Jan 02 2013
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 10160 posts

Legendary Armor Idea.

[ Edited ]
60 replies 453 views Edited Jan 2, 2013

Was just talking to some friends about something... and it'd be nice to have a "legendary" armor set for each god, or maybe even multiple sets for each god so it wouldn't feel like once you reach cap, there's only one set worth actually using.

Anyway, this armor (and/or weapon[s]) would look amazing and unique as to put a distance between regular players and elite players who have unlocked this magnificent set.  

This armor (and/or weapon[s]) would also have stats that put it far ahead of the competition as well.  Not necessarily making it so that you would have to have this armor in order to compete but it would give people a leg up in order to justify all your hard work for the armor itself.

Requirements:

In total:

100 wins in Free for all, team favor of the gods, and capture the flag.  100 in each mode.  

500 to 1,000 kills

10 flawless (zero deaths) games in any game mode

10 pieces from the god treasure chests.

--Or--

In order meaning, you'll have to get the first requirement done first and then keep going down the list as you progress through the game:

100 wins in Free for all, team favor of the gods, and capture the flag.  100 in each mode.  

500 to 1,000 kills

10 flawless (zero deaths) games in any game mode

10 pieces from the god treasure chests.

The reason I bring this up is...it'll definitely make the game feel unique.  So that you won't see all players with every single armor unlocked... it'll definitely help separate the casual from the competitive crowd, because current sets don't do that... anyone can have any set of armor but armor like this would require lots of gameplay and/or skill.  

Also, I love the idea of "legendary" items...completing certain objectives after the game is over or progressivly throughout the game in order to unlock crazy cool gear.  We've seen this a lot in the ps2 days, but nowadays all it is is DLC.  I would hate for something like this to be DLC because it would limit the game making it so you feel like you need to pay more in order to maximize your fun.. even if you had to pay and then unlocked with the ideas above it'd still limit it a bit too much.  Paying for power is a no no.  

Edit:

The requirements would be for each god, so you wouldn't do this on Ares and unlock all the armor sets for Zeus, Hades and Poseidon.  You'd have to do this for each god if you want it for each god.  Otherwise, if you do it for Ares you only unlock this armor for Ares.  

Message 1 of 61 (453 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1333 posts

Re: Legendary Armor Idea.

Jan 2, 2013
Verry well writen. I love these requirements you need to get tese Armors. This would be a GREAT addition to the game.

lawl.jpg

Message 2 of 61 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 2, 2013
Updated the OP a bit for clarity.
Message 3 of 61 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Jan 2, 2013
i hope theyll be thousands of choices for everything
Message 4 of 61 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 2, 2013
Oh yeah, indeed. But I've always been hyped about the idea of having legendary stuff in games...like assassins creed, champions of norath 2, final fantasy X. I mean it's just a sweet idea, though sometimes the "legendary" stuff is really weak for some reason?
Message 5 of 61 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Bump.
Message 6 of 61 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Jan 8, 2013

So piece by piece or do we get the whole package when we accomplish the goals

Kings are Made in WAR- Leader of Team Street Killas
http://www.youtube.com/user/kingParkerTSK
Message 7 of 61 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 8, 2013
That's a good point, I never thought of that! Idk how I couldn't have since that's how all the other armor is unlocked.

I'd prefer it to be separate really. Would be lame to just do all of this and then have the full set. Probably will have lesser pieces with SLIGHTLY lower requirements. Such as how pants and helmets have lower requirements than the chest piece.

Also, weapons would be separate too, have their own distinct unlocks but all would be unlocked at relatively the same time because this is pretty dang hard to do as it is, wouldn't want to make it too much easier and definitely not harder I would feel the stats wouldn't match up to the effort put into getting the armor.
Message 8 of 61 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jan 8, 2013
So you want everyone to look different, but ever patron god will have a legendary armor? And excells beyond everything non-legendary? To seperate "casuals" and "pros"?

This isn't an MMORPG. there is no need to turn this into a grind, nor a way to inflate your ego beyond satisfaction over your skills in game. Not only that but it'll have the opposite effect - everyone WILL look the same. Every Ares champ will use the same set as another Ares champ. Etc.

I'm sorry. I think this is a terrible idea. One of the good things about armor sets in this game thus far is there's enough flexibility to actually go for aesthetics without sacrificing too much stat wise. This idea would kill that.
Message 9 of 61 (384 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Viddik wrote:
So you want everyone to look different, but ever patron god will have a legendary armor? And excells beyond everything non-legendary? To seperate "casuals" and "pros"?

This isn't an MMORPG. there is no need to turn this into a grind, nor a way to inflate your ego beyond satisfaction over your skills in game. Not only that but it'll have the opposite effect - everyone WILL look the same. Every Ares champ will use the same set as another Ares champ. Etc.

I'm sorry. I think this is a terrible idea. One of the good things about armor sets in this game thus far is there's enough flexibility to actually go for aesthetics without sacrificing too much stat wise. This idea would kill that.

That's why in incorporated the whole "different sets of armor" so that we wouldn't have people complain about  looking the same.  But truth be told, it's probably going to happen anyway...I mean with every game ever created you're going to have a loadout, weapon, armor, w/e that everyone wants to use.  You'll never avoid looking like someone else.  Not even in a game like Uncharted 3, where there are literally TONS of skins and skin combinations but yet you still run itno a lot of the same.  Much like it is now...every class has a set or two of "go to" armor where it makes more sense to use that armor than anything else.  

I know it's not an MMO, but it's hard not to come up with MMO style ideas when the gameplay is very similar, the stats system is very similar and the class system is very similar.  It wouldn't be so much of a grind, when you realize that this is for end game.  The only thing you have to do at end game so far is...well...nothing.  IMO, this beats having no real purpose to keep playing the game once you hit cap and from my experience no one seems to be able to reward players properly for reaching the max level.  

While I understand where you're coming from I'll point out my other....point... that I made earlier.  Every class has a useful and appropriate set for their class, while the others are nonsensical for the class.  You wouldn't equip sage armor, armor of athena, morpheous armor or anything like that on an Ares champion.  The only armor that seems to even make sense is ares armor...which every ares player has at least one piece of, gladiator and MAYBE scorpion armor.  Which, I really wouldn't mind if they had 1 or 2 sets of legendary armor for each class, specifically made for that class and then release other legendary sets as paid DLC or for free once they're complete.  Which would also make sense because the DLC armor wouldn't be a huge advantage over other armor sets that are already in the game, they'd have different stasts but it's not like they'd have huge stat advantages.  

Would make sense to me though, even if you only had one set per god (though I mentioned in the OP more than one) because you'd think that if you became an insanely godly gladiator in these gladiator games and became "god rank" or w/e that the gods would want to reward you for all the hard work you put into the game.  

Message 10 of 61 (381 Views)
0 Likes