Survivor
2333 posts

Re: Parry has to go away

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2013

To be honest they seemed to be playing pretty predictable and there were a lot of square and L1+square attacks.

They were definitely not the range of players most people come across all at one time.

Message 51 of 66 (181 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

Apr 1, 2013
a thousand mile journey begins with one step!
This was me practicing my parry techniques!
I played at least 5 games prior to that one where i got my äss whooped due to constantly trying to parry instead of blocking or evading!
But the time and effort i put in to it will ultimately make me a better player!
And again, as of now we can not pick our opponents, so why even bother commenting on it?
Message 52 of 66 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2013

my thread turned in to pile dirt.
That  video just showed how unreliable the parry is so many miss pressed too early or just guessing and then you had to rely on your item when otherwise the dude would kill you.

Message 53 of 66 (159 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

Apr 1, 2013

Arkkienkeli83 wrote:

my thread turned in to pile dirt.
That  video just showed how unreliable the parry is so many miss pressed too early or just guessing and then you had to rely on your item when otherwise the dude would kill you.

Its not that the parry it self is unreliable, its the player!
As stated, this was me LEARNING to use parry.
I am in no way a master of it.
And one of the bigger learning curves for this technique is to be able to read your opponent and use it efficiently.
The parry is a very powerful technique with a high risk/high reword outcome!
Its not suppose to be easy, if it was there wouldn't be any point to it, and we would be back to the GoW2 parry system where you could spam it all day without any repercussions!
Message 54 of 66 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Apr 1, 2013
Just to through it out there without getting caught up in the argument

Parry with just L1 wouldn't work in this game due to the gaming mechanics as you get stunned by a hit to allow the opposition another hit

E.i a combo if mashing L1 to parry a second the game pauses it will allow no one to fulfil a combo making a end to all combos just leaving you to one or 2 hits. That's why there has to be a 2 button command delay within the game
Message 55 of 66 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11800 posts

Apr 1, 2013

lol this thread just got tht much more interesting XD

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 56 of 66 (138 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
5919 posts

Apr 1, 2013

Hi all,

This thread has been cleaned up.  Please keep comments here on-topic and civil.

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 57 of 66 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 1, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

To be honest they seemed to be playing pretty predictable and there were a lot of square and L1+square attacks.

They were definitely not the range of players most people come across all at one time.

Certainly not, especially for what was basically a triple kill in there.  I did the same thing the other day, group all clustered together, dropped my two Zeus mega-electro-bombs on top of 'em (and I have much, much more elemental damage than Crimson, presumably).  Two of them just dodged out of it, which should be impossible.  -_-   Same thing happens when I try to juggle and kick them out of the ring, they just ignore it, hit the invisi-barrier or land some goofy, inexplicable direction.    I want Crimson's matchmaking.  =(

My matchmaking / lag woes aside, that was a good fight, Crimson.  18-3 any way you slice it is a heavily dominant victory.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 58 of 66 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 6, 2013

Parry still is and probably will be the most unreliable "skill" in this game, the Multiplayer Guide states: "This is THE MOST vital defensive skill you can master!" well, it also says that you can grapple jumping and climbing opponents, go try out for yourself how well that works out. Being able to parry while blocking light attacks would give a chance to actually succeed in parrying, but no you cannot do that.

A good comparison how a thing is made more difficult is to try out the one of Ares relics which gives health from chests (which is broken by the way, does not give enough health) and do the minigame THEN go play Zeus and equip his Relic which gives mana from chests and do the minigame. See the difference in the time available to press the correct button?

I don't remember failing with the Ares' relic ONCE, but with Zeus' relic, i fail about 50% of the time if not more, depends how well i try to guess which button to press. Yeah, i have to try and GUESS when which button to press, and i feel the same way about parry, i have to guess when and what attack the enemy is going to do before he does it, and if i guess wrong, well you know how that ends against a good player (or even a button masher)... Relic Of Chance has a higher percentage of success than parry has, and i have much more use for 50 mana than i have for parry in the current game, i would even remove the use of parry if it gave me like 5 mana or health, it is just that useless in my mind.

Message 59 of 66 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 6, 2013

NVM

Message 60 of 66 (56 Views)
0 Likes