Reply
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: Lets talk kill stealing

Dec 24, 2012

NWI_AZTEC wrote:

To be honest, I've probably had as many kills stolen from me as I've stolen from others. It evens out. It's a team match, isn't winning the goal, not killing? Sure I know killing gets points but does it matter who gets them? This is why I play Battlefield and not Call of Duty.


Because it's not fun.  Not even a little bit.  I mean I under stand coming and someone saving me but there's a HUGE difference in saving someone and being a **bleep** because you want the extra EXP for your various levels.

 

When I'm sitting here trying to do my part... when I'm trying to increase my skills and what have you and I'm in a huge battle with someone and then finally get to the end point and someone just comes along and gets lucky and steals the kill...it's not fun and it's rage inducing.  

 

Yeah, it goes to the same place...but that's like me taking all your exp boxes and activating traps so you can't get items or take bases.  I mean, we don't lose points for it... they don't gain points for it why can't I just kill you repeatedly?  

Message 11 of 29 (142 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/19/2012
Offline
25 posts
 

Re: Lets talk kill stealing

Dec 24, 2012

I guess I don't see it as stealing. I see it as a teamwork. Pretty sure soldiers in The Stan aren't griping about kill steals. I think they got it right with the brutal kill arc. I've seen players come back and go on a kill streak from the stunned positions so I don't care how they die, as long as they do in fact die.

Message 12 of 29 (140 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: Lets talk kill stealing

Dec 24, 2012

NWI_AZTEC wrote:

I guess I don't see it as stealing. I see it as a teamwork. Pretty sure soldiers in The Stan aren't griping about kill steals. I think they got it right with the brutal kill arc. I've seen players come back and go on a kill streak from the stunned positions so I don't care how they die, as long as they do in fact die.


Yeah, but the difference is this is a fighting game and that's not even remotely relatable to the situation.

 

Like I said, if it's alright to kill steal the way people do then there shouldn't be a problem with me taking chests before you get them, and team killing you for points.  

 

Kill stealing isn't fun.  Just because you rely on others to help you kill doesn't mean we all want people to just come in and steal a kill.  

Message 13 of 29 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/19/2012
Offline
25 posts
 

Re: Lets talk kill stealing

Dec 24, 2012

If you don't want people stealing kills then get better. If I was working a guy over and he then parries my attack and starts working me over I'd be fine with an assist. My view is that if he has red over his head he must die by any means necessary.

Message 14 of 29 (132 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: Lets talk kill stealing

Dec 24, 2012

NWI_AZTEC wrote:

If you don't want people stealing kills then get better. If I was working a guy over and he then parries my attack and starts working me over I'd be fine with an assist. My view is that if he has red over his head he must die by any means necessary.


It has nothing to do with "how good you are."  Have you gone 24-0?  My average match is 6+ kills, 3 or less deaths, can you say the same?  It has NOTHING to do with getting better.  It has to do with team mates ruining fun and my chance to level up gear or myself.  

 

How could I possibly "get better" when I combo someone into the air, tail them, attack them and then RIGHT BEFORE I'm about to grapple them for a sweet finisher, my team mate comes along and hooks him out of the air...out of my grasp and into his to get the kill.  In what twisted fantasy could one "get better" at that?  In what dimented vision do you see anyone doing even one thing differently to make that situation fair?

 

My point stands.  I should just be able to go around team killing because it serves no negative aspects to the game at all.  So team killing is perfectly fine... killing them with spikes and setting them on fire...perfectly fine.  

Message 15 of 29 (129 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/02/2012
Offline
190 posts
 

Re: Lets talk kill stealing

Dec 24, 2012

I don't see anything wrong with the way kills are counted either. In a team game your team gets the points weather you killed an opponent or a teammate killed an opponent. Kills are worth the same as opening 2 red chests, and caring whos column the kill goes in is all ego and epeen. Trust me, people bragging about 20+ kills in a game didn't do half that work on their own.

 

If someone is upset because they're missing out on a little xp from bonuses or xp for gear then maybe that is something that needs to be adjusted to give more xp credit to an assisting players. Giving someone a kill for not killing someone doesn't make sense. It would just be confusing if I performed a brutal kill on someone and then the battle feed said someone else killed them and the kill gets recorded in a teammates kill column. What would be my motivation to kill anyone under 50% health. 

 

In a free for all game it should honestly be anything goes. I don't even like that the change they made to the red halo is in this game mode.

 

 

 

 

Message 16 of 29 (124 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: Lets talk kill stealing

Dec 24, 2012

I_Ceases_I wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with the way kills are counted either. In a team game your team gets the points weather you killed an opponent or a teammate killed an opponent. Kills are worth the same as opening 2 red chests, and caring whos column the kill goes in is all ego and epeen. Trust me, people bragging about 20+ kills in a game didn't do half that work on their own.

