Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: Now I am convinced that Zeus' alignment is OP, as well as Athena's blade.

Jan 5, 2013
He's good for someone who has played constantly 3 days straight.

Not only that, he's right... about everything.
Message 11 of 44 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Jan 5, 2013

if you see an athena blade user come at you with L1+square attack then simply BLOCK or PARRY, its easy as hell to read as most people will open with it. As for the hammer of zeus' l1+ triangle, you can easily interupt or dodge out of it. The only broken things zeus has right now are the relics that refill their magic bars.

Message 12 of 44 (434 Views)
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jan 5, 2013
I'm going to give a few examples here.

- most weapons L1 Square special can be blocked or parried. Zeus' Hammer L1 Square cannot be parried, and even if you block this attack, the final shotgun blast-like hit alwaus connects. And launches.

- Hammer of Zeus is the only weapon with a vacuum effect. That launches. That can be comboed into. All while negating your item and effectively shutting you down. How interruptable it is can be argued. It's really simple. Go into the FFA and face three Zeus champions with that Hammer. Tell me how that goes. How fun that is.

- BoA's self heal is negligable. It comes into its own with tactical escapes. Otherwise it's far better suited to team play like CTF. That said, it feels so much a game changer because health regen and reward systems are so rare and shoddily done currently. There should be a reward for smart yet aggressive playing as well. Currently there is not.

- if you get a slash in, or try to hit a heavy attack on a Zeus champ with magic, that Lightning Storm is inescapable.

- the lightning bolt brings Zeus' vacuum effects to three and cannot be rolled out of, itemed out of or blocked. It's in effect a heavily damaged trap placed wherever and whenever the Zeus champ wants.

- with either Relic of Chance or Harmony, a smart Zeus player will have a constant influx of magic. That's why fights since last patch (where these relics were BUFFED for some odd reason) have devolved into magic spam. Again, face three zeus champs in FFA with lightning storm. How fun is that honestly?

Ares does need a few buffs, but not many. I actually think physical dmg is in a good place. I think Ares' magic effects can be tightened up abit. Inferno feels good to me. Not sure why others complain about it.
Ares' relics are a joke in current game format. Relics should promote that Patrons methodology. Zeus Relics promote clever play. Ares' Relics promote.... Chest mini games? Kill Streaks that are best attained through constant disengaging? Parry one feels fine. Kill Streak ones WOULD be fine if kills regen some health.

Zeus needs to be toned down, but not a ton. The Relic of Chance needs kills removed from it, the Harmony relic needs to max out at 5 chests and the vacuum effects need to be removed from Lightning storm. Minor buffs to Ares, minor nerfs to Zeus and once health regen is looked at the BoA will be less game changing. Viola. On to the other Gods.
Message 13 of 44 (422 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Zeus is harder to combo IMO than Ares, best way to counter is high Element Resists, seriously ever since I popped on Armor of Morpheus and have 430 magic resist, a full powered cone which is pretty much instakill leaves me now instead with 1/4 health or more plus I'm getting better at i-frame dodging even though I hate it. Athena's blade is only OP because of invulnerability shield thing not because of the healing. In the other terms, I agree, Zeus has better relics and items compared to Ares, they have 3 diffrent relics that grant magic while Ares has none and I think some relics don't even work ie the one for 40% more damage when flag captured, no icon to indicate if it's active so don't know if it works or not. I'm playing CTF Ares right now without using magic most of the time since I'm getting better.......I for some reason can't launch after [] [] L1+/\ like DelSol-97's combo as it gives the i-frame slide to me.....

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 14 of 44 (417 Views)
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Grenix wrote:

if you see an athena blade user come at you with L1+square attack then simply BLOCK or PARRY, its easy as hell to read as most people will open with it. As for the hammer of zeus' l1+ triangle, you can easily interupt or dodge out of it. The only broken things zeus has right now are the relics that refill their magic bars.

I have tried to parry SOOOOOOOOOOOO many times, yet it does not come out. How can you easily interrupt Zeus' L1 triangle when it charges for 3 hits in ANY direction, and has amazing range? You can only counter with a heavy attack...but good luck getting close.

Message 15 of 44 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 5, 2013

I have seen nothing but the BOA combo work for Zeus players. In fact, Zeus weapons combo better because of things like Zeus' L1 traingle, which can be grappled into, not to mention his magic being able to combo after.

Message 16 of 44 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 5, 2013

RichYungThaBest wrote:

Grenix wrote:

I have tried to parry SOOOOOOOOOOOO many times, yet it does not come out. How can you easily interrupt Zeus' L1 triangle when it charges for 3 hits in ANY direction, and has amazing range? You can only counter with a heavy attack...but good luck getting close.

I think he was referring to the hammer triangle special, which in all fairness that is pretty easy as a heavy or kick will interrupt it.  

Message 17 of 44 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Zeus guys are alright, i mean the Zeus' champ do what SSM promise at the trailer. Ares at the other hand don't, SSM said Ares was the God that has the more damage when getting close. After patch 1.08 the reduce the damage inflict by Ares' champ. To this day i never understand why.

Message 18 of 44 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

RichYungThaBest wrote:

Grenix wrote:

I think he was referring to the hammer triangle special, which in all fairness that is pretty easy as a heavy or kick will interrupt it.  

nope. I was literally in a match, where this one guy was spamming Zeus' hammer L1 tirangle. I hit him with a launcher....a LAUNCHER, and he still carried out the attack. I honestly cannot keep playing the beta. Everywhere I go I see ppl spamming dodge. Even worse, the servers seem to be unresponsive. I use my Ares' punch special and it hit them dirctly, yet they rarely get launched, and half the times the explosive mine does not go off. Yet Zeus vortex never fails to kill me, even when I am not stuck in thee radius of it.

I was just in a match where a person had less than 10% health left. I grabbed him...AND HE STILL LIVED. I used my Ares' punch on him, and guess what......HE STILL LIVED. This is ridiculous.

Message 19 of 44 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 5, 2013
I do think something might have happened to the game over break, they might have tried a live update and it broke some stuff...

Because I used to cancel and have my Zeus L1 + triangle cancelled all the time.

Not only that but the i-frames during brutal kills and picking up the boots of hermes are busted. If you're in a trap or something during a brutal kill you used to be invincible but now your character stands up, the camera acts all crazy and the person you're killing is a black cloud but you HEAR the brutal kill still.

Also, the hammer of ares lost its i-frames, certain heavy attacks have i-frames to make sure you hit the opponent and the hammer used to do that, but now the slightest tap will interrupt my special.
Message 20 of 44 (394 Views)
0 Likes