First Son
18 posts

Re: Lag? > Delays, No Hits, Weapon Abilities Cancelled Out, Mystery Juggles, Glitches, and the li

Apr 17, 2013

What's the best way to record gameplay on a console? 

People need to see this crap.

Just bought the season pass a few weeks ago because my intial impressions were so overwhelmingly positive....damnit....

Message 11 of 22 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Re: Lag? > Delays, No Hits, Weapon Abilities Cancelled Out, Mystery Juggles, Glitches, and the li

Apr 17, 2013

Capture card...I've never used one but ask around. PSN message some of the names you see who post videos.

Message 12 of 22 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

I was hoping to capture some of this, but now I'm leaning to just dropping the game altogether until I move to the city this summer. I really hope all of these silly issues are due to my poor internet connection and not the game itself.

I just rage too much with my fist pumping in the air crying out "bullshizzzzzz!" And I know it to be so! Haha.

Plus my wife is tired of hearing it.

Message 13 of 22 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 17, 2013

LatentPotential7 wrote:

I was hoping to capture some of this, but now I'm leaning to just dropping the game altogether until I move to the city this summer. I really hope all of these silly issues are due to my poor internet connection and not the game itself.

I just rage too much with my fist pumping in the air crying out "bullshizzzzzz!" And I know it to be so! Haha.

Plus my wife is tired of hearing it.

It's not your internet, man. Happens to me ALL THE TIME and I have very fast internet (40mb/5mb). Looks like some people just get the short end of the stick.

Message 14 of 22 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I almost hate contributing to this thread because it makes me feel like a whiner but MAN I keep getting push to the edge by this game...

NEW lag detriment!

Ares Bubble...how bout getting damage THROUGH it, dying before it bursts so you lose the Item that gave you no protection? Yep, this can happen.

Message 15 of 22 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Apr 17, 2013

it's been lagging a lot today for some reason

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 16 of 22 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

Yes, Ares bubble always denies damage when I attack a player, but not when I use it myself. Nope, I take damange just fine from my opponenets.

I played 2vs2 for three hours today and had significanlty fewer problems. It seems the lag is much worse 4vs4. Sad, as Team FotG is such an enjoyable concept.

I know what you mean about whining. I feel the same way. However, it's hard to walk away from a game that is ripe with potential and such a unique pleasure when it's functining as it should. I end up mashing square and spamming my abilites and hoping to get a kill most of the time becuase there is no point trying to chain a combo since everything is visually out of sync or delayed due to latency issues.  Either that or I just use a world weapon and drop them to 25% health and follow up with a weapon abilitiy to get a kill. Makes me feel like a loser.

I played with one guy for three games today. Once on opposing team he went 8/0, then on my team he went 1/7. All the same players. Strange. That's a big flip.

Message 17 of 22 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 18, 2013

SirCrush wrote:

I almost hate contributing to this thread because it makes me feel like a whiner but MAN I keep getting push to the edge by this game...

NEW lag detriment!

Ares Bubble...how bout getting damage THROUGH it, dying before it bursts so you lose the Item that gave you no protection? Yep, this can happen.

If I had a nickle for every time I died during invincibility, I'd have enough nickels to find the people that killed me and beat them with the sack of nickels I earned from dying during invulnerability.

It'd be cathartic.

Item use - die.  Shield bubble of lameness - die.  Look into the sun - die.  

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 18 of 22 (83 Views)
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Yeah... this is game is really getting the better of me too. I can't even play 1 game without getting frustrated, unless i am having a really good day, and i usually am not.

Sometimes all i can do after getting frustrated is just kill myself within the game... i just lose all hope of achieving anything when these bugs start happening to me.

If i got a nickel every time i played a complete match and felt good throughout the match, i would have about 10 nickels.
Message 19 of 22 (73 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 20, 2013

But those 10 nickels are AWESOME and they make you want 10 more. But you have to play through horrid game after laggy game after broken game until that one good gem of a game appears. Can you patch that?

Give 2vs2 a consistent try. I seem to have noticably less problems in those matches. Still issues (such as people being super speedy and the constant mysterious juggling without a chance to block or evade), but much better.

Message 20 of 22 (63 Views)
0 Likes