Just decided to slap on 'OFFICIAL' so most of the ideas for brutal kill animations can be seen in one place.
I noticed that while the sword has quite a medley of brutal kill animations, but the hammer is lacking in this area...so here's an idea.
After successfully grappling a player after the 'red halo' appears, the victorious player:
1) Shoves the defeated player onto the ground so that they're lying face-up.
2) Utterly smashes the lower half of their body with the hammer.
3) Leaves the hammer there.
4) Stands on the hammer with one leg.
5) Grabs the defeated players neck.
6) Wrenches the upper part of their torso from under the hammer.
7) Throws the severed upper torso away.
It seems like alot of steps, but it will probably be over in less than 5 seconds.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to anymore suggestions, so post away!
There are also some brutal kill ideas already suggested by me and Abu_ dude...
If it were up to me, the brutal kills would be based on powers of your god.
- Players that pledge to Zeus would have lightning brutal kills
- Players that pledge to Ares would have brutal kills like the ones that already exist
- Players that pledge Hades would be dragged down to Hades with that soul weapon that he has.
- Players that pledge Poseidon could drown people
The gods need to be a bigger part of the gameplay. Afterall, the brutal kills seem kind of "super-human" to begin with.