Jan 16 2013
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 10160 posts

Lol just played the weirdest match...

9 replies 170 views Edited Jan 16, 2013

So the match starts out normal.  Teammates are slaughtering the enemy team so I decide to capture the bottom command post.  My teammate sets the trap and they leave as I wait for some mana to appear.

Guy comes down and runs onto spike trap but it doesn't activate...I attack him onto the spike trap and then it activates like right as I hit him and it says his teammate killed him, even though mine was the one that did.  

Then I go up to capture some more command posts via the health shortcut and I see this guy come at me on the spike trap and his teammate activates it.  The guy runs past the spike trap just about to attack me and then dies to the spike trap....even though it activated when he got past it and wasn't even near it. 

After that I go to capture the right command post and I'm holing R1 to take it over...and the cyclopse is just about to attack me... I let go of R1 and my character keeps filling up the post all on his own.  I start to panic a bit and flick the evade button and evade out of his attack taking no damage.  

After I take the hill I notice some enemies on the health fountain so I go and fight...and I use a L1 + triangle move to knock some around...then I notice that it wasn't on cooldown so I used it again.  By this time I had found out that I have infinite specials for like 10 seconds.  I went to combo a guy in the air only to have him stop in the air and use Ares hammer L1 + square IN THE AIR lol... so I bounce away and proceed to get a couple kills.  

I get the boots of Hermes and go back up to health fountain and see some more enemies on the spike trap.  I'm like "oh crap please no no no" and nothing happens.  One of my teammates set the trap and there was an enemy standing on it part way and I just evade past him and he ends up getting killed by the trap.

There's 2 more enemies on this part of the map so I push O to stomp my foot on the ground and lift them up so I can get a launch + grapple...instead the guy goes FLYING off the map, and I push R1 after it anyway... well the R1 missed but about a second later my character starts acting like he grappled the guy but is doing it to the air instead.  Another guy comes up and I stomp + grapple + ring out and the guy I had JUST KILLED respawned a little ways away and he walked up and I ringed him out the same way too.  

Towards the end of the match my teammate and I were beating the crap out of this guy and he just stands there.  He's taking no damage or anything and my teammate and I are beating the ever loving crap out of him and he just leaves the game, probably lagged out.  

THEN when we're killing the cyclopse there's the really low res fire from the hammer on my back even though it doesn't show the hammer. 

Weird.

Also, DO NOT EVER grapple anyone while you're in the air and over a pit.  It was so funny I did it to this guy when we were both in the air and you know when you're both on the ground and you pick them up, slam them down and kick them?  Well I did that animation...and we both feel straight down into the pit and I got a kill and a suicide.  

Message 1 of 10 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Re: Lol just played the weirdest match...

Jan 16, 2013

Haha sounds like a LLAGGY match...those are allways good for a few WTFs Smiley Tongue

I've done the murder suicide grapple with a GROUND grapple and even did one where I grappled, and died leaving my target standing there for a few seconds till he realized he was still alive.

Another fun one I've come across is the guy who kicks me...mind you he begann the kick from OUT OF MY SCREEN, teleported, then I went flying like I was hit by a hammer pick-up, ring out, angry Crush...well, not angry, I luaghed pretty good but it still sucked Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 10 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Har har. Just came from a match where the Cyclops kill was given to the wrong team again. They ended up with 8875 points!

The match was pretty laggy to begin with; don't really know what to think.

Had another match earlier where the hammer toss was instant killing me. Two times I had over 75% health when a hammer toss turned me to ash. No brutal kill or stunning, just disappeared. Oh, well.
Message 3 of 10 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Jan 17, 2013

If the game picks a host with insufficient bandwidth and or is so out of region the game plays like garbage, as is expected Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Yeah, idk what's going on most of the time haha. From battle to battle idk what to expect and sometimes it's pretty funny.
Message 5 of 10 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:
Yeah, idk what's going on most of the time haha. From battle to battle idk what to expect and sometimes it's pretty funny.

The games we've both been in, were they funky like you describe?

Message 6 of 10 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 17, 2013

FieryCaptain wrote:

If the game picks a host with insufficient bandwidth and or is so out of region the game plays like garbage, as is expected Smiley Happy

It is expected, but at the moment it's kind of the "norm" now.  Getting kind of silly but this isn't a place for talk like that, this is about the "LULZ"

Message 7 of 10 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

FieryCaptain wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Dude, like 99% of my games are loopy.  I can rarely get into a fight anymore tbh, because I have no idea if my attacks will do proper damage, or even if they will do damage period.  

The match I quit last time we played was all over the place for me.  I'd push L1 + triangle and it'd do no damage or not launch people.  Hell, once it even said I didn't use the move and used it again.  Flame fist wouldn't work, I'd hit people and they'd be effeted but take absolutley no damage.

Then when you grappled me I was like "yeah...I'm done"  I was like GONE, I was so far away and I wasn't even evading anymore.  I took a few steps then suddenly outa NOWHERE your hook covers like the whole entire screen lol...you weren't even on my screen but your hook shot all the way across the map it looked so crazy and you grabbed me and I knew right then and there that even if I stayed all I was doing was helping other people level up and wouldn't be able to enjoy the match any further. 

Edit:

I never leave a match when I'm getting my **bleep** straight up kicked.  That only encourages me to stay and do better.  But when someone does impossible stuff like hit me when I should have I-frames and then said hit takes out like 25%+ health...it's just...a turn off.  

Message 8 of 10 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Jan 17, 2013

After reading this, I thought "whatever...", while I laughed. xD

It's indeed a laggy match, and most likely from the host. It happened to me for a bit, and then, I got the force disconnection from the main PC.

I hope they fix the connection peer for the final game, so that nobody will run into this lag.

Message 9 of 10 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

FieryCaptain wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Then when you grappled me I was like "yeah...I'm done"  I was like GONE, I was so far away and I wasn't even evading anymore.  I took a few steps then suddenly outa NOWHERE your hook covers like the whole entire screen lol...you weren't even on my screen but your hook shot all the way across the map it looked so crazy and you grabbed me and I knew right then and there that even if I stayed all I was doing was helping other people level up and wouldn't be able to enjoy the match any further. 

That match actually probably broke a grapple record. It was indeed at least 1.5 screens away when I hooked you...

longest R1 YET!!! I can imagine why you left.

Message 10 of 10 (87 Views)
0 Likes