Jan 10 2013
By: kensapi36 Monster Hunter 32 posts

Kratos's dad Spoiler Alert

17 replies 300 views Edited Jan 10, 2013

Can somebody explain me what is happening. GoW1 had a bonus video showing Kratos's mother telling him he's father was Zeus, then she turned into a monster because Zeus put a curse over her. GoW2 ending cinematic shows how Athena tells Kratos that his father was Zeus. Cory Barlog (game director of GoW2) sayd on a bonus video from GoW2 that he didn't care about the vidoe from GoW1 and still made it though Kratos found out from Athena. Now with Ghost of Sparta they wen't back to the first story and made her mother tell him who his father was. I know you can't really hear anything from her in the video, but it's clear they went back to the original story they had in GoW1. So whats going on here? Did they just decide to say f you Gory for making a **bleep** ending  or what? 

Message 1 of 18 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: Kratos's dad Spoiler Alert

Jan 10, 2013
Obviously like you said in GoW 2 they ignored the videos from GoW 1, but in GoS it's like they're letting you play through the visit with your mother...but I BELIEVE that when you go to see her she turns into a monster before she tells Kratos who his father is. Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense at all.
Message 2 of 18 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jan 10, 2013
BUT, in GoW1 bonus video it is clearly said by the story teller that Kratos finds out that his father was Zeus. I don't think she turns into a monster before she says it. Why the change of Kratos's face when she mumbles? Why does she turn into a beast before she ever broke the curse? I am thinking SSM wanted to make Ghost of Sparta to show why Kratos is such a horrible person as a human being and to make us understand where all of his hatred comes from. The death of his entire family by the hands of the gods shows us why. His mother fit perfectly into the story and SSM said F you Gory, we are keeping the original story. Btw, if she didn't say it to Kratos before she became a beast, then why didn't she tell that after Kratos killed him. She had the strength to say:"Now I am free". Couldn't she have just said:"ZEUS"? I believe in the end they just didn't know what to do about the issue and made her mumble, so only true GoW fans would find out that there even was an issue.
Message 3 of 18 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Star Trek

photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 4 of 18 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Heh, what?
Message 5 of 18 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Well, the GoW 1 vid was kind of thrown out the window remember.

But, idk...I can't help but feel they wouldn't make that mistake a second time. Maybe she goes to mumble it and Zeus is like "nah dude"

Idk, I just couldn't help but feel they wouldn't make the same mistake twice.
Message 6 of 18 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Idk as well, thats why I made this post.
Message 7 of 18 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

Since the GoW1 video was a *bonus video* and not actually in the game story.. I always interpreted it like this...

GoW 1--- Kratos doesn't know who his father is..

GoS-- His mother mumbles something like Zuh.......  starting with a Z.. so Kratos is like.. Could it be??  So now from this point on he is sort of suspicious that he is the son of Zeus... but not sure

GoW2-- He finds out that his suspition was true from Athena at the end.. But the way he says.. "My Father!?"  and then just kind of keeps on talking.. more says that athena just confirmed his suspition rather then flat out surprised him... other wise he would've been like "MY FATHER????!!!, HOW COULD YOU HOLD SUCH INFORMATION FROM ME BLAH BLAH?"  instead he talks about other family bs...

That is just my take on it...

So in Ascension-- It should be clear that he does NOT know zeus is his father WHATSOEVER.  

Message 8 of 18 (242 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jan 10, 2013
You can't really go in that deep of how Kratos is saying "My father". I am sure they didn't think the plot of the next 2 games ahead to come when they were doing GoW2.
Idk, this is very confusing. The first time I finished GoW2 and Athena told about his father, I was like:" What the hell, we already knew about this. This is some bull crap."
I guess I am never going to really get over that first bonus video because it is kinda stuck with me. I played that game so so many times because it was the best game I ever played. After that, I waited for GoW2 for a long time. Heh, I even found the easter egg in GoW1 without knowing about it. And after I finished God mode, I searched every inch of that throne room trying to find the door to Ares chamber (they talk about a bonus chamber in the scrolling text you get).
I hope a dev would simply say where Kratos found out first.
Message 9 of 18 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

Did you smoke a weed and you forgot it or you didn't play God of War: Ghost of Sparta(PSP)?

The revelation about Kratos' father being Zeus is revealed from this very game, GoW: Ghost of Sparta(in Greek it's pronounced like this Θεός του Πολέμου: Το Φάντασμα της Σπάρτης - Theos tou Polemou: To Fantasma tis Spartis -) within the onus video you unlock once you beat this game's challenges.

Go play this game, and you'll understand everything... Smiley Happy

Regards from Greece

Message 10 of 18 (223 Views)
0 Likes