Wastelander
679 posts

Re: My ideas on balance.

Jan 13, 2013
Nice suggestions here Gold, hopefully they check these out!
Message 11 of 70 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Simply lower the respawn time on these puppies. There are a lot of them going around and I feel they should be something fought over rather than something handed out to everyone who spawns.

Ares -

As it stands, theres a lot of things about ares that simply just sucks. He has good attack power, but attacks can easily be avoided and countered.

Magic -

Level 1 Ares inferno moves super fast, but once you level it up it starts moving slower. I don't think people should be able to evade out of this attack, as it's insanely easy to evade out of. But if not, at least make it move as fast as the level 3 version does.

Fist of ares should ignite players with a DoT if around the area. Say you miss, but if you're still within a reasonable range of the attack it applies a flame DoT.

Demi god is pretty pathetic, what if you could use it as an enhancement to everything you have. Currently it just seems like you just melee people but everyone can run away. Why not let us grow and allow us to attack with stronger attacks, and applying a DoT to anyone we hit as well as people in the ring. If not, allow us to keep punching but when you push circle you lay down a HUGE flaming AoE on the ground, a huge circle will appear covering a large portion of the map you're on and while people are in it they will have a DoT applied to them and slow down as to let the user catch up and not just be a waste of magic every time.

Item -

An escape item would be nice, much like Zeus has. Maybe similar to Zeus's attack too but involve running away or pushing enemies away.

Honestly items are pretty fine.

Relics -

Here's where it gets tricky, you don't want it to be too strong but yet they currently don't seem to help much.

Relic of ares might, change it to health and strength upon kill.

Relic of mastery, change it so that once you get on a kill streak you gain strength for an extended period of time (not necessarily a short period) and with every successive kill streak (such as when you go from 3 kills to 5 kills without dying, much like Uncharted where you have 3, 5, 10, 15 and 20 as kill streaks) you plant a permanent golden crossed swords on your character that won't run out until death. The greater the kill streak, the stronger it is and will not run out due to time but rather reward ares players for doing well.

Relic of Brutality, strength on grappe, ring out, and large combos. Currently while this is a good relic it just doesn't seem to help all that often, and strength bonus seems low for as little as you get to use it.

relic of fortitude, same chance to get health, smaller chance to get strength, even smaller chance to get defense. If you gain health you CAN gain the other two as well, it's just a rare chance.

relic of sacrifice, heal over time that lasts quite a bit followed by increased defense would be nice.

Relic of fate should be like Zeus's relic where the whole team will get health with a few chests.

Zeus -

Zeus should be more of a crowd control/keep away style character. Currently they have insanely high damage in spells, and specials while having good defense and magic defense.

Zeus characters should be able to gain more elemental defense than physical defense. Much like Ares is vulnerable to magic, Zeus should be more vulnerable to melee but currently as it stands zeus can have good magic defense, regular defense, magic and attack.

What I suggest is lower Zeus's physical defense a bit as well as their physical attack. Turn their silence into a magic attack that covers the blade in lightning and adds a bit of magic damage to their attacks. Lower the damage on spells, but give them more access to magic, such as relics much like Ares relics will give them magic with certain actions, but since their magic is lower damaging it'll be better when they spam it rather than be able to kill armies with one attack. Also, lower the damage on the blade of Zeus's L1 + triangle, I accidentally got hit with all 3 attacks and it took out 50% of my health...FIFTY PERCENT... off of one attack that you can use whenever whereever and it has great cooldown... that's ridiculous. I have 150 magic defense too... imagine if I had only 10 like most Ares players?

Also, the Zeus teleport item needs to be nerfed. You can teleport like what 6 times? Before the item cools down? It should be maybe 3 times...MAYBE. It's not fair that every other item in the game just puts you back in the same spot but this item allows you to fly across the map super fast.

Grapple/hazzards -

As it stands, Zeus players can easily knock people off the map with magic and other attacks, do 25% damage on ground grapples, and 50% damage on map hazards. This should change. Zeus isn't about physical combat and ALL of the things I mentioned are based on physical attacks.

Something like the spiked wall in hercules forum probably won't change, but there's no way a magic based player should be able to deal that much damage on a grapple or wall grapple. I don't think it should be so easy to knock players off the map either. Lightning cone whether used as magic or by the hammer can send opponents flying just as far as the world weapon hammer.

