Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: My ideas on balance.

Jan 14, 2013
@Goldhawk (because quoting all that can be a pain on my phone)

I don't think Zeus' physical power should (or can) be nerfed more then it has been. Your BoA example is valid in some ways, but bear in mind not only is it only 60 phys power tops but also, situational. Nerfing Zeus' physical power based on what someone MAY equip is not unlike those stating "LOL just stack ele resist GG". Know what I mean?
The thing to remember is, if they revert Chance and Harmony, and lower the max radius on vacuum attacks, those frusterating 50% spike dmg magic nukes are going to be less common and more avoidable for an aware player. In that event, Zeus champs deserve some killability outside magic. When I play my Ares champ sometimes i can kill 2 players in an inferno leap and/or chain one into a grapple combo. Doesn't mean Ares needs an elemental dmg nerf. You see?

Message 41 of 70 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9819 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Viddik wrote:
@Goldhawk (because quoting all that can be a pain on my phone)

I don't think Zeus' physical power should (or can) be nerfed more then it has been. Your BoA example is valid in some ways, but bear in mind not only is it only 60 phys power tops but also, situational. Nerfing Zeus' physical power based on what someone MAY equip is not unlike those stating "LOL just stack ele resist GG". Know what I mean?
The thing to remember is, if they revert Chance and Harmony, and lower the max radius on vacuum attacks, those frusterating 50% spike dmg magic nukes are going to be less common and more avoidable for an aware player. In that event, Zeus champs deserve some killability outside magic. When I play my Ares champ sometimes i can kill 2 players in an inferno leap and/or chain one into a grapple combo. Doesn't mean Ares needs an elemental dmg nerf. You see?

Well, with just the BoA alone they get enough damage to put up a good fight against most Ares players.  Which reminds me, I feel Ares players are getting the short end of the stick with their armor and weapons.  Other gear has such low damage compared to Ares armor but yet it seems to do so much more damage.

Yesterday when I was fighting one of my clan mates they were using the cerberus blade.  At full health I jumped through the hyperion gate and landed on a "fire mine" took a couple hits and half my health was gone.  

This may or may not help the balance if Ares equipment was looked into.  full gladiator armor and weapons with much less damage than Ares seem to be a lot better off than a full set of ares armor and an ares weapon.  

I had on one piece of gladiator armor, and the BoA and had plenty of physical attack to kill anyone I needed to at the time being.  I was playing as Zeus and decided to switch back.  

Idk, I don't like the idea of Zeus having so many perks in battle.  Even if you tweak the relics a bit, and reduce the range of vacuums they still have an item that is OP (can teleport 5 times at least), they still have multiple 50% damage spells, 50% damage special on BoZ.  

Also, they can fortify their defenses better.  With 150 e. defense on my Ares it feels like I might as well have 25 e. defense.  But with Zeus, you can have great p. resist, great e. resist, great e. power and the BoA makes for great physical combat.  

Message 42 of 70 (118 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 14, 2013

We should have a heavy attack parry. Light parry could be L3 and heavy parry could be R3. With this in mind, you should be able to block special attacks (even the heavy), but not parry them (not even the light).

Players shouldnt be able to block/evade the last hit of a combo chain (square, square, square/triangle) unless its charged. Special attacks shouldnt have any delay between its activation and attack only if you use it in a combo chain (square,square, special attack).

When shocked, you shouldnt lose the ability to use your item. You already cant use magic, so taking items away is giving the enemy too much advantage.

There seems to be no reliable armor set for Ares players. The Sage Armor increases physical defense and magic attack (perfect for Zeus), but there is no armor set that increases magic defense AND physical attack.

Ares Inferno and Lightning Storm are similar but one is more effective then the other. Either Lightining Storm should give some indication of when it will launch so it can be avoided, or Ares Inferno shouldnt give the enemy indication of where the player chooses to land.

Message 43 of 70 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9819 posts

Jan 14, 2013

mrX705 wrote:

We should have a heavy attack parry. Light parry could be L3 and heavy parry could be R3. With this in mind, you should be able to block special attacks (even the heavy), but not parry them (not even the light).

