Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

Re: Nerf the Jumping

Sep 3, 2013

Just leave threads like this alone Champ, it won't do you any good to argue. Though I do kinda disagree with your post about the good players all using top tier weapons. I've made a habit out of doing well with the low tier/ weapons no one else wants to use.

Every month or so a new member to the forums makes one of these 'nerf sword' 'nerf jump slicing'. It's been happening since release. Here's a point of view you're probably not expecting. Not counting specials, outside of jumpslice swords are garbage. Maybe not garbage but the upside to over 65% of the community using them is that you know what to expect. People become so predictable. Jump slice trinity? I just block every single time. I'll get hit by a random JS because I was fighting another player but rarely on a 1v1 scenario. Give me a hammer anyday.

Gauntlets are the s**t though. The freaking range on a stand alone triangle unblockable is insane.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 51 of 70 (264 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Sep 3, 2013

your are so right man.all the weapons have some good moves and some bad moves.what i want to say is that,if you are a skilled player you can handle a js.I am a JSer and i really like the way i play,but when i played against followmylead i lost bigtime,because he is a great player and he played better than me.its simple as that.

Message 52 of 70 (258 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Sep 3, 2013

in my previous message i have agreed with CharlesChamp.

Message 53 of 70 (246 Views)
I Only Post Everything
815 posts

Sep 3, 2013

even the training sentinel is using JS...
not going to be removed or nerfed...
there far worst things than JS out there...IMO

photo 1174307_10151656299632872_2113477454_n_zps8734f8cd.jpg

Message 54 of 70 (243 Views)
Wastelander
597 posts

Sep 3, 2013

To Aris and Mortalgod; are u an ....? and do you know who u are talking 2??

Message 55 of 70 (225 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Sep 3, 2013

@DaBeast and above posters

By no means i'm suggesting to remove JS from the game.

I have every god at the 5th ascension and I have enough gameplay experience with swords to know that SPAMMING JS which means jumping non stop faking, blocking, cancelling nd eventually slicing for the kill is overpowered.

You can jump slice 3 times in the same time you would do a single jump T with other weapons, suffering no consequences whatsoever for a mistake.

Now tell me something, which move from any other weapon puts pressure on the opponent and grants you ivulnerability AT THE SAME TIME.

Hammer : hold t is great, the tracking is perfect and has quite a long range in seeking the enemy; still on the hammer, delayed square, awesome vortex effect and charged effects

Spear: Multiple T, Hold T ( same as spear, faster though)

Gaunts: double ranged T and hold sq with nice range.

Now all that sounds cool doesn't it?What happens is that if I MISS any of those I'll be punished, no need to parry,if any of those moves are evaded YOU WILL BE PUNISHEd.

Now let's go back to JS, only way to counter it reliably is parrying, but with faking, blocking, and cancelling, you may misparry and be even more open to attacks.

By the gods, try evading a JS by the time you will try to counter they're in the air again now this time with the sword inches away from your head, next thing you're dead.

JS is cool SHOULD STAY but SHOULD NOT, MUST NOT be spammable, IF I EVADE JS THE CASTER SHOULD BE THEN RAPED, not be able to repeat it.

I;m not new to this, you may have vids and have you fair share of fame in this little community but it doesn't make what you see more legit than what I do, and as far as the community go, most seem to agree with me.

Message 56 of 70 (212 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Sep 3, 2013
@Tye_Dye_CuttleFish_Taco Lmao... Nobody is following you idiot.
Message 57 of 70 (196 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2013

DanteVincent wrote:

@DaBeast and above posters

By no means i'm suggesting to remove JS from the game.

I have every god at the 5th ascension and I have enough gameplay experience with swords to know that SPAMMING JS which means jumping non stop faking, blocking, cancelling nd eventually slicing for the kill is overpowered.

You can jump slice 3 times in the same time you would do a single jump T with other weapons, suffering no consequences whatsoever for a mistake.

Now tell me something, which move from any other weapon puts pressure on the opponent and grants you ivulnerability AT THE SAME TIME.

Hammer : hold t is great, the tracking is perfect and has quite a long range in seeking the enemy; still on the hammer, delayed square, awesome vortex effect and charged effects

Spear: Multiple T, Hold T ( same as spear, faster though)

Gaunts: double ranged T and hold sq with nice range.

Now all that sounds cool doesn't it?What happens is that if I MISS any of those I'll be punished, no need to parry,if any of those moves are evaded YOU WILL BE PUNISHEd.

Now let's go back to JS, only way to counter it reliably is parrying, but with faking, blocking, and cancelling, you may misparry and be even more open to attacks.

By the gods, try evading a JS by the time you will try to counter they're in the air again now this time with the sword inches away from your head, next thing you're dead.

JS is cool SHOULD STAY but SHOULD NOT, MUST NOT be spammable, IF I EVADE JS THE CASTER SHOULD BE THEN RAPED, not be able to repeat it.

I;m not new to this, you may have vids and have you fair share of fame in this little community but it doesn't make what you see more legit than what I do, and as far as the community go, most seem to agree with me.

The JS risk/reward system is flawed. I know that. The unfortunate thing is its not going to and is never going to be changed. All I did was express my view point as opinion, not fact. Some people are able to handle the jump slicing better than others. 

LMAO at the thought of ever using the fact that I post videos to make my arguments sound more legit. I'm not that vain in the slightest.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 58 of 70 (176 Views)
Last Guardian
11771 posts

Sep 3, 2013
Da beast abuses dem video powwwaaaahhhzz

Smiley Wink I like your vids haha
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 59 of 70 (172 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Sep 3, 2013
@Charles I was only trying to point out how some ppl want to take out all the flavor in this game in my second post. Thanks for the tip anyways cuz my playstyle usually is react and punish. And thanks for calling me Chron_C. Cuz Chron_C covets da chronic.
Alteration is fun
Message 60 of 70 (151 Views)
0 Likes