No, Zeus players shouldn't feel like grapple is useless but there's no way the less physical class should deal the same damage as the burly brute force class

Weapons -

BoA - this weapon shouldn't be able to dribble as well as it does and the L1 + square has a huge range.

Minotaur hammer - seems to do more damage than Ares hammer though it has much less damage. Also, insane amount of combos... maybe ease up on the damage a bit if you're going to keep it as a combo machine.

Gladiator hammer - Lower the AoE on the triangle special

Some additional ideas for random stuff -

Brutal kills -

#1 - Use your weapon to sweep their legs. If it's a sword the legs come off, it it's a hammer they flatten and blood comes out. Slam the weapon into their head and while it's still in their head, raise your fist in the air and yell like you're taunting.

#2 - Punch your opponent and they start to crawl.

If hammer - smash the hammer into their back with the handle pointing vertically

If Sword - Stab it through their chest and into the ground

After that animation your warrior walks up and kicks the back of their head into the ground, picks up their weapon and holds it in the air and yells like the taunt.

#3 - Environmental based brutal kills.

Ledge - if by the map you will punch them and they'll fall off the ledge and hang by their hands. You'll then walk over slowly, lift up your leg or weapon and beat them off (giggidy) the map.

Spike trap - slam the opponent onto a spike trap, they'll start to crawl away and your character will just stand there menacingly looking at him. Suddenly the spikes come up and pierce him through the head (was invisioning a spike going through the character's mouth and up to the back of the head), pierce the body and limbs.

Fire trap - smack the player up into the air with your weapon, then as they're coming down place your weapon on their stomach and drive them down towards the trap and hold them down as the fire consumes them.

Polyphemous (by the hand [where flags/bases are]) - Player punches the player like they do with every other brutal kill and instead kicks them. The killer (person doing the brutal killing) will turn around and walk down the stairs of the platform eventually leaving sight of the camera. The person being killed will stand up, laugh or taunt (was picturing the person dying pointing and laughing) and then polyphemous's hand comes crashing down on them.

Polyphemous (if by Spear of Olympus spawn) - Same as by hand, player kicks them and walks off other player stands up confused and taunts then polyphemous comes down and eats the other player.

When by a ledge that is a drop down onto another portion of the map - knock the player down so that they are laying down on their back with their head laying over the edge.

If sword - cut the head off and show blood dripping down the edge.

If hammer - smash him in the head to break his neck.

#4 - Tag team kills

Would be cool if you could Hold R1 for a bit and it would show the opponent sitting there with the hook in him and the warrior pulling back on the chain as if to hold him back. For a bit, a team mate could come up and they could execute a team brutal kill after a while it would just execute a brutal kill.

Once again these suggestions are for your own personal gratification, and ego. you want items fixed, you Want the game to improve for you, and Don't you say other wise. I keep telling you hard-headed kids that your suggestions don't matter. they have to get approval for something like this its like voting for Obama, you can vote yes but your vote means nothing, congress will pick who's the best for the job. just because you come on here trying to be cute and make friends, doesn't mean your Opinion matters. I personally think everything is fine it's just cry baby Kids like you who want things changed so you have a better chance at winning. And if you got a problem with what I said call my cell phone. we'll talk it out.
What you think you know is Irrelevant..
Message 12 of 70 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jan 13, 2013

PrideTEvans wrote:
Simply lower the respawn time on these puppies. There are a lot of them going around and I feel they should be something fought over rather than something handed out to everyone who spawns.

Ares -

As it stands, theres a lot of things about ares that simply just sucks. He has good attack power, but attacks can easily be avoided and countered.

Magic -

Level 1 Ares inferno moves super fast, but once you level it up it starts moving slower. I don't think people should be able to evade out of this attack, as it's insanely easy to evade out of. But if not, at least make it move as fast as the level 3 version does.

Fist of ares should ignite players with a DoT if around the area. Say you miss, but if you're still within a reasonable range of the attack it applies a flame DoT.

Demi god is pretty pathetic, what if you could use it as an enhancement to everything you have. Currently it just seems like you just melee people but everyone can run away. Why not let us grow and allow us to attack with stronger attacks, and applying a DoT to anyone we hit as well as people in the ring. If not, allow us to keep punching but when you push circle you lay down a HUGE flaming AoE on the ground, a huge circle will appear covering a large portion of the map you're on and while people are in it they will have a DoT applied to them and slow down as to let the user catch up and not just be a waste of magic every time.

