Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
25 posts

Re: Lets talk kill stealing

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

The only tweak I could mybe see is making it so that you cannot not take damage from a second player while the first is still attacking you. The only way the second player could hurt you would be if you parried the firsts attacks or used an L1+Δ escape... or successfully evaded. Granted there would need to be a small cooldown of say .5 secs before second player could engage... and also of course tweaking the assist xp.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 29 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9633 posts

Dec 24, 2012
I think that's in effect actually, because when 3 people are smashing a dude all at once, he seems to have more health than he would if just one was attacking.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 29 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9633 posts

Dec 24, 2012

I_Ceases_I wrote:

Your entire suggestion is based on being selfish. I don't really see how other people seeing "kill stealing" as teamwork in a team game is selfish. When people kill someone that I've been attacking it doesn't change the amount of fun im having at all. "Not having Fun" is subjective.

I've had plenty of matches were ive gotten lots of kills and didn't die. All of my kills didn't come from full health players. I'm sorry that you're finding people that don't agree with your position on kills. 

I think a change to assist XP would be way easier than what you're suggesting.

Well like I said, team killing isn't bad either then.  

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 29 (99 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 24, 2012

instead of just giving both player the same points the points should be awarded to the person who had the first hit and the other person should get the asisst points i see exactly what you are saying i could have leveled up so far by now if i could have gotten credit for all my kills that is a big disappointment but it is also part of gaming and you have to have someone to yell at i mean where would we be without games especially mp games if i get stressed or frustrated i play and i yell at the other guys you do i do it everyone does so if we take out every nook and cranny that makes us made then we would have a lot of therapy sessions to pay for lol this is my psych

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 29 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Jan 1, 2013
No offense Goldhawk, but if you are going 24-0 in a match most of the time, I think your teammates would be lucky to get a kill-steal off of you lol.
Erebus..jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 29 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9633 posts

Jan 1, 2013

disturbeddude101 wrote:
No offense Goldhawk, but if you are going 24-0 in a match most of the time, I think your teammates would be lucky to get a kill-steal off of you lol.

It was just once, I do get good scores all the time but this doesn't just apply to the team side of the game.  It happens in FFA too.

I witnessed my cousin play this game and get 2 guys down to barely any health at all and a zeus player comes in and kills both of them with a magic attack then finishes my cousin off with an item... wasn't fair even in the least bit. 

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 29 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Jan 1, 2013

I like both sides of the discussion and I am glad it is being discussed but im going to lean towards the stop kill stealing all together idea. I personally dont have a problem with it ( in the team mode) but I understand who would and why. I cant stand it in the free for all mode.  That is just frustrating. I would be tearing through two people just to have a guy kick me in some spikes just long enough to finish my work. Of course I would be furious and after breaking free his life would be short lived but i am still jipped ( for lack of a better word) out of 2 kills. Something needs to be done in that regard.

Kings are Made in WAR- Leader of Team Street Killas
http://www.youtube.com/user/kingParkerTSK
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 29 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9633 posts

Jan 1, 2013

KING_PARKER_TSK wrote:

I like both sides of the discussion and I am glad it is being discussed but im going to lean towards the stop kill stealing all together idea. I personally dont have a problem with it ( in the team mode) but I understand who would and why. I cant stand it in the free for all mode.  That is just frustrating. I would be tearing through two people just to have a guy kick me in some spikes just long enough to finish my work. Of course I would be furious and after breaking free his life would be short lived but i am still jipped ( for lack of a better word) out of 2 kills. Something needs to be done in that regard.

Well, the thing about the other side is...they say it's selfish because I want the kill but isn't it selfish that they'd only help their teammate if they could get something out of it?

Not only that but, yes I am a huge competitive player.  I do look at my stats with pride.  Take Uncharted 3 for example... I started out with a 1.6 KDR.  Worked my butt off and got it up to a 3.3.  When I cap in this game...which will probably be a month or less after launch I'll be working on getting better and better at the game and what I don't want is players coming up and snatching kills all the time.  

Sure it doesn't happen every kill, but it's not like there are people who don't constantly try to.  What if someone on your team hates you for something you did in a past match and continues running around with a WW to steal your kills?  

This method is supposed to punish the people abusing the kill stealing system, not punish the people who are just trying to help.  I mean, if you're willing to "help" then you should be fine with the "assist" which is the same as helping.  You shouldn't get a "kill" for "helping" or as some would call it..."assisting"  

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 29 (63 Views)
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Jan 2, 2013

Yea I agree with what you are saying I also take pride in my stats but to a certain degree. I am a objective type player in every shooter or competetive type multiplayer. If the objective is to kill then kill.If not then do what the objective asks. I take pride in trying to do the objective as best as possible and i can see how kill stealing would cause a lot of problems if that is the objective.  I say go with your 1st suggestion with the percentages and see how it goes if possible. It looks like a pretty good solution and very well thought out.

Kings are Made in WAR- Leader of Team Street Killas
http://www.youtube.com/user/kingParkerTSK
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 29 (57 Views)
0 Likes