Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Re: Now I am convinced that Zeus' alignment is OP, as well as Athena's blade.

Jan 5, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:
I do think something might have happened to the game over break, they might have tried a live update and it broke some stuff...

Because I used to cancel and have my Zeus L1 + triangle cancelled all the time.

Not only that but the i-frames during brutal kills and picking up the boots of hermes are busted. If you're in a trap or something during a brutal kill you used to be invincible but now your character stands up, the camera acts all crazy and the person you're killing is a black cloud but you HEAR the brutal kill still.

Also, the hammer of ares lost its i-frames, certain heavy attacks have i-frames to make sure you hit the opponent and the hammer used to do that, but now the slightest tap will interrupt my special.

it does seem like the servers are messing up. During a brutal kill, you should be invincible. However, I have died plenty of times while I was doing a brutal kill, which extended into a trap. As for the mintoaur hammer, half the time L1 traingle does not even launch. L1 square launches sometimes, but rarely. They need to fix this.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 44 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9641 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Oh, another thing that makes Zeus OP.

In a FFA I had with my clan mates last night I was fighting one of them after I killed one. I was brutal killing the guy and my clan member who was playing as Zeus, runs up and places an electric mine next to me... after I'm done it takes out ALL my health leaving me open for a super easy finisher.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 44 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:
Oh, another thing that makes Zeus OP.

In a FFA I had with my clan mates last night I was fighting one of them after I killed one. I was brutal killing the guy and my clan member who was playing as Zeus, runs up and places an electric mine next to me... after I'm done it takes out ALL my health leaving me open for a super easy finisher.

LOL!!! Ppl spam that move a lot too. That magic not only makes youn incapable of moving, but it dels massive damage and leaves you open for a launcher/ combo.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 44 (290 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 6, 2013

i dont find zues class to be op at all. its mostly spammers and they are easily beaten if you know how to dodge zues attacks

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 44 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Jan 7, 2013
I agree with Kaze but I will say Zues Champs are very annoying but they can be beaten easily If you got it like that. Also I'm an Ares Champ and I wipe the floor with Zeus people all the time, don't believe me? Challenge me then.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 44 (262 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

would love to see a pro Ares and pro Zeus duel ... XD

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 44 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9641 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Lord-Kratos23 wrote:
I agree with Kaze but I will say Zues Champs are very annoying but they can be beaten easily If you got it like that. Also I'm an Ares Champ and I wipe the floor with Zeus people all the time, don't believe me? Challenge me then.

Oh I believe you :smileywink: but it's really based on skill.

Logically, Zeus has such a huge advantage over Ares.  Naturally good P. def, 50% + damage spells, relics that give the entire team MP, relic that give one magic attack on spawn, kill or chest (c'mon, that's OP as hell), item that teleports user away from hardm..which is easily the best relic in the game.  Their magic is actually useful, where Ares magic only works if you get lucky or if the person you're trying to hit sucks at the game.

Ares is pretty silly really.  He's so plain... he has naturally high offense which is alright... I'm not sure about the defense but his play styles is terrible.  Why?  Because stacking stats doesn't increase combat effectiveness.

In another thread, soveriegn and I went into detail about stacking stats.  

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/What-s-better-build-Offense-...

Yeah, it helps until about 200-300 but after that?  You're just wasting your time really.  I've stacked both strength, p. def and e. def and every single time I did it... I came out on the losing end of most fights.  It helps until a certain point, and then the stat is virtually useless which is an effect used on a lot of MMOs.  It's to avoid abusing OP stats and getting a huge advantage in battle.  

But go ahead and try it, get as much damage as you can without caring about defense or any other stat.  Not only will you take a lot more damage, that extra damage doesn't translate into combat very well...unless of course you're fighting an opponent who doesn't care about defense but most people will definitely have good defense.  

That being said, this gives Ares a terrible play style in combat because the bulk of his accessories (relics/items) give extra strength and in a decent %.  While that looks good, remember that the stacked stats don't really help all that much.  Sure, they do infact deal a bit more damage, or gives you a bit more defense but the drop off is really low which also makes me worry about launch.  Will we have armor with better stats?  If so, will the better armor have HUGE stats, in the thousands?  It'd have to in order for it to translate into battle properly.  As it is now, the only thing you're doing by sacrificing defense is atting a couple more damage per hit and taking much more damage per hit where you could sacrifice very little damage to gain survivability.  

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 44 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Ares as a god, there's no reason to play him honestly. Mechanical skill only goes so far, it comes down to the weapons and items and magic, and Zeus has him beat out in spades in those aspects with tons of special attacks that juggle-bounce-ignore guard etc. The magic is expected to be OP cause it's Zeus after all but the items are just ridiculous...who knows how the other two gods turn out since they're saying they're not gonna be in the beta. 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 44 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 8, 2013

BHK3 wrote:

Ares as a god, there's no reason to play him honestly. Mechanical skill only goes so far, it comes down to the weapons and items and magic, and Zeus has him beat out in spades in those aspects with tons of special attacks that juggle-bounce-ignore guard etc. The magic is expected to be OP cause it's Zeus after all but the items are just ridiculous...who knows how the other two gods turn out since they're saying they're not gonna be in the beta. 

Well if magic with Zeus is OP by nature then Ares attack damage or any kind of physical damage should be OP too don't you think?

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 44 (225 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Anyone know how to get the athena blade?? i cant find the trasures, arm scraps... also i can't find the treasures to the armor of Skorpio...Help!

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 44 (186 Views)
0 Likes