Highlighted
Jan 11 2013
By: noheartallsoul First Son 26 posts

Not sure how relics "WORK"

4 replies 335 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

Am i alone in this? Magic is R2, Item is L2,  . . . how do you "activate" a relic? 

Message 1 of 5 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Re: Not sure how relics "WORK"

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

A relic is something that automatically empowers your character from my understanding.

For example, both Zeus and Ares have relics that allow you to get either health or magic for successfully completing a chest mini game. So, when you open a chest, you'll be prompted to press a corresponding button and if you press the right button you'll get health or magic.

Ares has a relic where if you're on a death streak, you're defense increases for about 20 seconds and another one where if you're on a kill streak, you're strength increases for about 20 seconds.

Zeus has one where you get 50% magic for 20 - 40 seconds upon every death and another one where you explode after death (practically making you a land mine).

They have relics that reward good play, bad play, and smart play.

Message 2 of 5 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Yeah exactly. The key word here is Passive. The Relic's are passive buffs that activate according to their own rules (death streak, kill streak, open chest etc...).

There is no button on the controller to activate a Relic. Just read their descriptions and pick which passive enhancement you think best suits your play style or helps your team to victory!

Message 3 of 5 (315 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
415 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

Hey guys,

Please see our MP Basic Strategy Guide, it explains EXACTLY how relics work. They are simply, passive bonus. Meaning, you equip it to your warrior and that's it. You do not need to press a button to activate it.

Scroll to the bottom here:

http://www.godofwar.com/en-us/strategy/basic/

Thanks!

Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Message 4 of 5 (308 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Yes! got it. They make more sense now after I've played the game more. Thanks!
Message 5 of 5 (269 Views)
0 Likes