Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
55 posts

Re: No nerfs

Dec 29, 2012

SovereignSky wrote:

Gladiatuss22 wrote:
I think Stats don't change anything. I usually go with the armor I find most cool and still win the match!

Stas do affect everything, I lasted way longer with Skorpian armor + BoA cause cooldown than my normal Zeus but at the same time wasn't killing as fast.....but you brought up another problem which is why special armors like Cyclopean have to suffer......I would rock Cyclopean and Skorpian on my Ares and Zeus respectively if I didn't sufer in some aspect...

I mean, sometimes I go with cyclopean armor,sage legs and Athena's helmet. That leaves me with 10 attack,I still win!

Message 11 of 22 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Dec 29, 2012

The stats wouldn't exist if they didn't do anything.

Message 12 of 22 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Dec 29, 2012

SovereignSky wrote:

It's because Zeus is more OP cause of AoE attacks and silencing, relics and items are just too good too, Elemental Power affects anything with an element, Physical power on Ares ONLY affects normal attacks and L1+[] as L1+/\ is considered an element on most his weapons I think( Blade of Ares, one that raises spikes from ground etc). I think the best way to counter would be to have Poseidon and Hades have high Element Resist and Phys Resist respectively

One is bound to have high physical resist and will be considered a tank class and will automatically be better than Ares.  

I like melee classes in this game, I hate playing as Zeus and whoever is the tank is going to be godly.  

I hope Ares peripherals such as magic, items and relics don't just get buffed but changed and the higher you level up the more diversity there is between the classes because now, there's just soo much similar.

Zeus = magic, Ares = melee.  But yet, Zeus players can destroy with melee attacks as well, like a BoA + skorpion combo.  Absolutely no offensive attack power there but they can kill in like 2 combos just like an ares player.  Plus they get to use insanely powerful magic and have the best relics/items.  

Message 13 of 22 (97 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 30, 2012
See if they nerf Zeus now, at least Ares players will have a chance! I understand that Hades and Poseidon teams may be different in skill, but if you put one weak team against one strong team, it's pretty obvious what will happen. I mean yeah, it's still only in beta, but c'mon! This is a little ridiculous.
Message 14 of 22 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Physical defense and resistance seems easier to build up than magic too.  Right now maxing physical attack is hard but maxing physical defense is easier than getting any even slightly decent elemental defense.  Also even though the melee attacks for Zeus should be based on strength they dont appear to be.   

Ive played both sides, I really like my Ares hero but as you level up Zeus is far superior just in item builds and relics.   Im sorry but in this game gear can offset poor player skill as I can dodge/parry/block all day as Ares but eventually Im going to get hit even by a much less apt player however when they can kill me in 2-3 very simple button mashing combos when it takes me 4 or more then its a bit unbalanced.

Im not saying nerf either because Im a firm believing in buffs/alterations to disadvantage than nerf.  Right now Zeus doesnt feel over balance but rather he feels just right.  Ares however feels unbalanced and even in hands of a skilled player can be difficult to play but if you are not really good at timing parry and dodges then forget it. He has no decent relics or magic to save him at all.

Message 15 of 22 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Dec 31, 2012

hmmm i like this discussion but i dont understand any of the stats or better yet how to build properly. I just roll in with my high level ares and do my best to put in work. im pretty good as far as i know but to be the best i will have to learn how to build. Hopefully someone can help me out with this when the servers return.

Kings are Made in WAR- Leader of Team Street Killas
http://www.youtube.com/user/kingParkerTSK
Message 16 of 22 (67 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
You do have a point, but at the moment Zeus seems to have a ton of really useful perks while the only real reason I see in even using Ares is that he has a bit extra damage. Arguably unnoticeable.

The other gods might be the same, have a lot of advantages so I guess it would help to see. But right not it really doesn't feel fair when the game seemed pretty balanced before but then they came on and nerfed Ares damage and certain sets while giving Zeus extra perks for their already pretty dang useful relic.

Maybe it's just they don't have the Ares class down but right now it just feels like Zeus is too advantageous while Ares doesn't really have an up side.

Well instead of a nerf to zeus maybe they should give ares a buff :smileywink:.

Message 17 of 22 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Dec 31, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:
You do have a point, but at the moment Zeus seems to have a ton of really useful perks while the only real reason I see in even using Ares is that he has a bit extra damage. Arguably unnoticeable.

The other gods might be the same, have a lot of advantages so I guess it would help to see. But right not it really doesn't feel fair when the game seemed pretty balanced before but then they came on and nerfed Ares damage and certain sets while giving Zeus extra perks for their already pretty dang useful relic.

Maybe it's just they don't have the Ares class down but right now it just feels like Zeus is too advantageous while Ares doesn't really have an up side.

Well instead of a nerf to zeus maybe they should give ares a buff :smileywink:.

See that's where the tricky part comes in.  Do they want this game to be played the way Zeus plays or Ares plays?

It's hard to tell if Zeus is actually over powered or if Ares is under powered but one has to be near the level they want the game to be played. 

Either way, I still feel Zeus is too advantageous stats wise.  They can have huge melee damage with literally 50 damage and rest put into their armor which is kind of silly if you ask me.  

Usually spell casters have high spell damage, low melee damage and low defense to compensate for their high magic damage.  And since they have tons of ways to gain magic now, I think their stats should reflect their magic capabilities and forcing players to play more magic wise than melee wise and using magic to steal kills in FFA and what have you.

Message 18 of 22 (60 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 7, 2013

ares is good becuase he a power house so your basics are your weapon. i dont like magic. but i will perry, combo, and spartan kick my way to a 12-1 kill streak. it all about how you use and how you handle those that oppose. i hate people who complain about the power an skill of someone else and dont think that maybe you just suck a.k.a not as good as your opponent.

Message 19 of 22 (39 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 7, 2013

zues doesnt need to get nerfed step to the challenge and kill him that the only thing i see when fighting. aslong you take damage your gonna lose to me

Message 20 of 22 (38 Views)
0 Likes