Jan 11 2013
By: CrimsoHMD First Son 18 posts

Minotaur Hammer Combos

[ Edited ]
12 replies 1232 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

I've seen alot of post about how the sword has more combos and how you can juggle better with a sword... Well I'm here to shine so light on my Favorite hammer The Minotaur Hammer

Now as you may or may not know is that the hammers Heavy attack on ground and in the air is a stun that can either be cancelled into a light attack or any special or if your in the air can be cancelled with another heavy of your chocie setting up even more devstaing combos. in this case I will be talking about the Minotaur Hammer 

Here are some ways that the  Minotaur hammer can get damage off of some moves 

Air Δ, Δ (Hold), L1+Δ, Δ(Hold), Jump □ □, Grapple

Note: This is combo actually does 100% damage... You would be surprised how much priorty air Δ has

Δ, L1+□, □,  L1+Δ, Δ(Hold), Jump □ □, Grapple 

After parryed/countered  move: □,  L1+Δ, Δ(Hold), Jump □ □, Grapple

If their is an efficent way to combo into L1+□, that will help even more .

L1+□, □,  L1+Δ, Δ(Hold), Jump □ □, Grapple

I challange anyone to find a sword combos that does damage like these ones, and I hope you guys on the forum found this a bit useful  

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (1,232 Views)
Wastelander
849 posts

Re: Minotaur Hammer Combos

Jan 12, 2013

Those are some awesome combos! Did you figure them out yourself?

I want to go try them out!

Erebus..jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (1,196 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Thanks! and yes I did learn this myself... It just took some time for me to understand what I could do after my specials 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (1,191 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Jan 12, 2013
Oh, so you mean this one hammer that is clearly either bugged or OP...or both... is good at doing combos while the rest aren't?

Btw, most of these are possible with other hammers, most of these are very similar to ares hammer moves and while ares hammer is much stronger it dosen't do the same as the minotaur hammer.

Also, if square square R1 works in the air it's definitely bugged because I've tried square square R1 hundreds of times in the air and on the AI on the second square you knock them backwards insanely far and don't get to grapple, while if you do it to players on the first player you need to R1 right away or else they'll fall to the ground super fast.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (1,191 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

I haven't tried this in training. I only found them out in actual matches I don't like going to training because it doesn't help you understand you're attack limit if everytime the dummy gets into a juggle state it just goes right back to standing up again. Oh and about you being able to do this with other hammers I think the only other one that can do this is the ares But I'm not completly sure. Other hammers I'm pretty sure they can't. Strange you say they fal to the ground super fast... That may be my fault you're not supposed to jump... you have to hold Δ to auto jump and then maybe it will work but I' not a 100% sure... sorry for the miss inputs I'll edit them tell me if holding Δ works for you

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (1,188 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Well if near a wall, the  L1+□ with the sword can cause a wall bounce and extend your combos

something like this: http://youtu.be/tI8-6QyVcys

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (1,154 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Jan 12, 2013

oh and your nice hammer combo has a video too

NICE

http://youtu.be/rj97xGoW-2E

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (1,152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Hmm I see what I don't understand about that combo is how in the first few seconds he got so high without being launched. but the combo is similar I should've just looked at this video instead of trying to find stuff out

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (1,134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Minotaur hammer is the very most efficient comboable hammer there is right now, I already knew about one of the combos which sometimes gives i-frames, sometimes doesn't, other combos are new, Air /\ always seems to have priority even with sword for some reason, it's an easy set up, I've started using it to "fake" an attack so they either dodge or try to parry, I feel we knew need a Combo guide for weapons, especially swords, there's something about doing a combo with hammer that sword doesn't give me(even though better with sword than before PS+ beta for some reason now XD)

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (1,124 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Yeah I agree with you. I used the sword before but then got tired of it because It felt to basic for me so I switched to the hammer and know I feel like I'm a step ahead of who ever I face... it feels good man

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (1,121 Views)
0 Likes