Jan 09 2013
By: DevIsStating First Son 28 posts

Patch ruined the beta

2 replies 161 views Edited Jan 9, 2013
All I can say is... the game was just way smoother before both patches. Im fighting guys seeing them get stunned and then a millisecond later im getting hit by them. Sometimes it shows my character hitting theirs and then a second later they are blocking the attack. Its like lagging and showing me what I wanna see. Everything is laggy and trippin out. I can already tell patches are going to ruin the game, I probably won't buy the game now. I liked it wayyyyyy better the way it was. I knew this would happen just like uncharted. Also there is no voice chat, it doesnt show up when u kill someone in the corner, the announcer says 2 things at once, sometimes you jump on the edge of a platform and you dont pull yourself up you just hang from it until someone knocks u off, although you guys said things would be more responsive it actually feels the opposite.
Message 1 of 3 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Re: Patch ruined the beta

Jan 9, 2013
Is this your first Beta? Its an ongoing process, sometimes they make changes to see how it affects things and not to keep them that way. It's not worth getting too attached to any gear or tactics at this time, they are trying to balance things out. They have been working on this for years the beta is the period for them to make all the mechanics work and work fairly.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
PS Vita, PlayStation 3 240GB SSD · PSP · PlayStation 2 · PlayStation
Message 2 of 3 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: Patch ruined the beta

Jan 9, 2013

Honestly if your in beta testing and judging it to decide if you will purchase retail or not then your in here for all the wrong reasons.   We barely have a fraction of the game available as the rest is being tested in house.  The devs are only having us test what they want to over a wide area network to find things out such as lag issues and response times for inputs.

This is the teams first real online multiplayer game which Im sure they have experienced members however its not like they can copy the formula from another game like 2d fighters or FPS like COD clones do.  What we play here is gonna be terrible at some points, its going to have bugs, balance issues etc... the network wont be optimized because they have debugging software running on servers at the sametime to help correct Frames per second issues.   So just keep in mind this is not a DEMO its BETA and I know some will come in this to judge buying retail or not but your really selling yourself and the game short if you treat it like a demo.

Message 3 of 3 (116 Views)
0 Likes