Jan 10 2013
By: Flint_Prophet Wastelander 674 posts

Opening animations need to go...

9 replies 206 views Edited Jan 10, 2013

ND had opening animations for their maps in the Uncharted 3 MP beta, and they fortunately removed them in the release...they just got SUPER annoying.

It's a nice idea, but it's better to just start the game right away. The novelty of the opening stuff wears off VERY quickly, and it's extremely repetitive.

Message 1 of 10 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: Opening animations need to go...

Jan 10, 2013
we should be able to skip them. Vote to skip of course.
Message 2 of 10 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
674 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

I disagree. Would take about the entire animation. I can't imagine anyone would actually PREFER to watch them again and again going from game to game. Just throw us into the game, leave the animations behind. For example, with Team FotG, it should just drop in where the characters have to slide down the rope into the game (using the Desert map that's currently in use as an example).

Message 3 of 10 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 10, 2013
well yeah but if you have a vote to skip option, the vids there for people who need to view it but when everyone's sitting there like "omg please skip" it'll be better than nothing. I'm sure they won't be able to just "take it out" They have it in like all their modes/maps so far.
Message 4 of 10 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
674 posts

Jan 10, 2013

"Need to see it" doesn't apply, in my opinion. Sure, it scans the map so you can see where the altar locations are, but I don't think that's necessary, especially since there are constant, on-screen prompts pointing toward where altars are.  Like in many other online MP games, you figure out where things are by running around and exploring.

And I'm quite confident in Santa Monica's ability to just "take them out." Every map in the Uncharted 3 MP beta had an opening animation, and Naughty Dog was able to remove all of them for the release. I doubt Santa Monica lacks the same capability.

Message 5 of 10 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Im with you, we should be able to skip them.

signature.jpg

Message 6 of 10 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1333 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

No, vote to skip is better. OR for new people it will only play 3-5 times per map...So lets say everybody in the round isn't new and have been playing for a few months and one person had JUST gotten it and since he is new the Opening Animation will play FOR that person, and since he is vewing the Opening the other players will get a head start?...no, everybody will need to watch it with him so it's fair. and after a few weeks or months there will be less and less new people and we hardly will have to see that opening. I personaly don't minde it but yea that's my idea.

lawl.jpg

Message 7 of 10 (135 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

Jan 10, 2013

I actually like the animations and feel like they give some atmosphere to the match (it's better than watching a countdown like in CoD Black Ops waiting for a MP match to start). This is just my opinion and I know everyone has their own. If anything, an option to skip may appease both sides.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 8 of 10 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I agree , after a few of the ending monster executions you want to skip that as well. Sometimes the game shows it and sometimes it doesn't . I think this is a glitch as it shows and doesn't show when you've lost or won sometimes.

Message 9 of 10 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Jan 11, 2013

rachelnlucas wrote:

I agree , after a few of the ending monster executions you want to skip that as well. Sometimes the game shows it and sometimes it doesn't . I think this is a glitch as it shows and doesn't show when you've lost or won sometimes.

The cinema only kicks inif the kill will let the team win. Meaning if the team that executes has 7000 or more points.

Message 10 of 10 (100 Views)
0 Likes