoC or Team Favor, but I know the guy's been having a rough time and this at least levels the playing field briefly before I go back to barbecuing.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (213 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/04/2009
Online
2252 posts
 

Re: Please tone down the deathstreak attacks!

Apr 5, 2013

I've died numerous times while in Rage Mode. You just got caught in a bad circumstance if it took out multiple people at once. It doesn't last long and many people can survive it.

 

If you use L1+O it is gone immediately. This is the last thing that needs to be toned down, and there is a reason you get this when you die continually. It seems to take at least 4 or 5 deaths to even activate, and the Rage Meter can be wasted if people combo/stun-lock you as soon as you activate it.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (207 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/16/2013
Offline
973 posts
 

Re: Please tone down the deathstreak attacks!

Apr 9, 2013

I actually don't like this deathstreak system, there should be another thing that the player could choose before the match. Like  200% health until death, fountains would only recover it to 100%, extra points in next kill, bossted stats for some time, no cooldown for some time.



signature.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (169 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/07/2013
Offline
197 posts
 

Re: Please tone down the deathstreak attacks!

Apr 9, 2013

Vanthem wrote:

I'm fine with it as is.  If you're dominating someone that bad, let the poor guy get MAYBE 2 - 3 kills.  Depending on the mode, it's probably only going to be one or two.

 

Short of someone purposely dying then using it at the end to take out an objective boss for points and also wipe out everyone around (I'm thinking MoC) I don't see the harm.

 

I don't like seeing those blades coming at me in MoC or Team Favor, but I know the guy's been having a rough time and this at least levels the playing field briefly before I go back to barbecuing.


Why should a player get pity kills for doing bad? That will not help him/her get better at the game. It actually will hurt him/her because they will know they have a safety net everytime they get dominated. Sure its avoidable, but who wants to run from a fight they would otherwise win if rage mode wasnt present. Rage mode is a lose/lose for everyone, even the person using them. Should be removed or extended to five deaths, and only one kill after activation. As poseidon said hes gotten three kills in rage mode. In this game that is quite a bit of kills to get for free. 

Diseus
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (165 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/09/2007
Offline
4316 posts
 

Re: Please tone down the deathstreak attacks!

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2013

It is fine as it is.  Let the poor sonofagun get a kill, jeez.  Absolute amazing best case scenario the guy gets four kills.  He probably ends up with two or one 95 percent of the time.  If it's lagging, he might not even get that (it's happened to me several times).  

 

This is hardly an issue.  Maybe he interrupted your streak, big deal.


diseus wrote:

Why should a player get pity kills for doing bad? That will not help him/her get better at the game. It actually will hurt him/her because they will know they have a safety net everytime they get dominated. Sure its avoidable, but who wants to run from a fight they would otherwise win if rage mode wasnt present. Rage mode is a lose/lose for everyone, even the person using them. Should be removed or extended to five deaths, and only one kill after activation. As poseidon said hes gotten three kills in rage mode. In this game that is quite a bit of kills to get for free. 


I'd say he gets pity kills because for 30 seconds the guy has a shot at taking someone out.  It stops a complete slaughter from getting flat out ridiculous.  Maybe the guy doesn't quit because he got a couple kills.  I don't know.

Why reward people with stat bonuses and magic for dying?  No one seems to have a problem with that.  Only something that can kill them quickly.  

 

Poseidon's gotten 3 kills before.  What was his average though? I've done it as well, but on average it's probably one, maybe two.  This is not a game-breaking issue.  There is so much more that needs attention, but not this.  It's a minor nuisance given only to the most abused and slaughtered players in the match and it is a fleeting boost at that.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (163 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/07/2013
Offline
197 posts
 

Re: Please tone down the deathstreak attacks!

Apr 9, 2013
No. You earned your 9 kills and you deserve your 10-11 kill streak, for no reason should someone get a freebie on you that ends that after you actually got the kills. C'mon you cant really back this rage mode.
Diseus
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/09/2007
Offline
4316 posts
 

Re: Please tone down the deathstreak attacks!

Apr 9, 2013

Diseus wrote:
No. You earned your 9 kills and you deserve your 10-11 kill streak, for no reason should someone get a freebie on you that ends that after you actually got the kills. C'mon you cant really back this rage mode.

I hadn't gotten to respond to you, you just happened to post right before I posted a response to one of the earlier posts.  I edited my post above to respond to you.

 

Look, I think it's annoying to be killed by it.  Sometimes I can get away, sometimes I can't (Match of Champions can be tricky).  I understand where you're coming from, but I guess I'm more generous about it.  Whether it's a 9 kill streak or a 12 kill streak, I couldn't care less.  Odds are I'm going to win, I'm okay with somebody that I am destroying (probably due to a lag advantage or the guy being a low level)  getting to go into an aptly named rage mode and turn the tables on me for one kill.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (156 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/16/2013
Offline
973 posts
 

Re: Please tone down the deathstreak attacks!

Apr 9, 2013

Using rage actually makes you look like a loser and can change the match just because you achieved a deathstreak. Imagine having rage to protect your team while it is trying to get spear of Olympus to kill the titan and get 1000 favor, is it fair? I just prefer when some random blades of chaos would appear in a MoC once, like a gods intervention, in beta.



signature.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (146 Views)
Reply
0 Likes