Mar 31 2013
By: Arkkienkeli83 Wastelander 634 posts

Parry has to go away

[ Edited ]
65 replies 617 views Edited Mar 31, 2013

SSM why did you do this to us? I was lucky to get in early MP beta and my first post in feedback was that the parry has to go! btw the parry was better in beta but still why not simple timing on L1 like in previous games?L1 block,timed L1 for parry. too often i find my self cornered and unable to anything but pressing L1 and thats because i can count in my one hand fingers how often i have actually managed to 1vs1 yeah the parry works if you are lucky in 1vs1 but avarage i face 2 opponents at once .the timing L1 would actually may saved me from comboed to dead by 2 or more guys and there would not be even use of that annoying invincible(white)thing if the parry was like it has always been and fights would be more intense and that 1 combo and dead would not be so easy to pull anymore.Even that i have practise it alot to time the parry its still a huge gamble and dodgin is still better choise then parrying. i did not like it SP nor in BETA or MP sorry SSM it stinks,you should have listen me when i it was still a beta.I know there are some handfull of people that actually like this but i would not waste good L+X special spot to parry.i suggested a move instead like special very slow hard hitting move that is easy to evade or avoid unless you time it right,that would be better use of gamble then parry.it still can have some recovery time in MP even if it would be L1 timing parry.God Speed.

Message 1 of 66 (617 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

Re: Parry has to go away

Mar 31, 2013
FYI. if you want to give feedback directly to SSM (i assuming you do, as you keep refereeing SSM as you talking directly to them)
Then i suggest using this:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GodofWar-MPFeedback-Survey1

There is already a bunch of threads dedicated to whining you could of used, instead of creating a new one!
Also, you should try using the "<br>" code if you are using the HTML layout for replaying.
As text with no row breaks make it a bit tedious to read.
it also has the effect of making the writer look badly educated and unprofessional!
Witch is otherwise a standard starting point in making people take your post serious!

Also, if trying to give constructive criticism don't use your own short comings for an example to why it needs to be "fixed"!
Also, tying parry to L1 would make it so you couldn't use normal block!
Witch you lacked to take any consideration to.

In conclusion,
your post was poorly written, not well thought threw, and only ended up getting people notice your bad grammar and uses of row breaks!

Hows that for constructive criticism? Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 66 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Mar 31, 2013
They need to bring back the Beta Parry. It actually did its job...
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 3 of 66 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
787 posts

Mar 31, 2013

Why remove parry?? people will just spam square and other silly moves with no consequence?? The parry leaves you vulnerable if you don't time it right, so it works both ways.

No need to remove it.

Message 4 of 66 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Mar 31, 2013

i think the current parry effect duration should last slightly longer to make it worthwhile

Message 5 of 66 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

Parry and block was in same button previous games.idget.And Get the f u c k out of my thread and stop spreading your tainted "wisdoms" in my thread.your constructive feedback was nothing more then a fart in a wind.you are in no position to try to educate anyone in anything,you have the effect of making bad post and unintelligent asnwers,then you have the nervs to give"constructive"feedback? eat **bleep** and die hard.

Im already so **bleep** angry that i cant write.i meant was for **bleep** making parry as it was in previous games.R1 for block and timed R1 for parry i did not meant to remove it completly.

Message 6 of 66 (334 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

Mar 31, 2013

Arkkienkeli83 wrote:

Parry and block was in same button previous games.idget.And Get the f u c k out of my thread and stop spreading your tainted "wisdoms" in my thread.your constructive feedback was nothing more then a fart in a wind.you are in no position to try to educate anyone in anything,you have the effect of making bad post and unintelligent asnwers,then you have the nervs to give"constructive"feedback? eat **bleep** and die hard.

Im already so **bleep** angry that i cant write.i meant was for **bleep** making parry as it was in previous games.R1 for block and timed R1 for parry i did not meant to remove it completly.

again. "we got a badäss over here.jpg"
And by your (some what limited) thought proses people should be able to spam L1 all day long, parrying everything, without any repercussions as if it didn't parry the opponents attack, it will be guaranteed to block it?

I hope you understand how dumb this sound!
Message 7 of 66 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

Mar 31, 2013
you tell that i have bad grammar and you cant even read?i already mentioned that it can have recovery time.Bädäss indeed i am not that we can say same about you.
Message 8 of 66 (312 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

Mar 31, 2013
But i guess il stop now!
Seeing as my genuine attempt to disprove why it is a bad idea to alter the current parry system to fit TC's preference seems to have only enraged him/her further
While also lead to people reacting badly to my spelling (FYI not grammar per say) and an obsession with how i look and my current social status!

GLHF in this thread!
Message 9 of 66 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

Your first comment was whiners gonna whine.so hows that genuine attempt to prove anything? you had the chance to write proper text and give thoughts.instead you started with a mock about my thread.

Message 10 of 66 (322 Views)
0 Likes