Highlighted
Dec 28 2012
By: vyrsai Lombax Warrior 137 posts

No nerfs

21 replies 200 views Edited Dec 28, 2012

So I've seen a lot of complaints bout how Zeus should be nerfed. Even though I play Ares, I don't think he should be. We have no idea what the other gods play like yet and if you're getting destroyed by Zeus players a lot, maybe it's the fact that they know what they're doing. I come in first in 90% of the FFa games I play because I know how Ares works and how to shut down Zeus players. I get my **bleep** kicked often but that's just how games work. I'm sure I'm not alone in this so let's try to avoid being a community that has to complain when we get our **bleep** beat. Happy holidays and hopefully I'll see you all in game when the servers come back online.

Message 1 of 22 (200 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Re: No nerfs

Dec 28, 2012
You do have a point, but at the moment Zeus seems to have a ton of really useful perks while the only real reason I see in even using Ares is that he has a bit extra damage. Arguably unnoticeable.

The other gods might be the same, have a lot of advantages so I guess it would help to see. But right not it really doesn't feel fair when the game seemed pretty balanced before but then they came on and nerfed Ares damage and certain sets while giving Zeus extra perks for their already pretty dang useful relic.

Maybe it's just they don't have the Ares class down but right now it just feels like Zeus is too advantageous while Ares doesn't really have an up side.
Message 2 of 22 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Dec 28, 2012

See, I would say Ares has a ton of advantages in damage dealing (which he should) but you know as well as I do that once something is nerfed then something is buffed and it's a never ending stream of something being broken. Just leave it alone and we can just call people who use it at launch a noob and be done with it.

Message 3 of 22 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Dec 28, 2012
Once again I kind of agree but yet do not.

About Ares...I forgot isn't his attack power lower than Zeus's e. power? Anyway, he does seem to have a lot of damage bonuses but I don't FEEL that.

I don't FEEL the damage what so ever when I'm playing which is why I steer away from STR a bit. I'll have some damage on gear but not a whole lot...I'll have quite a bit of defense and it feels so much more balanced out. Even with the + strength on kill...I'll be killing multiple people and not even realize I'm gaining strength. It takes me a lot of hits to kill someone. I'll hit them twice, hit into the air continue the combo and then I'll have to deal more damage in order to kill someone.

Plus, grapples do the same damage no matter who does them (25%) and the spikes do 50% damage no matter what which really decreases the gap physical damage wise.

When a zeus melee damages me even with BoA I feel like I'm getting my **bleep** pushed back in. Grenix was using a full skropion set (no attack) with BoA (50 damage at max) and when he killed me it felt like he was just covered in strength gear.

Idk whether or not it's me not paying enough attention or what...but statistically yeah Ares does have a bit more damage to him but VISUALLY I have yet to even see a difference. I've had plenty of players shave off huge heaps of health even with a more defensive loadout on... and they expect us to trade off tons of defense for a tiny...TINY bit of attack when it already doesn't feel like it helps?

But things will be OP and UP (under powered) I mean, not every single person will be 100% correct 100% of the time but it's why we have a beta not only to test servers but to make sure the game is balanced and fair when it comes out. I don't know of one single game that can be said is fair and balanced in the beta stages.
Message 4 of 22 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Dec 28, 2012

I try to level up items but a lot of the time I use ful Ares armor with the gladiator hammer and I see that I have a great defense and I do some absurd damage. I've gotten screwed over by Zeus magic a whole bunch but I have never personally felt that he was broken. Maybe it's just the way I play, I'll do some experimenting when the servers kick back in.

Message 5 of 22 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Dec 28, 2012
Well, I've had the same idea trying to use full ares such as his hammer and his full set of armor but when I go into a match and I get hit I just lose health like crazy. So I start stacking defense and you know to be honest, you can shave off a tiny bit of offense and gain a ton of defense and it helps so much more.

Before they nerfed the damage, it was more even...you lost 105 damage for 150 defense but yet it still doesn't feel much. Idk whether I'm just blind or what but the only reason I don't use Zeus is because I don't really know how to play him...I want to have high def yet want to boost my e. power and p. power and I get so confused. I just go back to Ares and put on some good damage and defense and it's much simpler.
Message 6 of 22 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Dec 28, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
Well, I've had the same idea trying to use full ares such as his hammer and his full set of armor but when I go into a match and I get hit I just lose health like crazy. So I start stacking defense and you know to be honest, you can shave off a tiny bit of offense and gain a ton of defense and it helps so much more.

Before they nerfed the damage, it was more even...you lost 105 damage for 150 defense but yet it still doesn't feel much. Idk whether I'm just blind or what but the only reason I don't use Zeus is because I don't really know how to play him...I want to have high def yet want to boost my e. power and p. power and I get so confused. I just go back to Ares and put on some good damage and defense and it's much simpler.

Just up the hell out of your elemental power with Zeus. He's best used as a magic glass cannon. At least when I play with him.

Message 7 of 22 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Dec 28, 2012

It's because Zeus is more OP cause of AoE attacks and silencing, relics and items are just too good too, Elemental Power affects anything with an element, Physical power on Ares ONLY affects normal attacks and L1+[] as L1+/\ is considered an element on most his weapons I think( Blade of Ares, one that raises spikes from ground etc). I think the best way to counter would be to have Poseidon and Hades have high Element Resist and Phys Resist respectively

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 8 of 22 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Dec 28, 2012
I think Stats don't change anything. I usually go with the armor I find most cool and still win the match!
Message 9 of 22 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Dec 28, 2012

Gladiatuss22 wrote:
I think Stats don't change anything. I usually go with the armor I find most cool and still win the match!

Stas do affect everything, I lasted way longer with Skorpian armor + BoA cause cooldown than my normal Zeus but at the same time wasn't killing as fast.....but you brought up another problem which is why special armors like Cyclopean have to suffer......I would rock Cyclopean and Skorpian on my Ares and Zeus respectively if I didn't sufer in some aspect...

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 10 of 22 (160 Views)
0 Likes