Jan 13 2013
By: bubzy2 Splicer 52 posts

Parry/evade system

2 replies 355 views Edited Jan 13, 2013

Parry system is slower to operate/engage than quick attacks.  After my toon is flashing white  I R3 evade, then L1  parry but I end up getting chained com boooed again not by a special or heavy hold attack.  If you read this and adjust/tweak the timing a lil bit it will force the button mashers to think tactically. 

The evade is decent as long as you don;t fight a good sword spam toon the cyclone spec move should be avoidable;  i was playing a match 4v4 and from setting a trap on the left side map alter enemy toon on ledge spec cyclone me killing I was activating fire not priming tried evade then parry no hope. 

Message 1 of 3 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: Parry/evade system

Jan 13, 2013
Evade....I don't get that much. I'll do it then right at the end of the animation I'll get grappled...like at a point where I SHOULDN'T be grappled. But then there will be people spamming sprint or dodge and I'll grapple only to have my grapple bounce off.

As for parry, I've had people parry me after their animation is done and parry me while I'm comboing them....so Idk it's just a confusing mess. Nothing seems to work properly at times an then when it does work porperly it doesn't matter because the player is too terrible to put up a good fight.
Message 2 of 3 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
14 posts

Re: Parry/evade system

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

I noticed that if there's enough lag the combo will drop because of the hit detection.  Then they're free to parry you or evade when they normally shouldn't.  I think they should use dedicated servers when the game hits.  Anything odd that happens that isn't a bug is almost always lag related.

Message 3 of 3 (326 Views)
0 Likes