Message 41 of 66 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Re: Parry has to go away

Apr 1, 2013

Crimson_SWE wrote:

SILVERX200 wrote:

It all comes down to knowing the animation of the square and L1+square attacks. I've had people parry unblockable attacks which is just broken.

The game is just inconsistent and it decides when it wants things to work and when it doesn't.

in this case its more about lag, and how the netcode handles the data for attack/hits!
Im guessing most of these problems would go away if we could be choosing who we wished to play and knowing how good connection they have!

Every MP game should show you a number-based ping.  No more questions about lag, you know right off the bat the disadvantage you're at or who is really lagging everything up.   But, then everyone would know how bad most console games handle matchmaking and netcode, so we'll never see it as the standard.  =/

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 42 of 66 (126 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

Apr 1, 2013
I just had the coolest match ever Smiley Happy
My goal was to parry as many attacks as possible and not taking any chest.
Its a bit late now, but il upload it tomorrow.
I promise you will want to see this, its hilarious!
Message 43 of 66 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2330 posts

Apr 1, 2013

Parry would be best if it worked precisely. It never worked precisely and that's the problem. It completely changes the entire blocking system from all previous games and is not as effective.

I would have preferred it removed entirely and had something better in it's place.

Message 44 of 66 (114 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

Apr 1, 2013
@ SILVERX200:
ofc its not as effective. the old style of parry was broken beyond belief!
No repercussions, just a bunch of spamming!
Message 45 of 66 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Apr 1, 2013

its fine for SP, but in mutiplayer it would suck !

Message 46 of 66 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 1, 2013

See, I kind of liked it in the beta.  Yes, it could be spammed, but it forced you to fight smarter rather than mash buttons.  You had to be more careful about your combos and attacks and parry certainly was more responsive than it is now in most cases.

I guess you could argue it slowed combat down a bit, but I liked that more strategic level of confrontation.  Parry now is almost an after thought.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Message 47 of 66 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2330 posts

Apr 1, 2013

Parry was better in the private beta and it got adjusted in the multiplayer beta. The way it is now is like sticking a grenade up your butt and waiting for someone to pull the pin out because it usually involves you dying.

Message 48 of 66 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 1, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

Parry was better in the private beta and it got adjusted in the multiplayer beta. The way it is now is like sticking a grenade up your butt and waiting for someone to pull the pin out because it usually involves you dying.

Yeah, I played both, Silver.  I like the grenade analogy, fits rather well.

----------------------

Message 49 of 66 (126 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

Apr 1, 2013

As promised, here is me working on my parry!

Message 50 of 66 (112 Views)
0 Likes