May 15 2013
By: Crackle2012 Uncharted Territory 1346 posts

More multiplayer freezing past 3 days

40 replies 549 views Edited May 15, 2013
Don't know why but my gow game has never frozen once during single player or multiplayer until the last 3 days (my disc doesn't have a peice of dust on it) it is only happening in multiplayer-- yesterday 3 out of 4 of us all froze and had to reboot our ps3 mid match-- it just now happened to me again in a MoC 4 player.. Happened one other time during being brutal killed-- what is causing these more frequent freezes almost all my friends are complaining of it as well?
Message 1 of 41 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Re: More multiplayer freezing past 3 days

May 15, 2013
Sorry to hear about that sir. Be careful with these freezes. They can corrupt your PS3's entire OS. SMS doesn't seem to give a d@mn about their game freezing players' systems. It is a widely known fact that the game will freeze, in the MP especially. So, make sure you restore your systems database if it's corrupted.

You can try deleting all the data of the game from your PS3 and reinstalling it see if that fixes anything. (You can save your game saves to a USB drive or to the cloud from PS+. And yes, your online profile will NOT be changed or reset. It's tied to your PSN account, so you're in the clear and have nothing to worry about.)

Hope it stops freezing or better yet, that they fix this KNOWN issue. Best of luck man.

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW
Message 2 of 41 (536 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 20, 2013

I have got nothing to add to your comment have exactly same problem

Message 3 of 41 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Jul 20, 2013

I lost count how many times I gotten frozens.

I wonder if getting frozen will mistaken as Ragequit by enemies?

Message 4 of 41 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Jul 21, 2013

yea i have issues with this now today i only managed to play one match one single match in an hour and a half

i think this game has jacked with my system to as my system freezes in other games as well which i had no previous issue with 

- CPT of the Lomabax Preatorian Guard

"don't forget to buy poison arrows in order to f**k you chair"- epic name bro
Message 5 of 41 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Jul 21, 2013
Im not sure who bumped this-- but i posted this in may-- this was around the level 40 patch/1.06 disaster--my freezes came to a screetching halt after i re installed 1.09
Message 6 of 41 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Jul 21, 2013

however its good that it was bumped if this is still an issue in the game and you posted this in MAY it shows the devs this is still a persistent long standin problem

not that itll do much good i suppose

- CPT of the Lomabax Preatorian Guard

"don't forget to buy poison arrows in order to f**k you chair"- epic name bro
Message 7 of 41 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Jul 21, 2013

It was caused by the update, somehow it causes ppls games to freeze up quite abit, which is really bad for your ps3. If you play a match and the game froze on you, it also froze on everyone(or atleast the ppl on your team, never asked the ppl on the other team if it also happened to them) who was playing with you. There could be something wrong with there servers that is causing this but i dont know, I just know this just happened after the update. God, why does there always have to be something wrong with an update Smiley Sad.

Message 8 of 41 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Jul 21, 2013

Crackle2012 wrote:
Im not sure who bumped this-- but i posted this in may-- this was around the level 40 patch/1.06 disaster--my freezes came to a screetching halt after i re installed 1.09

lol didnt notice this, well there is still freezing in the game lol.

Message 9 of 41 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
626 posts

Jul 21, 2013

Hmm I dont think my game has ever frozen in either sp or mp. All the people who are having constant freezing,what type of ps3 do you have? Fat/slim/new slimmer?

Maybe list your system and/or model numbers to see if there is certain models are being effected. 

Message 10 of 41 (371 Views)
0 Likes