Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 19 2013
By: SirCrush Wastelander 869 posts

Match begin/zipline spawns in Team Favor of the Gods

5 replies 90 views Edited Jan 19, 2013

I know it's a TEAM GAME and all but...I am not a huge fan of the spawn points. It's almost as if your role in a match is FORCED by where you spawn...if you get lucky enough to zip down to one of the top objectives, you'll almost ALWAYS score higher than someone who zips to the lower one.

I'd PERSONALLY prefer if the spawns didn't favor luck in that way...maybe have all ziplines lead to a neutral area? I have not seen other maps but if this one is a good indicator of what is to come, it's gonna siphon some of the fun for those of us who like to score highly, no matter our KDR.

I am not wording this properly.

I personally like to SEE my contribution to the cause in an objective-type game. As of now, I do not believe the scoreboard gives an accurate representation of that contribution. Rework the scoring system or change the initial spawn points...heck, even rewarding or even SHOWING damage will alleviate some of the disheartened feeling I get from spawning on the lower zipline. Food for thought, devs?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Re: Match begin/zipline spawns in Team Favor of the Gods

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

I already gave a partial opinion about the scoring chart in another thread, but I'd like to ask why you think the spawns should be changed. What would having them lead to a neutral area do, and where would this neutral area be? Are you requesting that the devs modify the Desert map or something?

It sounds like you're bothered that one of the players who spawn up top is guaranteed points due to an altar that is rarely contested at the beginning, whereas players on the bottom have to fight for the middle altar, which is generally the most contested and most difficult to claim individual points with.

Honestly, just stop worrying about the individual points. They mean nothing, and each match means nothing once it is over. I'd be fine with the devs removing them completely.

However, if you can think of a good way to keep individual score, I'd like to hear it, because I don't personally believe it's possible to measure a player's worth in these Team modes. There are too many abstract factors involved.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Why don't they just remove individual scores for all Team based modes (CTF, Team Favor), and just display your teams score? Kills don't show, deaths don't show etc. Was that suggested already? Does a K/D really harm people? I don't think many people want this to become another K/D based multiplayer. If so, then that's boring.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

ElementDuck wrote:

I already gave a partial opinion about the scoring chart in another thread, but I'd like to ask why you think the spawns should be changed. What would having them lead to a neutral area do, and where would this neutral area be? Are you requesting that the devs modify the Desert map or something?

It sounds like you're bothered that one of the players who spawn up top is guaranteed points due to an altar that is rarely contested at the beginning, whereas players on the bottom have to fight for the middle altar, which is generally the most contested and most difficult to claim individual points with.

Honestly, just stop worrying about the individual points. They mean nothing, and each match means nothing once it is over. I'd be fine with the devs removing them completely.

However, if you can think of a good way to keep individual score, I'd like to hear it, because I don't personally believe it's possible to measure a player's worth in these Team modes. There are too many abstract factors involved.

Yeah for every one of me there is one of you...which is fine. I guess this is more of a personal complaint. I am somewhat of a stats junkie so starting at a points disadvantage hurts that inborn competitive dude in me...aka my ego :smileytongue:

I actually DO force myself to "not worry about it" by saying to myself "well, I didn't score so well but I know my contribution to the cause was valuable." Just saying...it'd be nice to have even ground for all involved as opposed to an uphill battle for some.

As far as WHERE the neutral zone would be...I don't have the slightest idea...perhaps everyone spawns at an equal distance from the top 2 objective points? The bottom spawn would be left to fight over but at least everyone has an equal shot at scoring Favor to begin with.

EDIT: I don't mean this as a slight, ElementDuck...true, there are many abstract factors involved and this goes for ANY team mode in ANY MP game...but in every MP game I've played, the final stats are a MUCH better indicator of contributions. Again, some people don't care about those stats charts but I, personally, do. Nothin wrong with being a stats junkie imo!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 19, 2013
Well, I certainly know the feeling. I think this game is quite unique in that you can help in different ways, compared to most other MP games, many of which are shooters where having excellent aim is usually the greatest indicator of skill, regardless of game mode.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

Jan 19, 2013

I'm pretty sure two members of each team start at both the top and bottom starting points so that makes the start of each match fair. 

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (41 Views)
0 Likes