Jan 11 2013
By: Deasnutz879 First Son 4 posts

Magic, Items and Relics. And weapon levels.

6 replies 275 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

Coming from an RPG player background, I am big on leveling up and stat boosting with relics and such. I must say, Ascension is leaving me quite confused. While I'm loving the game play, once I'm at my character menu I am at a loss.

Magic, Items and Relics:

Why level them up? How do I even use them? Example: I know I use magic in the battles, but there are three magic options in the menus, and none of them describe what my player does on the field. How do I use these magics? There is nothing saying "This is your magic. for the next match" Items, same question (although I never use L2 in the battle). And how do I get relics to work? I'd like some guidance in the game (tutorial) but I guess I'll get it through here.

Weapons:

I'd also like to see how my weapons were boosted when I leveled them up. Is there a point to completely leveling them up? I'd be cool to do an Infinity Blade thing where you can combine maxed weapons with new weapons. 

Overall:

I'd just like more detail once I get into the menus. Something simple, so people who don't want the details can skip them, but people like me can really decide how to make their player work. I feel like there just needs to be a minor overhaul to make this more obvious for any user.

Message 1 of 7 (275 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Magic, Items and Relics. And weapon levels.

Jan 11, 2013

Also, I'd love to see a leaderboard (assuming this will come once out of BETA).

Message 2 of 7 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
9819 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Magic is R2 and you don't start out with any. The magic does kind of tell you what you're doing but getting tips online is probably better for you tahn testing out.

Item is L2, level it to get stronger.

Relic is a passive ability, level it to get stronger.

Weapons level up as you use them, and the stat gains aren't very high unless you're using god based gear...

It would help if they posted what you unlock under the armor description. So that you can properly plan out your armor and what not.
Message 3 of 7 (258 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 11, 2013
If I have unlocked all the items, how do I know which one I'm using when I press L2? Same with Magic and pressing R2. There is no "Equip" option in the menus. It would also be nice to see how much different weapons boosted as you level them.
Message 4 of 7 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9819 posts

Jan 11, 2013
You equip by pushing X and under your stats bar you'll see the symbol of the item you just equipped somewhere under there. Not very hard to get but it's understandable.
Message 5 of 7 (251 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 11, 2013
That's what I assumed, but I felt it wasn't very clear. "It's the tiny symbol under your stats bar" isn't enough for me. If anything is turning me off from this game, it's the halfway try to making RPG elements. The gameplay is great, finding your strategy is fun, but once you get in the menus I am not even remotely impressed (but there is so much potential). Hopefully they make it more user friendly in the final version.
Message 6 of 7 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9819 posts

Jan 11, 2013
well they made it a lot better looking than it was before...they might be able to do some remodeling. Currently it's not too hard but if you have a SD screen I can see how it'd be a pain.
Message 7 of 7 (233 Views)
0 Likes