Item -

An escape item would be nice, much like Zeus has. Maybe similar to Zeus's attack too but involve running away or pushing enemies away.

Relics -

Here's where it gets tricky, you don't want it to be too strong but yet they currently don't seem to help much.

Relic of mastery, change it so that once you get on a kill streak you gain strength for an extended period of time (not necessarily a short period) and with every successive kill streak (such as when you go from 3 kills to 5 kills without dying, much like Uncharted where you have 3, 5, 10, 15 and 20 as kill streaks) you plant a permanent golden crossed swords on your character that won't run out until death. The greater the kill streak, the stronger it is and will not run out due to time but rather reward ares players for doing well.

Relic of Brutality, strength on grappe, ring out, and large combos. Currently while this is a good relic it just doesn't seem to help all that often, and strength bonus seems low for as little as you get to use it.

relic of fortitude, same chance to get health, smaller chance to get strength, even smaller chance to get defense. If you gain health you CAN gain the other two as well, it's just a rare chance.

relic of sacrifice, heal over time that lasts quite a bit followed by increased defense would be nice.

Relic of fate should be like Zeus's relic where the whole team will get health with a few chests.

Zeus -

Zeus should be more of a crowd control/keep away style character. Currently they have insanely high damage in spells, and specials while having good defense and magic defense.

Zeus characters should be able to gain more elemental defense than physical defense. Much like Ares is vulnerable to magic, Zeus should be more vulnerable to melee but currently as it stands zeus can have good magic defense, regular defense, magic and attack.

What I suggest is lower Zeus's physical defense a bit as well as their physical attack. Turn their silence into a magic attack that covers the blade in lightning and adds a bit of magic damage to their attacks. Lower the damage on spells, but give them more access to magic, such as relics much like Ares relics will give them magic with certain actions, but since their magic is lower damaging it'll be better when they spam it rather than be able to kill armies with one attack. Also, lower the damage on the blade of Zeus's L1 + triangle, I accidentally got hit with all 3 attacks and it took out 50% of my health...FIFTY PERCENT... off of one attack that you can use whenever whereever and it has great cooldown... that's ridiculous. I have 150 magic defense too... imagine if I had only 10 like most Ares players?

Also, the Zeus teleport item needs to be nerfed. You can teleport like what 6 times? Before the item cools down? It should be maybe 3 times...MAYBE. It's not fair that every other item in the game just puts you back in the same spot but this item allows you to fly across the map super fast.

Grapple/hazzards -

As it stands, Zeus players can easily knock people off the map with magic and other attacks, do 25% damage on ground grapples, and 50% damage on map hazards. This should change. Zeus isn't about physical combat and ALL of the things I mentioned are based on physical attacks.

Something like the spiked wall in hercules forum probably won't change, but there's no way a magic based player should be able to deal that much damage on a grapple or wall grapple. I don't think it should be so easy to knock players off the map either. Lightning cone whether used as magic or by the hammer can send opponents flying just as far as the world weapon hammer.

No, Zeus players shouldn't feel like grapple is useless but there's no way the less physical class should deal the same damage as the burly brute force class

Weapons -

BoA - this weapon shouldn't be able to dribble as well as it does and the L1 + square has a huge range.

Minotaur hammer - seems to do more damage than Ares hammer though it has much less damage. Also, insane amount of combos... maybe ease up on the damage a bit if you're going to keep it as a combo machine.

Brutal kills -

#1 - Use your weapon to sweep their legs. If it's a sword the legs come off, it it's a hammer they flatten and blood comes out. Slam the weapon into their head and while it's still in their head, raise your fist in the air and yell like you're taunting.

If hammer - smash the hammer into their back with the handle pointing vertically

After that animation your warrior walks up and kicks the back of their head into the ground, picks up their weapon and holds it in the air and yells like the taunt.

Ledge - if by the map you will punch them and they'll fall off the ledge and hang by their hands. You'll then walk over slowly, lift up your leg or weapon and beat them off (giggidy) the map.

Spike trap - slam the opponent onto a spike trap, they'll start to crawl away and your character will just stand there menacingly looking at him. Suddenly the spikes come up and pierce him through the head (was invisioning a spike going through the character's mouth and up to the back of the head), pierce the body and limbs.