Players shouldnt be able to block/evade the last hit of a combo chain (square, square, square/triangle) unless its charged. Special attacks shouldnt have any delay between its activation and attack only if you use it in a combo chain (square,square, special attack).

When shocked, you shouldnt lose the ability to use your item. You already cant use magic, so taking items away is giving the enemy too much advantage.

There seems to be no reliable armor set for Ares players. The Sage Armor increases physical defense and magic attack (perfect for Zeus), but there is no armor set that increases magic defense AND physical attack.

Ares Inferno and Lightning Storm are similar but one is more effective then the other. Either Lightining Storm should give some indication of when it will launch so it can be avoided, or Ares Inferno shouldnt give the enemy indication of where the player chooses to land.

Idk about heavy attacks but it is getting ridiculous.  People can avoid heavy attacks insanely easy and can parry light attacks with the flick of the wrist.  I have so many people not only parry after my second square attack but I've had people parry in between the first and second square attack!  

Fighting is so... pointless.  You can knock people off, grapple, set traps, use world weapons.  While regular attacks...regular combos are just so useless.  Parry, block, evade all ruin it.  If you end up landing a good combo people will use an item to escape and the health ones heal a lot now and the shield one punished the comboer.  Zeus can magic out of combos as well as item out.  I'm not just talking when you get launched I'm talking you can time it right so that in between shots you can activate magic so they're absolutely screwed.

But the thing is, Ares doesn't do well with E. Resist either...I had 150 on and I was barely taking any less damage than I was before.  With 150 e. resist Zeus BoZ hits 50% damage... Ares wouldn't benefit from damage/e. resist armor...not at all.  It makes Zeus so unfair because he actually he benefits from every set of armor, while Ares can only use a few specific sets.

Ares doesn't have a very good set for just physical attack or defense either, the gladiator set has like 20 less attack per piece...which is nothing... you can have on 2 gladiator pieces and have slightly less attack and so much more defense.  

Like I mentioned before Ares equipment just feels bleh at the moment.  Weapons with 50 damage feels like they hit the same as ares 100 damage weapons, and most have longer combo chains too.  

Message 44 of 70 (102 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 14, 2013

The game seems to favor Zeus players the most. I see 1 person use 3 magic attacks in a row on me, then if I run into 3 enemies on my own I cant do anything once they all cast their magic.

And their healing is more effective then Ares. When they heal from near death, not even a combo is enough to kill them, but if I heal near death I'll go down in two hits.

Message 45 of 70 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9819 posts

Jan 14, 2013
I know what you mean by that electric spam... was fighting 2 zeus players earlier today and one used a lightning storm, another used a lightning storm, the first guy used a lightning storm again. I come back after death and I"m hit with 2 lightning storms at once...
Message 46 of 70 (93 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Timed blocks would be nice too, just like in the regular games to break an attack with the golden fleece. I've tried to do that in the multiplayer and it's frustrating, as I've gotten used to using it in GOW. I have beat all 5 games so far in hardest modes but find this multiplayer game very frustrating at times. Also once someone starts on an attack streak on you L1 seems useless and all you can do is watch yourself die!...
Message 47 of 70 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Very nice suggestions, this is great. Smiley Happy

I have a question, however. I witnessed a friendly player grapple me, causing me to roll and heal slightly. How did my teammate do this? I've only seen it once, and it was during a 1v1 with an enemy player. He just came in, healed me with a grapple, and left. Was I imagining it..?

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 48 of 70 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 15, 2013

I've posted this numerous times, and it'll be my last. Sorry if it isn't necessary, but it includes some glitches (more or less)

Just trying to help Smiley Very Happy

- Lobby disbands even if 1 or 2 people are still trying to be "found" (This is annoying, since the game will just regroup everyone together again). The worst I've seen was the repeated regrouping of the same people, which happened 3 times. 1 or 2 people would be swapped with other players, which could've gotten a match going in a previous lobby.

