Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: My ideas on balance.

Jan 15, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

Very nice suggestions, this is great. Smiley Happy

I have a question, however. I witnessed a friendly player grapple me, causing me to roll and heal slightly. How did my teammate do this? I've only seen it once, and it was during a 1v1 with an enemy player. He just came in, healed me with a grapple, and left. Was I imagining it..?

When you're about to be brutal killed a teammate can run in and save you.

I've tried it a bunch of times but I can't ever seem to do it.  

NO ONE is ever going to save someone from me.  Like... I do it so fast... like it's integrated into my combo like I know I'm oing to get them down to brutal kill mode.  Lol I love it.  

Message 51 of 70 (100 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 15, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

This is all I can think of at the moment...

As for a side note, a Damage Inflicted system should be implemented. Damage done on enemies should be put towards your score, and even more points if you also get the kill. This will help the frustration with stolen kills, because most of the points went to 'you' and very little points went towards the disrespectful teammate who got the ONE death dealing blow. This also helps the usefulness of distractions. When fighting 2 or more enemies, the lone player gains NO score even if they completely drained both of their health. This needs to be thought through.
     This type of score system has been mentioned by a few people on this Forum, and it is a brillant idea for God of War: Ascensions MP. If points are being rapidly accumulated due to this new Damage Inflicted score system, then it will result in VERY short matches. This can be solved by raising the Score Goal. Testing is obviously needed if this were to be to be added, so that lengthy or short matches can be avoided.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!!

I actually created a thread about kill stealing a while ago and it involved fixing a lot of teammates being disrespectful.

There was arguments like "oh I guess you don't want anyone to help you" or "you're just being selfish"

But my argument against that is... how does it make me selfish to want to keep the kill I worked my arse off for in a game all about killing and looking like a beast...but it's NOT selfish to want to run in and jack the kill, or not want to help a teammate unless you get a good reward for it?  

I mean, technically you are 'HELPING' your teammate...another word that goes well with the scenario is "ASSISTING" ... 

Message 52 of 70 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

d1v4d wrote:

This is all I can think of at the moment...

As for a side note, a Damage Inflicted system should be implemented. Damage done on enemies should be put towards your score, and even more points if you also get the kill. This will help the frustration with stolen kills, because most of the points went to 'you' and very little points went towards the disrespectful teammate who got the ONE death dealing blow. This also helps the usefulness of distractions. When fighting 2 or more enemies, the lone player gains NO score even if they completely drained both of their health. This needs to be thought through.
     This type of score system has been mentioned by a few people on this Forum, and it is a brillant idea for God of War: Ascensions MP. If points are being rapidly accumulated due to this new Damage Inflicted score system, then it will result in VERY short matches. This can be solved by raising the Score Goal. Testing is obviously needed if this were to be to be added, so that lengthy or short matches can be avoided.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!!

I actually created a thread about kill stealing a while ago and it involved fixing a lot of teammates being disrespectful.

There was arguments like "oh I guess you don't want anyone to help you" or "you're just being selfish"

But my argument against that is... how does it make me selfish to want to keep the kill I worked my arse off for in a game all about killing and looking like a beast...but it's NOT selfish to want to run in and jack the kill, or not want to help a teammate unless you get a good reward for it?  

I mean, technically you are 'HELPING' your teammate...another word that goes well with the scenario is "ASSISTING" ... 

The kill stealing is fine for me at TEAM FOTG, but it also can be donde during FFA, it's so annoying. You combo someone, get a nice kill then you brutal kill him and suddenly the other guy justa press L1+triangule and the kill is his...

Message 53 of 70 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

I'm not gonna quote, for the sake of a very long post.Smiley Very Happy  But I'll respond to @Goldhawk1 and @alacarpa

@Goldhawk1

I know what you mean! Whenever I see a teammate struggling, I'll help him/her get a few hits in, to the point where their health matches or maybe even giving my teammate the upper hand. What you and I are talking about are those last couple of hits that people just swoop in and take, resulting in THEIR kill. No, that doesn't make any sense; I worked my a** off for that, especially when facing multiple opponents.

@alacarpa

Oh man, don't get me started with FFA. I never even play FFA, but one of my buddies is quite interested in it. I honestly think FFA is better off with 3 people, not 4. It seems too clustered, on Hercules' map at least. Anyways, all one player has to do is run in, use Zeus' lovely ariel storm and that's it. Say goodbye to all your hard work. You gain, what? 200 - 300 points for an "assist"? Even though you did 95% of the damage? BS. 

I hope they implement some sort of damage based scoring, it'll really help out. 

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 54 of 70 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 16, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

I'm not gonna quote, for the sake of a very long post.Smiley Very Happy  But I'll respond to @Goldhawk1 and @alacarpa

@Goldhawk1

I know what you mean! Whenever I see a teammate struggling, I'll help him/her get a few hits in, to the point where their health matches or maybe even giving my teammate the upper hand. What you and I are talking about are those last couple of hits that people just swoop in and take, resulting in THEIR kill. No, that doesn't make any sense; I worked my a** off for that, especially when facing multiple opponents.

@alacarpa

Oh man, don't get me started with FFA. I never even play FFA, but one of my buddies is quite interested in it. I honestly think FFA is better off with 3 people, not 4. It seems too clustered, on Hercules' map at least. Anyways, all one player has to do is run in, use Zeus' lovely ariel storm and that's it. Say goodbye to all your hard work.

I hope they implement some sort of damage based scoring, it'll really help out. 

There aro not too many Zeus' at FFA, but when there are they actually are not a big deal. I know how to deal with magic or WW(world weapon) spammers.

Message 55 of 70 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 16, 2013

I know Zeus' storm can be dodged after it pulls you in (if you get the timing right). But all I've been seeing is the overuse of it. Maybe it's just my luck, not sure.

Message 56 of 70 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Jan 16, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

I know Zeus' storm can be dodged after it pulls you in (if you get the timing right). But all I've been seeing is the overuse of it. Maybe it's just my luck, not sure.

R2 is spammed by Zeus users because they have 3 relics that grant mana...

Message 57 of 70 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 16, 2013

FieryCaptain wrote:

d1v4d wrote:

R2 is spammed by Zeus users because they have 3 relics that grant mana...

Yes, I know they do. 

Message 58 of 70 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Another thing that needs to be looked into is ring outs.

I've said it before but now I know a bit more about it.

It seems when you get so close to a ledge that any form of attack will act as a huge knockback attack.

I was just in a match where I was taking on 2-4 guys in each fight, and I was fighting 2 guys at once and someone just walks up and pushes the kick button while I'm fighting someone and I just go flying off the map.

Ring outs should take more strategy and planning. It really seems that people just get insanely lucky...

You can fall through the very edge of the map and get ringed out. One time I was on the ledge and almost got ringed out...so my character stood up and when I stood up he just fell right off the map. Wth?

Whether it be just a simple square attack with a sword, a kick, demi god punch... etc... you just automatically fly off the map randomly and it shouldn't be that way. Ring outs should be a bit harder...maybe not super hard but come on... some of these ringouts are insane!

Also, not only are they super easy sometimes but items that make you go flying in a certain direction are broken. You'll move around objects and just fall off the map. Yesterday someone hit me with a hammer and I went FLYING across the bridge and into a wall...I SHOULD have hit the wall and stopped but NOPE, I fly AROUND the wall..like my character had to move to the left like a foot or more and then continued to fall into the abyss that surrounds the map.
Message 59 of 70 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:
Another thing that needs to be looked into is ring outs.

I've said it before but now I know a bit more about it.

It seems when you get so close to a ledge that any form of attack will act as a huge knockback attack.

I was just in a match where I was taking on 2-4 guys in each fight, and I was fighting 2 guys at once and someone just walks up and pushes the kick button while I'm fighting someone and I just go flying off the map.

Ring outs should take more strategy and planning. It really seems that people just get insanely lucky...

You can fall through the very edge of the map and get ringed out. One time I was on the ledge and almost got ringed out...so my character stood up and when I stood up he just fell right off the map. Wth?

Whether it be just a simple square attack with a sword, a kick, demi god punch... etc... you just automatically fly off the map randomly and it shouldn't be that way. Ring outs should be a bit harder...maybe not super hard but come on... some of these ringouts are insane!

Also, not only are they super easy sometimes but items that make you go flying in a certain direction are broken. You'll move around objects and just fall off the map. Yesterday someone hit me with a hammer and I went FLYING across the bridge and into a wall...I SHOULD have hit the wall and stopped but NOPE, I fly AROUND the wall..like my character had to move to the left like a foot or more and then continued to fall into the abyss that surrounds the map.

I, by FAR, have the worst luck when it comes to ring-outs. Multiple times, I've bounced 4 times, and then fall off. My angles are PERFECT. I'd hit a wall, hit another and go STRAIGHT into a gap. Lovely. 

But I agree, it's simple to pull off.

Message 60 of 70 (53 Views)
0 Likes