Fire trap - smack the player up into the air with your weapon, then as they're coming down place your weapon on their stomach and drive them down towards the trap and hold them down as the fire consumes them.

Polyphemous (by the hand [where flags/bases are]) - Player punches the player like they do with every other brutal kill and instead kicks them. The killer (person doing the brutal killing) will turn around and walk down the stairs of the platform eventually leaving sight of the camera. The person being killed will stand up, laugh or taunt (was picturing the person dying pointing and laughing) and then polyphemous's hand comes crashing down on them.

Polyphemous (if by Spear of Olympus spawn) - Same as by hand, player kicks them and walks off other player stands up confused and taunts then polyphemous comes down and eats the other player.

When by a ledge that is a drop down onto another portion of the map - knock the player down so that they are laying down on their back with their head laying over the edge.

#4 - Tag team kills

Would be cool if you could Hold R1 for a bit and it would show the opponent sitting there with the hook in him and the warrior pulling back on the chain as if to hold him back. For a bit, a team mate could come up and they could execute a team brutal kill after a while it would just execute a brutal kill.

Once again these suggestions are for your own personal gratification, and ego. you want items fixed, you Want the game to improve for you, and Don't you say other wise. I keep telling you hard-headed kids that your suggestions don't matter. they have to get approval for something like this its like voting for Obama, you can vote yes but your vote means nothing, congress will pick who's the best for the job. just because you come on here trying to be cute and make friends, doesn't mean your Opinion matters. I personally think everything is fine it's just cry baby Kids like you who want things changed so you have a better chance at winning. And if you got a problem with what I said call my cell phone. we'll talk it out.

PrideTEvans wrote:

Ares -

Magic -

Item -

Relics -

Zeus -

Grapple/hazzards -

Weapons -

Brutal kills -

#4 - Tag team kills

do you not understand the purpose of a forumn? it's for people to share their ideas for updates and to improve the game therefore everthing anyone puts on these forums does matter since it gives the developers some insight to how the players feel about certain things. If you don't understand that then you shouldn't even be on here because according to your logic what you just said doesn't matter therefore no one should care what you say. so maybe you should take this into consideration before you act like a self righteous **bleep** who says that what people say on the forums doesn't matter.

- FallenAssassin_9
Message 13 of 70 (191 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9840 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Pride, just give up. No matter what you say your trolling antics won't get to me, just move on.

Yeah, posting ideas on how to balance the game is soooooo selfish..
Message 14 of 70 (190 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1323 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

Pride....Are you awake?! it seems MY words don't get threw that hard head of yours. How?....just HOW?! does THIS thread for his PERSONAL gratification?! do you not see how many people love this idea? it is for BALANCE. So do you LIKE to be right about everything even though it's not?

Does it make you feal REALY smart to leave comments that have truth in them but yet are not the truth when it is being said to the wrong person? Do you even READ the ENTIRE Idea? you just think that EVERYTHING we put out is for PERSONAL gain...

I would like for you to Explain to me...How in ANY WAY is this BALANCING idea for PERSONAL gain? THIS would help ALOT of people and the only people that would be against it are Zeus/Abuse Users.

lawl.jpg

Message 15 of 70 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 13, 2013
already said this a million times: don't nerf and balace relative to just one god. things that don't work against zeus might totally work against poseidon and hades and we don't know it yet, yet we hastily conclude that ares should be buffed relative to one god and one god alone.

that's like buffing Chun-li against Ken without having played Akuma and Ryu. it doesn't, wouldn't and shouldn't work that way.
Message 16 of 70 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9840 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Rumba_Lumba wrote:
already said this a million times: don't nerf and balace relative to just one god. things that don't work against zeus might totally work against poseidon and hades and we don't know it yet, yet we hastily conclude that ares should be buffed relative to one god and one god alone.

that's like buffing Chun-li against Ken without having played Akuma and Ryu. it doesn't, wouldn't and shouldn't work that way.

That's a silly way to look at it though.  They gave us these 2 gods for a reason.  They're both DDs and for specific damage types, and we know that Hades and poseidon will be physical/elemental tanks...

That being said the only "counter" to these would be poseidon for Ares and Hades for Zeus.  

But as it stands, Zeus has the advantage in every area.  I dare you to say differently.  As Zeus,  you can even have good defense,  and good magic defense and all of your damage dealing attacks will still be really powerful.  

As Zeus, you can survive in melee combat a long time...and as it stands people just use magic to abuse against good players.  Really?  You're going to be supportive of 50% damage attacks?  I even fitted my Ares to sacrifice 100 damage for 150 magic defense and THAT doesn't even help.  

At the very least, Zeus should be more prone to physical damage.  You equip any Zeus with a BoA and that low damage doesn't matter because you have long reach, fast attacks and can dribble forever.  It's insane that Ares has to take such a harsh punishment but Zeus can fortify all his defenses while dishing out 50% damage attacks.  

His magic is better, defense is better in most cases, magic defense is better, and if you put on the right sword physical damage is nigh identical.  

You can't honestly expect us to believe that with god armor identical to eachother (glass cannon) that Zeus should have all the advantages in combat but Ares gets nothing?  Ares gets stripped down to a plain old warrior?  

No man, that's asinine.  Ares counter should be Zeus, not Zeus and poseidon.  But even if there is a "checks and balance system" with the gods Zeus would probably provail over the other gods too, except maybe Hades.  

But there's no way...no way they could possibly put only 2 gods in the beta... and have one god be the counter to the other.  Not a chance dude.  What purpose would that even serve?  Everyone would just drift over (hell, everyone IS drifting over to zeus, I hardly see ares players) to the counter part.  That's illogical dude, especially when we have evidence to prove to the contrary.  

Message 17 of 70 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Hmmm idk much about balance but i know op. 4 vortexes 3 kills instant comeback in ffa. Its op. Your brutal kill ideas make me criinge with excitement when i picture it. For the demi god for ares would it be too much for damage reduction when you activate it because whats the point of using it if your just gonna get powned by lighting .

Kings are Made in WAR- Leader of Team Street Killas
http://www.youtube.com/user/kingParkerTSK
Message 18 of 70 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Rumba_Lumba wrote:

The only problem with that analogy is this is not a fighting game in the rigid sense. It's more akin to a rpg fighting game hybrid. The rpg element is the one having difficulty. Not the fighting game. After reset everything felt tight and perfect across the board because the rpg element was barely existent. I do agree with your general message though - which is that it's hard to ascertain tuning with two gods not present. I'm still utterly shocked by that course of action by the Devs, and can only assume (and hope) that some of the relics we're seeing on Zeus and Ares are actually poseidon and hades relics they are stealth testing. The problem remains though that there -is- a discrepency between the two gods. It wasn't always there - it happened last patch before the holidays. It wasn't major changes, but they added up to tip the scales. Something has to be done or Ares will be criminally underplayed in the final product. Because why play him if any other god is this vastly superior? As for Goldhawk's ideas, I think a few are too late in the cycle to be implemented (new animations for example) and others too convuluted. I think it's as simple as giving Ares a health on kill relic, magic that executes a tad faster and Zeus capping Lightning Storm vacuum range at rank 2 while remiving kills from the Chance relic and maxing Harmony relic at 5 chests. Boom. Done.
Message 19 of 70 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Jan 13, 2013

**bleep** it stop quoting people, I read it once I'll assume you're talking about the Original poster!

I'll agree with those Zues changes.  For a mage he's not really...magy.  He has the spells but works just as well in physical combat as Ares does, Ares has some interesting abilitites like his Demigod form, which'll help out in a huge Brawl, but it's not going to do anything once Zues powers up his Vortex or prepares that Electric Grenade.   Zues shouldn't be dealing so much physical damage, and really whats up with the Invincibility?

Invincibility is fine on someone who's quite easy to kill, give the guy 2 seconds to get away or prepare a spell.  But Zues is already able to take more of a beating than Ares, dish out more damage as Magic is suplemental instead of a trade off.  And still bring about some decent displacement tools?  Throwing me off the ledge with a long range sword slice ain't to bad, but it's an extra trick only he gots.

Zues has a bag of crazy Tricks while Ares has a few gimmicky moves, not that it's all bad.  It's just the beta, some numbers could fix it, or other items and maps might make it less ....crazy.

And **bleep**, when you jump with that Spear of Olymbus, and start throwing it.  You remove the weakness the spear has and replace it with the i'm up in the Air one shotting you lol guy.

Message 20 of 70 (144 Views)
0 Likes