lol to Pride. Calm down there tough guy

Message 21 of 70 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: My ideas on balance.

Jan 13, 2013

Viddik wrote:
The only problem with that analogy is this is not a fighting game in the rigid sense. It's more akin to a rpg fighting game hybrid. The rpg element is the one having difficulty. Not the fighting game. After reset everything felt tight and perfect across the board because the rpg element was barely existent. I do agree with your general message though - which is that it's hard to ascertain tuning with two gods not present. I'm still utterly shocked by that course of action by the Devs, and can only assume (and hope) that some of the relics we're seeing on Zeus and Ares are actually poseidon and hades relics they are stealth testing. The problem remains though that there -is- a discrepency between the two gods. It wasn't always there - it happened last patch before the holidays. It wasn't major changes, but they added up to tip the scales. Something has to be done or Ares will be criminally underplayed in the final product. Because why play him if any other god is this vastly superior? As for Goldhawk's ideas, I think a few are too late in the cycle to be implemented (new animations for example) and others too convuluted. I think it's as simple as giving Ares a health on kill relic, magic that executes a tad faster and Zeus capping Lightning Storm vacuum range at rank 2 while remiving kills from the Chance relic and maxing Harmony relic at 5 chests. Boom. Done.

You make a lot of good points, but like I said earlier, I HIGHLY doubt they'd add only 2 characters in the beta and it just so happens that one character is the kyrptonite to the other...that would make ZERO sense for a beta. 

I agree with your relic/magic changes.  The vaccuum effect for when in the air should be looked at too because if you're in the air even a little bit you teleport to the center of the magic attack.  

But, I can't help feel that the character stats are unfair.  I mean, you equip a Zeus with BoA and he has enough physical damage to allow for good damage along with an insane amount of dribble time.  Most players will have skorpion armor, and that extra defense really helps negate Ares attacks.  Zeus should have very...very little offensive attack and less defense.  Maybe not very little defense but right now it's on par with a melee type class and it makes no sense.

Having low physical damage attacks as well as less damaging spells but more access to spells allows for more strategic gameplay and less abuse/exploit gameplay.  You could also add extra damage to your weapons with certain abilities by applying the magic bonus so it wouldn't seem like the only option for your character is to spam magic. 

The combat perks Zeus has now are ridiculous.  As Zeus you can have great physical prowess, great defense which puts ares to shame, have silence which negates your items and sometimes magic, have HUGE knock back abilities on both hammer and sword where ares only has it on his hammer, L1 + triangle for the blade of Zeus is monstrously OP...super fast, you can combo into it because of juggle, you can grapple, and does HUGE damage.  I have 150 elemental resistance on my Ares and I got hit with the entire attack and it took out HALF my health bar...half!  With 150 .e resistance!  Hell it probably would have taken out 75% if I hadn't had that on!  Plus Items that grant huge amount of health, or let you teleport up to 6 times before cooling down... ridiculous.  He has like EVERY perk in the game.  Sure Ares has strength, but what good is that when there's 100 ways to defeat it?  You can literally item out, magic out, dodge, block, parry... it's absurd.  Ares has no sure fire way to keep people in lockdown like Zeus does.  If someone tries to get away just vaccuum attack but it's not like they need it because any smart Zeus player will be able to do a small combo then lightning vaccuum for 1 hell of an easy kill.  

Also, it's probably too late to add in the cyclopse brutal kills but never say never.  If SSM cares even half as much as ND cares about their MP, we'll be able to see lots of changes.  Remember, once the game launches it's not like that's what we're sticking with.  

Message 22 of 70 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Wait, what about the dodge spamming and the current dodge, i-frames, and sprinting making it way too easy for players to escape? What about the grapple chain being way too short? I only read the first page, so sorry if you mention it later. Still, the dodge issues are more important than any other abuse imo.

Message 23 of 70 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1333 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

Hey...Hey Pride?...Pride!? do you...Do you see the 6 uhh..6 Kudos on this uhh..Thread here?!...people MUST like it...yea...*Slaps you in the face*..shame on you.
LOL

lawl.jpg

Message 24 of 70 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 13, 2013

RichYungThaBest wrote:

Wait, what about the dodge spamming and the current dodge, i-frames, and sprinting making it way too easy for players to escape? What about the grapple chain being way too short? I only read the first page, so sorry if you mention it later. Still, the dodge issues are more important than any other abuse imo.

lol honestly I can't comment on parry, evade or grapple because lag makes all of these features act really weird... I can't grapple when I should, I get grappled when I should be 100% safe but meh...I'd prefer not to comment on things when I don't know how they are supposed to work when no lag is involved. 

I mean it feels fine to me, most people don't spam evade against me and when they do it's grapple time.  

Message 25 of 70 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 13, 2013

metlgearsolid200 wrote:

Hey...Hey Pride?...Pride!? do you...Do you see the 6 uhh..6 Kudos on this uhh..Thread here?!...people MUST like it...yea...*Slaps you in the face*..shame on you.
LOL

Hey, it's girlfriend day, get gone.  

Message 26 of 70 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1333 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

Yo check out that guys Idea on top of the threads. that new gameMode.

Honor of the gods

lawl.jpg

Message 27 of 70 (137 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
415 posts

Jan 13, 2013

This is a great thread, acknowledged. PLEASE continue!

-Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Message 28 of 70 (126 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 13, 2013
goldhawk official, tank approved.
Message 29 of 70 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory