Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

Re: Manticore Armor

Jun 14, 2013

BIueSteel wrote:

kb4983 wrote:

Another thread about this!?!? Come on guys it's not even that difficult to get!

I am by no means a top tier player and yet the Manticore chest piece is one of the armors I got within the first month of playing!

If I can get it, everyone else on this board should've gotten it months ago.

Key word there 'should've'. If you're saying "another thread about this" then obviously you never read any of the other threads. I've said it once i'll say it again. Since buying this game in the first week of launch I've only been able to get into 21 CTF matches. 12 of those were queueing with overseas players just to get lobbies and post 1.07 that's now impossible to do. If you think I haven't been trying hard enough to find them I've played over 2600 games. CTF is a dead mode, it has nothing to do with the skill of the player, if you can't find the games in the first place you'll never get it. Also please if you're going to come back to this thread kb4983 and reply, don't say something like, "well I just found a lobby." Just because you can in your region doesn't mean you can in every region...

Well I just found a lobby.

Not really but I just had to say it after your rant! hehe Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 15 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Yeah I've only made it into a handful of CTF matches despite dozens of attempts, though few of those attempts have been recent. It'd be my least favorite mode anyway, even if it worked perfectly. I'm losing hope on getting the requirement changed, I think we've got a better chance of getting a reskinned DLC version at this point.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 12 of 15 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Jun 15, 2013

kb4983 wrote:

I am by no means a top tier player and yet the Manticore chest piece is one of the armors I got within the first month of playing!

Let me try to make this as clear as I can.  You got it within the first month ... when few people really knew what they were doing and CTF wasn't the item-abuse-cap spam that it is now.  Also, people were still playing it then.  The pool of CTF players (it would seem) has diminshed drastically.

I play during off peak hours usually.  I can tell you that there is almost nothing available at that time unless I want to sit 10 minutes just to try to farm an armor piece.  I do not.

You got it when it was "easy" to get.  It's a whole other story now.  I suppose it would be easier if I'd round up 3 other players and we'd go spam some items, but sadly it's just me trying to get it done by my lonesome.  People on my friends list either don't play Ascension, don't play during the hours I do or they have ZERO desire to ever play CTF again. 

I'm okay with never getting the manticore chest.  I didn't accomplish the goal.  But, as others have pointed out before, other armor requirements were adjusted - things that were and continue to be relatively easy to accomplish by comparison (Polyphemus kills for one).  So, is it unreasonable to ask for an adjustment to CTF / manticore requirements?  I don't think it is. 

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 13 of 15 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Jun 15, 2013

kb4983 wrote:

Even though I got the Manticore Armor the first week I played the game, Im just going to say that right now it seems completely impossible or atleast take forever. Cuz everytime I try to play the game the match-making takes forever or when I am in a game and one team gets a flag or 2 then ppl rage quit and then we lose connection with host. I have played ctf quite abit lately(mainly cuz I was trying to help someone get the armor) and we were not able to even play a whole match.

Message 14 of 15 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Jessie117 wrote:

kb4983 wrote:

Even though I got the Manticore Armor the first week I played the game, Im just going to say that right now it seems completely impossible or atleast take forever. Cuz everytime I try to play the game the match-making takes forever or when I am in a game and one team gets a flag or 2 then ppl rage quit and then we lose connection with host. I have played ctf quite abit lately(mainly cuz I was trying to help someone get the armor) and we were not able to even play a whole match.

Exactly and scenarios like this are the norm these days. 

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 15 of 15 (70 Views)
0 Likes