Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 04 2013
By: YaDig07 Lombax Warrior 98 posts

One of the worst netcodes I've ever encountered

7 replies 193 views Edited Jan 4, 2013

wow. I"m truly shocked at how horrid this game's netcode is. I played today only to encounter hits not registering, damage being taken way out of the assigned range, people failing to get launched in the air. It was zero fun. I don't see many casual fans playing this simply because you shouldn't have to plan a course of action based around a terrible netcode. Maybe the very small hardcore will but the casuals will not. I hope it gets better because it does have some potential but the performance is just too shoddy. I love GoW and anticipated this component but it's shaping up to be something that will be dead a month after release. Santa Monica has ALOT of work todo in a little bit of time.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Re: One of the worst netcodes I've ever encountered

Jan 4, 2013
It was like this on the 3rd too... really odd game play that I've never experienced before.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Ive played it for some time and you do kind of get used to it but I have to agree somewhat. The netcode is not as smooth as it should be and this could turn off a lot of people.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 5, 2013

yeah, the netcode needs to be improved. I am tired of lag allowing ppl to get away with abusing the game's mechanics.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Been experiencing this to and it's really annoying getting killed because of this.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

Guess I'll jump on the bandwagon for a moment and say that I'm starting to wonder about this myself.

I just finished two matches with an enemy who was parrying and grappling me for actions I finished taking over half a second before.

I'd be halfway through a Triangle attack (Zeus Hammer and Minotaur Hammer), and he would suddenly grapple or parry me as if I was still dodging or using Square. His I-Frames would kick in during my combos, and I'd also be hit by his triangle even if on my screen I'd hit him first (usually with a light attack.)

I understand that there has to be a decision making process for the game when two console viewpoints collide, but it's still irritating that I get sent flying from an attack I was countering.

EDIT: I just want to be fair and say that I get up really early, and that this time of the day isn't prime, and I was probably being placed with international players.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Jan 5, 2013

I'm level 30 with Ares, been playing since day 1 of the beta (Like Mid December or so) and its just not as smooth as say.. the Tutorial is. I know I know, i dont know what they can do but it will turn people off..

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Jan 7, 2013

this has been really laggy since the servers have come back up

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (87 Views)
0 Likes