Highlighted
Mar 15 2013
By: Dislon First Son 17 posts

My experience with Trial of the Gods... tips, issues, and fun times

[ Edited ]
17 replies 1803 views Edited Mar 15, 2013

So I have been playing a lot of Trial of the Gods... (actually only Trial of  the God with exception of 3 matches) and I got to say I love the match. I came up with some ideas of beating waves quickly and effeciently.

So the tips that have worked for me...

Knock the enemies off the cliff... Real simple to do with exception of the desert. In the Forum knocking the minions into the walls are very effective two quick kicks and they are dead. Just only to the walls if a clear shot to the instant kill traps wont be a one kick. It also saves a lot of time in the other map to just kick the Amazon, Siren and the captain goat (forget actual name) off the cliff. Amazon is real tricky cause sometimes it wont work same as the goat; however, the Siren as soon as she spawns aim for the cliff, if you dont get it the first time let her prepare for an attack then charge and shoulder block her. 2 seconds to get an addition 10-15 seconds... Also one more thing certain enemies like the manticore spawn cant be knocked back less you charge them or tether them...

Dont pick up items till they're needed... As it says you are just losing an item if you don't save it for the end level. In the desert pick up the item as your heading to your next area. In the other two areas I actually don't pick up the items till it's close to the end of the round. Example 1st round you get gold. Get 2 weapons for doing so. Do round two with out picking up the items till you know you're on the last enemy. Then pick up both kill the last enemy and if you get gold you now have 2 more weapons at your disposal. Making the next round a breeze.

Use a combo with your item especially on the bigger enemies... It makes better use of your weapon and allows more damage to be done while stunning the bigger monsters. I also believe (mostly when fighting the cyclops) that mounting them isn't as effiecent than just smashing them with the items. With a good enough team you wont need to... if you just keep doing combos with the items using abilities when you can you can kill the bigger monsters quickly. In some cases before the item is even out of time.

Make good use of your item... Real simple use combos with your items and use its special ability when your close to know longer having it.

Use your abilities to save yourself from damage... The enemies cant hurt you when your doing an ability which makes it very helpful to use it when they are doing attacks in general. Especially helpful against hercules, juggernaughts, and gorgons.

Talk to each other... If you can that is. Letting people know you have set traps and advice is a great way to learn the game.

Help each other... When your ally falls help them immediately. This seems like a no brainer but I have had plenty of experiences where I am left standing there and our timer runs out. On bigger enemies work together to keep them stunned so they cant do a thing. I'll update this as time comes...

Now the issues. I have noticed that knocking a maniticore spawn off a cliff using your tether attack does not grant you any time or exp. The Treasure of the gods offer nothing majority of the time. I don't know if its a % chance or not but opening more than a dozen of them makes it real annoying never getting anything. I have noticed on the desert that sometimes the round wont end when you can split up... I ran up and down my area and never found a monster yet it doesnt let me continue... I have noticed that you can knock a monster into your teammates area but other times theres been nothing. A lot of times you cant execute monsters that it wont let you even if the red halo is above them... Another time is that monsters seem invulnerable to anything. Sometimes tether attack doesnt work one point I was just floating in the air with my chain being very far away. Sometimes the monsters dont spawn or take 5-10 seconds to spawn. I have had matches where we killed the monsters and were standing around waiting for them to spawn waisting time. This is all I can remember for the time being... One thing I do wish is that when killing the bigger monster and doing the timed button press I wish that as soon as you click the last button it registers the kill. Not when the monster fades away... I have lost rounds because we got to the last animation of the monster and since it takes awhile the kill doesnt register and we lose...

Fun times... As mention I mostly have played the Trial of the
Gods and I enjoy it... Once when those issues are fixed I think I will enjoy it even more... If you guys want to leave more tips like setting the Amazon up for an easy knock off the cliff or other issues
you find go ahead and post it. Sorry for the very very long read but I think it could really help you guys having issues on the Trial of the Gods.

Addition tips from other warriors...
alsojames

In general:

It's often a good idea to kill the smaller enemies before dealing with bigger ones (this includes Juggernauts, Cyclopses and Satyr Captains).  The only exception to this is the Desert of Lost Souls, where you can't ring out smaller enemies.

