Sep 19 2013
By: Bowie_usa First Son 5 posts

Need some help for newbie.

9 replies 348 views Edited Sep 19, 2013

I just start to play multiplayer for 2 week (lv 21).

Please guide me  how to use spear and sword.

I almost play solo mode and my hammer it's a longest survival.

Thx

Message 1 of 10 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1771 posts

Re: Need some help for newbie.

Sep 19, 2013

US people, Help this guy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lag is OP. NERF it!
Message 2 of 10 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2013

As I am no US player I can't help you directly via sparring and so forth...

I know how hard or even next to frustrating and unfair it is starting out in a field where the majority of people played for months, so I am feeling you Smiley Happy

I would suggest to try and watch videos of experienced players, there are a lot of those on youtube.

A further tip would be: if you are comfortable with hammers ATM, stick to them until you have a grasp of most of the game mechanics and of basic combos; once you are at that point, it's MUCH easier to just switch your weapon, have a look at how different they are and kick some a$$ nonetheless Smiley Happy

Wish you good luck my friend!

0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Sep 19, 2013
Add me I will spar with you. I play mostly in mornings
Are you mad bro...
Message 4 of 10 (286 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
815 posts

Sep 19, 2013
welcome to GOWA bro!

its going to be a hard start just to let you know...be sure to join a clan or find friends who play the game.
my advice would be start with poseidon or ares...best gods for new players imo.
 photo 1174307_10151656299632872_2113477454_n_zps8734f8cd.jpg

Message 5 of 10 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3413 posts

Sep 19, 2013
@MG I started with Hades, and had no problems. I didn't play the beta so I had no experiance when I first started.

My advice would be to find some friends to add that play the game, and make use of the tutorial for sparring and practice if you are alone, it will help you ALOT. If you don't already, I would recommend that you pick up a headset, doesn't have to be expensive, but a cheap one from Walmart or Target or something will work fine, that way you can communicate with friends while you play. I play from time to time, and I mostly play CTF, but feel free to add me, I can get some people together and we can spar for a little, then take off the training wheels and do a CTF or TFoG
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 6 of 10 (258 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Sep 20, 2013

Thank you Mr. XxNO_RETREATxX big bros.

I play in asia zone, I can kick there _ss even my level just 7 and they 30+

Message 7 of 10 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3054 posts

Sep 20, 2013

Bowie_usa wrote:

I just start to play multiplayer for 2 week (lv 21).

Please guide me  how to use spear and sword.

I almost play solo mode and my hammer it's a longest survival.

Thx

Hello and welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy There are a lot of talented people here that'll be able to help and this thread is FULL of useful links:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/GoWA-thread-links-list/m-p/4...

Message 8 of 10 (199 Views)
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Sep 21, 2013
It was hard, I wish I could of done better. Being major lagging because of location, just keep in mind and practice not only offense but defense too. They cant kill what they cant touch.
Are you mad bro...
Message 9 of 10 (169 Views)
Wastelander
572 posts

Sep 21, 2013
My advise: Don't get too down on yourself, because this game isn't very friendly towards new players. Not only are you going to be outskilled, but these players you will be fighting will have all of the best stuff in the game.

Everyone goes through this when they first start out. Pick your fights wisely, don't rush in swinging at everything you see. You will die quickly, & often if you do.

I would recommend playing Trial of the gods to start out with, & try to get The desert of lost souls. You can get some good XP from it. Try to get gold waves, & look for white treasure chest. White chest contain a possible weapon shard. If you collect 3 shards of the same weapon, you get that weapon. One of the weapons from those white chest is called The blade of Athena. It is my personal favorite weapon in the entire game. it's not real flashy like other weapons, but it's very effective, & it's the only weapon in the game that can heal both you, & your team mates. Try to get this weapon, it will be your best friend once you master it.

Remember, defense is just as important as offense. Balance your guy, learn how, & when to block / evade. Strike when you have the advantage. You can get more xp from getting objectives, than you can by getting only kills. Try to get chest, bases, etc.

I hope this helps you.

Good luck, mortal.
Message 10 of 10 (161 Views)