 

If someone is upset because they're missing out on a little xp from bonuses or xp for gear then maybe that is something that needs to be adjusted to give more xp credit to an assisting players. Giving someone a kill for not killing someone doesn't make sense. It would just be confusing if I performed a brutal kill on someone and then the battle feed said someone else killed them and the kill gets recorded in a teammates kill column. What would be my motivation to kill anyone under 50% health. 

 

In a free for all game it should honestly be anything goes. I don't even like that the change they made to the red halo is in this game mode.

 

 

 

 


What if I need more health?  Killing people gives me health and strength.  Not only that, it's not FUN.  I'm sitting here sacrificing my own time and putting my all into a fight and someone just comes along and takes my kill when they could be taking a point or grabbing a few chests... Oh, and just because I got 24 kills in one match doesn't mean I just went around kill stealing, why on earth would I even ask for a fix to kill stealing if I was one of the people doing it?  C'mon now.  

 

Of course I want my stats to look better, who doesn't?  It's not the least bit fair when people are walking around taking your kills for free.  Like I said, it ruins the fun.

 

With this logic you both are using though, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with team killing either.  As in, I can just keep team killing people for things that I want.  You shouldn't be that selfish.  I want these things to help me help the team and you want to take them to make yourself look better... so I'll just team kill you to take your kills, your points and your weapons.  

Message 17 of 29 (120 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/19/2012
Offline
25 posts
 

Re: Lets talk kill stealing

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

When when mics are able to be used you can yell at your teammates. I guess I'm used to the BF3 scoring system. As far as the match scores go, taking and holding objectives ends a match faster than killing. As far as kill credit goesIf I do 99 damage to them, I get 99 xp and the person with the kill gets 100. I wouldn't gripe about getting 1 xp less for most of the work.

 

How could that maybe translate here? Perhaps for scoring favor, maybe only altars and chests would count for the team score... and naturally killing Poly. Kills and assists would be for individual xp. Also you'd get as much xp for an assist as you did damage to an enemy. Say you get one hit for maybe 20 damage, you get  20xp. You get the final blow you get 100xp plus a bonus if it's a brutal kill. Also perhaps xp for healing/using team relic. Granted the system for ranking up, armor, and weapons would need to be adjusted for more ways to earn xp.

Message 18 of 29 (118 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: Lets talk kill stealing

Dec 24, 2012

NWI_AZTEC wrote:

When when mics are able to be used you can yell at your teammates. I guess I'm used to the BF3 scoring system. As far as the match scores go, taking and holding objectives ends a match faster than killing. As far as kill credit goesIf I do 99 damage to them, I get 99 xp and the person with the kill gets 100. I wouldn't gripe about getting 1 xp less for most of the work.

 

How could that maybe translate here? Perhaps for scoring favor, maybe only altars and chests would count for the team score... and naturally killing Poly. Kills and assists would be for individual xp. Also you'd get as much xp for an assist as you did damage to an enemy. Say you get one hit for maybe 20 damage, you get  20xp. You get the final blow you get 100xp plus a bonus if it's a brutal kill. Also perhaps xp for healing/using team relic. Granted the system for ranking up, armor, and weapons would need to be adjusted for more ways to earn xp.


I understand about BF 3.  IDGAF about who gets the kill in BF 3 either.  But I play god of war to kill.  The objectives I don't really care about..yeah I go after them but I'm playing god of war to kill...to brutally massacre people.  If I'm fighting people yeah I'd love some support, but I don't want you to blatantly run up and steal my kill like you don't give a **bleep** about me or anything like that.  

 

Like in FFA, I stopped playing that as much because I got put into one FFA where there were 3 of us, and I'd go to attack one guy and when his health would be low, the other guy would knock me away and take the kill... so goddamn annoying.  

 

When I think of god of war, I think of how much I want to slay and show my combat prowess, I don't think of "man I love getting objectives"  yeah they're important, but for the most part I feel this is a fighting game and while I do appreciate support, when I'm like 1-1 I don't want people activating traps on me, stealing kills or w/e have you.  

 

When I'm like...10-1, 9-2 I don't care if you steal a kill from me.  I mean yeah it sucks when you can just come up and snatch it outa nowhere but it just doesn't feel "just" to me.  It doesn't feel fair and it blows so hardcore when I'm killing the holy hell out of some dude and my team mate comes along and says "no...no no no dude this...this right here, is mine and I found it"

Message 19 of 29 (109 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/02/2012
Offline
190 posts
 

Re: Lets talk kill stealing

Dec 24, 2012

Your entire suggestion is based on being selfish. I don't really see how other people seeing "kill stealing" as teamwork in a team game is selfish. When people kill someone that I've been attacking it doesn't change the amount of fun im having at all. "Not having Fun" is subjective.

 

I've had plenty of matches were ive gotten lots of kills and didn't die. All of my kills didn't come from full health players. I'm sorry that you're finding people that don't agree with your position on kills. 

 

I think a change to assist XP would be way easier than what you're suggesting.

 

 

Message 20 of 29 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes