Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
634 posts

Re: Parry has to go away

[ Edited ]
Apr 6, 2013

Grammar,grammar,grammar,grammar,bla,bla,bla,bla. it seems that people here are more concerned about someones spelling than actual threads and post. we are not all from English speaking country and it has nothing to do with education,simply because WE dont use english in daily basis. I speak english more fluidly than you are ever gonna speak finnish or swedish.go a head write in finnish or swedis so i can laugh about your grammar.

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 66 (102 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

Apr 9, 2013

I've read the first page and this one... Did you guys really fill 6 pages discussing about reading/writing capabilities? LOL :smileyvery-happy:

No reason to be angry here...

About the parry: For single player it could have remained as it was, but it would be impossible for multiplayer. Everyone would simply spam L1 when attacked to parry and wouldn't mind timing it correctly.

I saw it was said parry was better in beta, what is the difference? I used to parry more in the beta but I didn't really notice a difference.

signature.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 66 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4316 posts

Apr 9, 2013

Rafa_psc wrote:

I've read the first page and this one... Did you guys really fill 6 pages discussing about reading/writing capabilities? LOL :smileyvery-happy:

No reason to be angry here...

About the parry: For single player it could have remained as it was, but it would be impossible for multiplayer. Everyone would simply spam L1 when attacked to parry and wouldn't mind timing it correctly.

I saw it was said parry was better in beta, what is the difference? I used to parry more in the beta but I didn't really notice a difference.

For me it was much more responsive.  I don't think the recovery time was as bad either.  It's hard to remember, all I recall is that when I needed to parry I usually could.  In current multiplayer it seems like if I'm being attacked, I can't parry until they take a breather, which is complete nonsense.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 66 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 9, 2013
It is like Vanthem said, parry was way more responsive in beta, and did not have the horrible "blue-state" after you parried, lets call it Smurf-mode.
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 66 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1741 posts

Apr 9, 2013
i did the same thing as crimson. I joined games and just concentrated on parrying, not worrying about getting kills and what not. and I did notice that it got easier and easier, mainly because you start to develop a sense of when someone is open fir a parry. Or even better, you can bait players into a parrying moment.

So I will admit at first, I didn't bother with parry cause I just didn't get it, but now, I use it all the time.

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 66 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 10, 2013
I would use it all the time also, if it worked. Pressing the buttons just does nothing when it should, and sometimes it does a delay parry after the opponent has attacked. Now that is some bullturd...
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 66 (35 Views)
0 Likes