- Armor sets have separate animations on the killed player as compared to the body when performing "Brutal Kills". The sleeves of the armor set will be up in the air, while the model's actual arms are lower and protruding out of the sleeves. Sometimes the upper armor DOES disappear, which I am not sure is supposed to happen or not (arm/leg/ armor also disappears SOMETIMES, along with the helmet on certain "Brutal Kill" animations).

DESERT OF LOST SOULS: The ledge on the Spike Trap (middle of the map, to the LEFT of the Health Vent) is glitched. When hanging off of it, players can only press "Triangle" to pull themselves up,  resulting in a power hit. "X" should be the button to pull yourself up. I've seen many players die because of this.

- Homerun Hammer (world weapon Hammer) can be spammed on an enemy player that is against a wall, and there is nothing they can do about it; resulting in death and cheapness. I guess this is more of a balance issue.

- As you mentioned, relics/items/magic continuously display a " ! " (exclamation mark) even when they've been looked at and cannot be upgraded due to character level/other scenarios.

- While in the "Champion" section, sometimes the currently equipped weapon will be placed on the characters back, which displays weird graphical bugs. The sword/hammer will shortly disappear afterwards.

- While fighting 2 enemies (even more, this is just an example), proceed to hit one enemy in the air while the other is on the ground. The "Grapple" notification will appear on the airborne player, but when pressing "R1" to grab the opponent, the chain will usually fly towards to grounded opponent. This results in lost opportunities and stuns, since you will be punished for attempting a "Grapple" on the grounded opponent. Make the game recognize the airborne opponent. Again, this isn't really a glitch, just a suggestion/logical fix.

- DESERT OF LOST SOULS: Within the bottom portion of the map, there are 4 ways to get to the upper portion.. The green chain grab, blue portal, and the 2 buildings on opposite ends which can be climbed. These 2 buildings NEED ATTENTION. They are a safe zone, especially when in the middle area of the wall. If an opponent is on the wall, they CANNOT be hit. Climbing the wall with them and then "hitting them" results in you falling, as well as the enemy, which is not very logical since the enemy is usually ABOVE you and had the head start. This is a very serious problem, as I've experienced Flag bearing players (Capture the Flag) waiting on these buildings and not moving until their Team's Flag has returned.  Allow players to punch/kick in the Up, Down, Right and Left directions so that this does not happen. This should result in the enemy falling to the ground. Too often, players will rapidly sprint to these walls. In the early process of climbing, maybe allow players to also "Grapple" (R1) enemies to prevent them from cowardly gaining invincibility while clinging onto these walls.

This is all I can think of at the moment...

As for a side note, a Damage Inflicted system should be implemented. Damage done on enemies should be put towards your score, and even more points if you also get the kill. This will help the frustration with stolen kills, because most of the points went to 'you' and very little points went towards the disrespectful teammate who got the ONE death dealing blow. This also helps the usefulness of distractions. When fighting 2 or more enemies, the lone player gains NO score even if they completely drained both of their health. This needs to be thought through.
     This type of score system has been mentioned by a few people on this Forum, and it is a brillant idea for God of War: Ascensions MP. If points are being rapidly accumulated due to this new Damage Inflicted score system, then it will result in VERY short matches. This can be solved by raising the Score Goal. Testing is obviously needed if this were to be to be added, so that lengthy or short matches can be avoided.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!!

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 49 of 70 (66 Views)
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 15, 2013

GOOD GOOD GOOD post above! Didn't  quote so the page doesn't get spammed with alphanumerics Smiley Tongue

I second every last word on the above post EXCEPT the hammer pick-up spam...It is escapable by many means though someone else mentioned lowering the world weapon spawn rate...which I also agree with.

Special kudos for the damage/points suggestion. Can't tell you how many times I go 2-5...but really I went 9-5 ifI got that last hit in. Rewarding us in SOME WAY is necessary...Twisted Metal has this system and *cough* Sony Santa Monica had a hand in THAT GAME so... *cough* Smiley Tongue

Message 50 of 70 (60 Views)