Splicer
58 posts

Re: Legendary Armor Idea.

Jan 11, 2013

I would make it a bit harder to unlock it. Maybe something like those stats for each piece. Or maybe thats what yu meant. But each piece could have special stats so as yu unlock more i would make it harder to get the remainder of pieces if make it to easy eveyone will just be running around in no time in  the armor. Just my thoughts

Erik

Message 51 of 61 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 11, 2013

EDawg24 wrote:

I would make it a bit harder to unlock it. Maybe something like those stats for each piece. Or maybe thats what yu meant. But each piece could have special stats so as yu unlock more i would make it harder to get the remainder of pieces if make it to easy eveyone will just be running around in no time in  the armor. Just my thoughts

Erik

Well, the first goal would be to get to the max rank, then complete each of these.  I never put it in the OP but like I said to someone else, this wouldn't be for a full set and/or weapons, this would be per piece. 

Message 52 of 61 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Jan 11, 2013

So piece by piece. I guess these requirements are just guidelines? Because we wont knoe if these objectives will be easily accomplishable around end game or not due to the fact ya know since we dont have the game. I also don't want them to be too difficult/ too time consuming. Something like the right balance. Not unreachable but still tough enough to be proud of  your hard work.

Kings are Made in WAR- Leader of Team Street Killas
http://www.youtube.com/user/kingParkerTSK
Message 53 of 61 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Yes piece by piece. And I know these will be hard to accomplish, 100 wins? I doubt we have that much in the beta so far since playing on december 14th. Of course it can be changed at any date...doesn't have to be EXACTLY this.

The point is for them to be difficult and time consuming. No, not like months and months but a good amount of time for the reward you're getting. Just something to work towards ever so slightly.
Message 54 of 61 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

you punks are talking about this **bleep** as if it's already implemented, it's a wet dream kiddies. As I keep saying, you're not the coders, you're not the Developers. they are not going to do something just because you suggest it, these people are pure professionals if they wanted to Implement something like that it would be done in less then 3 hours. you guys are in a fantasy. Period.

edit: profanity

What you think you know is Irrelevant..
Message 55 of 61 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Lol this is great

Message 56 of 61 (124 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Lets keep it civil please and try and avoid a flame war guys. Thanks :-)

Message 57 of 61 (116 Views)
Wastelander
859 posts

Jan 11, 2013

^ Is this that pride guy again?

Erebus..jpg
Message 58 of 61 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Overall I like the idea of having a meta-goal to work toward in multiplayer. But I think it's problematic in how you've set it out here.

First and foremost, I think it would be detrimental to the community to encourage segregating the playerbase into 'casual' and 'competitive', beyond what matchmaking and ability would already do. I don't know if matchmaking has been implemented in the beta (doesn't always feel like it), but ideally you have people of equal stats/skill going up against each other -- that's the best way to ensure, win or lose, everyone has a satisfying experience.

Given the extreme lengths a player would need to go to in order to get this gear, good matchmaking would dictate that their opponents would primarily be other people who also are mostly likely to get the same gear -- after a while it would result in the same issue of everyone looking identical.

If the matchmaking isn't that great, and god-tier players are routinely lumped in with casual players, you're creating a frustrating, limiting experience for those casuals that will not encourage them to engage, learn and improve. The community could easily stagnate.

Expert players will already have an advantage, being experts; I don't see the point of armor with "stats that put it well ahead of the competition" because these players don't need a "leg up" -- except, of course, to justify the effort involved in getting the Legendary set. This strikes me a bit as a solution in search of a problem that creates more balance issues than it solves player-reward concerns. 

Right now, even with the limited options in beta, I think the devs have struck a nice-if-imperfect balance between skill, playstyle and gear.

My preference for a meta goal would be to unlock additional Gods and weapon types. That way you're expanding the game laterally but still rewarding dedication. It's sort of like Prestiging without Prestiging.

Message 59 of 61 (98 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 11, 2013

pipking01 wrote:

Overall I like the idea of having a meta-goal to work toward in multiplayer. But I think it's problematic in how you've set it out here.

First and foremost, I think it would be detrimental to the community to encourage segregating the playerbase into 'casual' and 'competitive', beyond what matchmaking and ability would already do. I don't know if matchmaking has been implemented in the beta (doesn't always feel like it), but ideally you have people of equal stats/skill going up against each other -- that's the best way to ensure, win or lose, everyone has a satisfying experience.

Given the extreme lengths a player would need to go to in order to get this gear, good matchmaking would dictate that their opponents would primarily be other people who also are mostly likely to get the same gear -- after a while it would result in the same issue of everyone looking identical.

If the matchmaking isn't that great, and god-tier players are routinely lumped in with casual players, you're creating a frustrating, limiting experience for those casuals that will not encourage them to engage, learn and improve. The community could easily stagnate.

Expert players will already have an advantage, being experts; I don't see the point of armor with "stats that put it well ahead of the competition" because these players don't need a "leg up" -- except, of course, to justify the effort involved in getting the Legendary set. This strikes me a bit as a solution in search of a problem that creates more balance issues than it solves player-reward concerns. 

Right now, even with the limited options in beta, I think the devs have struck a nice-if-imperfect balance between skill, playstyle and gear.

My preference for a meta goal would be to unlock additional Gods and weapon types. That way you're expanding the game laterally but still rewarding dedication. It's sort of like Prestiging without Prestiging.

Well, like I said before it's not like this would be something to make or break a game.  Having the armor would be no different than someone wearing a full level 1 set vs someone wearing a level 3 set or MAYBE a bit more than that.  Not only that, but if they did implement proper matchmaking where it was based on skill, level and what have you then it wouldn't really matter if this was implemented.  The casuals would be fighting casuals and hardcore players be fighting hardcore players.  Most of which would arrive at the destination earlier, but it's not like a casual would never be able to obtain the armor.  

You make some good claims, but it's no different than what currently goes on in the game.  For example you talk about "identical players"  this already happens a lot and is bound to happen with the current armor setup.  This isn't a game where you get to customize your armor, it's based off of what armor is best for what class and how you play and eventually people are going to find a "go to" setup that'll benefit them the most. 

Also, matchmaking wouldn't set up people based on "gear" it's more likely to be level than anything else.

You mentioned god-tier players being matched up against new players or casuals.  But like I said earlier, how's this any different than it currently is now?  Anyone wearing just pants and that pathetic gladiator sword is going to get shredded by a full level 3 ares armor player...and that's not even considered "high level" gear.  SSM already put the plan into place.  They set up this MP to reward you with strength as you play and get better.  The legendary armor idea is one that helps relieve boredom and give you something to show off with.  Like I said earlier, even something that just LOOKS cool would be fine.  Say you have end game armor, and then unlock legendary gear and it'd look way, way cooler than anything else in the game but have the same stats as armor in the same tier.  But I really don't see what the problem is with giving the armor a tiny boost.  I mean, you are working your butt off for the armor and it'd be lame to just say "ok here you go it looks a bit cooler than the rest."  

If I ever said "put it well above the competition" then that's my bad.  

Message 60 of 61 (84 Views)
0 Likes