If you have a disable ability, SPAM IT on bigger enemies.  ESPECIALLY the Poseidon freeze.

The Satyr Fiends' explosions do an assload of damage.  Kicking them away (even when you're right next to a wall) will give you time to dash away from the explosion radius.

On the Rotunda of Olympus map:

If you pick up the big hammer after Wave 1, USE IT TO KNOCK THE SIREN SYBLES OFF THE EDGE.  Those things are damage sponges and you'll waste a lot of time on them, but they can easily be ringed out with the hammer that spawns.

The Satyr Captain can be launched in the air.  Use this to you advantage!

On the Desert of Lost Souls map:

Don't waste time trying to ring enemies out unless you have a clear window.  You can waste a lot of time trying (and failing).

Starting on Wave 2, Wraiths will spawn.  Kill their Shadows first, they're weak.

The main Wraith can be pulled out of his little shadow thing.

Message 1 of 18 (1,803 Views)
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

Re: My experience with Trial of the Gods... tips, issues, and fun times

Mar 15, 2013
Some nice tips, but you might want to break up the wall of text, it's kinda hard to read and most people won't.
Message 2 of 18 (1,787 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Thanks Also need to add if anyone has questions on this let me know.

Message 3 of 18 (1,763 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
323 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Cool tips I found it easy to tackle enemies off in Olympus...still hate the fact big enemies take forever to die...or the timer keeps going even when the enemies are dead,especially after minigame killing them. Still great work dude.

Message 4 of 18 (1,590 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Understandable unfortunately I still haven't figured a quick way of dealing with the gorgons even with the items they dont go down quick and when 2 show up side by side its nearly impossible to deal with.

Message 5 of 18 (1,185 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Mar 15, 2013

I have noticed on the desert that sometimes the round wont end when you can split up... I ran up and down my area and never found a monster yet it doesnt let me continue..

Did you and your teammate split up?  It won't continue until you both finish the enemies in your respective areas.

A couple more tips, feel free to add them to the OP:

In general:

It's often a good idea to kill the smaller enemies before dealing with bigger ones (this includes Juggernauts, Cyclopses and Satyr Captains).  The only exception to this is the Desert of Lost Souls, where you can't ring out smaller enemies.

If you have a disable ability, SPAM IT on bigger enemies.  ESPECIALLY the Poseidon freeze.

The Satyr Fiends' explosions do an assload of damage.  Kicking them away (even when you're right next to a wall) will give you time to dash away from the explosion radius.

On the Rotunda of Olympus map:

If you pick up the big hammer after Wave 1, USE IT TO KNOCK THE SIREN SYBLES OFF THE EDGE.  Those things are damage sponges and you'll waste a lot of time on them, but they can easily be ringed out with the hammer that spawns.

The Satyr Captain can be launched in the air.  Use this to you advantage!

On the Desert of Lost Souls map:

Don't waste time trying to ring enemies out unless you have a clear window.  You can waste a lot of time trying (and failing).

Starting on Wave 2, Wraiths will spawn.  Kill their Shadows first, they're weak.

The main Wraith can be pulled out of his little shadow thing.

Message 6 of 18 (1,174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Good tips! And I have had situations on the desert that when we have split up I could continue even with out them. I'll add your tips as soon as I can.

Message 7 of 18 (1,166 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

All the trials are easy imo with the exception of "desert of lost souls"
Completed it yesterday thought, and recorded it Smiley Happy
I'm currently in the process of editing the video and rendering it.
It will be up on my youtube channel in an hour or so!
Will post a link to it when its done!

You can find my youtube channel here:
www.youtube.com/user/Crimson4649

--------------------------------EDIT-----------------------------

Here we go:
http://youtu.be/a6bKwQiORc4?hd=1

GLHF!

Message 8 of 18 (1,117 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Mar 16, 2013

Awesome video!

Message 9 of 18 (1,087 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

Mar 16, 2013
iv re-uploaded the video, this time with a lot better quality to it.
http://youtu.be/DnuiVu7TY6A?hd=1
Enjoy!
Message 10 of 18 (1,006 Views)
0 Likes