Reply
Highlighted
Feb 03 2013
By: DJMadCow Uncharted Territory 1355 posts
Offline
Accepted Solution

King Leonidas DLC: set or skin?

52 replies 707 views Edited Feb 3, 2013

Thought I would start a separate thread about this. I've seen in quite a few places where they reference the King Leonidas DLC for Ascension as a "skin" or "costume."

 

Can anyone clarify if this is true? Is the armor/weapon an actual set or merely a cosmetic add-on?

 

Thought I would just bring it up since this could change where ppl decide to pre-order.

 

Just an example:

http://us.playstation.com/community/leonidasgow.html

 

 


Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 1 of 53 (707 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 09/12/2012
Offline
9 posts
 

Re: King Leonidas DLC: set or skin?

Feb 3, 2013

I think it will come with a skin of leonidas and his armour based on what I read. I looked into it myself because I'm a huge fan of 300 and I think it was on Gamestop's site were they say it is a skin and then later on they say it is a armour set. Hope that helped a little.

He took off his helmet because it block his vision.
Message 2 of 53 (701 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/22/2010
Offline
865 posts
 

Re: King Leonidas DLC: set or skin?

Feb 3, 2013

Well it says "Armor and Spear" so maybe it's his armor and spear.

Message 3 of 53 (699 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 09/12/2012
Offline
9 posts
 

Re: King Leonidas DLC: set or skin?

Feb 3, 2013

Oh yeah! I forgot about that it also says that  it will come with his spear (I think that also will put spears as the third weapon).

He took off his helmet because it block his vision.
Message 4 of 53 (692 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/12/2012
Offline
1355 posts
 

Re: King Leonidas DLC: set or skin?

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

Keep_Rollin wrote:

I think it will come with a skin of leonidas and his armour based on what I read. I looked into it myself because I'm a huge fan of 300 and I think it was on Gamestop's site were they say it is a skin and then later on they say it is a armour set. Hope that helped a little.


Good call, took a look at the Gamestop website about the offer. They clearly say "King Leonidas multiplayer skin" in the pre-order description. When they talk about the Mythological Heroes multiplayer pack however, they refer to that pack as "four unique armor sets."

 

source - http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/god-of-war-ascension-collectors-edition/102858

 

This is a bit disappointing Smiley Sad; was hoping the King Leonidas DLC was an actual item/set and not just a costume. Might not pre-order from them then... but we'll see...

 

Going to try to contact Gamestop just to verify if this is correct, but the way it's described in their product description, I think it's a skin. Will post here if I get a reply back.

 

Leonidas vs Kratos.jpg

 

"Of course it's a skin. He wears no armor!"


Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 5 of 53 (643 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/17/2011
Offline
490 posts
 

Re: King Leonidas DLC: set or skin?

Feb 4, 2013

It def seems to be just a "skin" but you do get his spear as an actual weapon.  To me, that pretty much says you get to look like King Leo instead of your plain bald dude.  If it's just a skin, I would have to assume you can put other armor over it too, so you could be King Leo and wear the Kracken armor for example, it may be kinda sweet.  As far as his spear, I also assume it will have it's own set of attributes, and will be worth using when you first start, but you'll aquire a better spear pretty quickly by my guess and will just toss King Leo's spear somewhere in the garage and not use it any more because it'll be inferior to some of the better upgraded spears.

Message 6 of 53 (627 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/21/2012
Offline
136 posts
 

Re: King Leonidas DLC: set or skin?

Feb 4, 2013
my guess:
3 piece armor
1 posseidon spear variation

my wish:
leonidas model (base to replace generic mad bald guy)
3 piece armor
1 posseidon variation
1 shield that does with it...

I mean!!!
Spartans were famous for their shield!!!
From thigh to neck, Ephialtes.
FROM THIGH TO NECK SSM!!!!
Message 7 of 53 (605 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/19/2012
Offline
103 posts
 

Re: King Leonidas DLC: set or skin?

Feb 5, 2013

im thinking it's "just" an armor set and spear. But the PS blog post said that it was based off of Gerard Butler, so maybe with helmet you will also get a beard :3

Message 8 of 53 (582 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/12/2012
Offline
1355 posts
 

Re: King Leonidas DLC: set or skin?

Feb 5, 2013

VanillaBeast wrote:

It def seems to be just a "skin" but you do get his spear as an actual weapon.  To me, that pretty much says you get to look like King Leo instead of your plain bald dude.  If it's just a skin, I would have to assume you can put other armor over it too, so you could be King Leo and wear the Kracken armor for example, it may be kinda sweet.  As far as his spear, I also assume it will have it's own set of attributes, and will be worth using when you first start, but you'll aquire a better spear pretty quickly by my guess and will just toss King Leo's spear somewhere in the garage and not use it any more because it'll be inferior to some of the better upgraded spears.


I'm wondering if the spear might also be "skin" too Smiley Frustrated...

 

Found this article on the playstation blog from a senior product marketing manager at SCEA with the following edit:

 

"King Leonidas also comes with his iconic spear, which has its own set of unique combat moves  which boasts a unique appearance and shares the same combat abilities as the other spear weapons in multiplayer (note: updated for clarity)."

 

They removed the "unique combat moves" part perhaps b/c it was misleading and ppl thought it was an actual weapon (like Walmart's Blade of Judgement).

 

Source

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/24/gamestop-gets-exclusive-god-of-war-ascension-pre-order-ite...

 

P.S. - have not heard back yet from Gamestop regarding a clarification


Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 9 of 53 (559 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/17/2011
Offline
490 posts
 

Re: King Leonidas DLC: set or skin?

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

DJMadCow wrote:

VanillaBeast wrote:

It def seems to be just a "skin" but you do get his spear as an actual weapon.  To me, that pretty much says you get to look like King Leo instead of your plain bald dude.  If it's just a skin, I would have to assume you can put other armor over it too, so you could be King Leo and wear the Kracken armor for example, it may be kinda sweet.  As far as his spear, I also assume it will have it's own set of attributes, and will be worth using when you first start, but you'll aquire a better spear pretty quickly by my guess and will just toss King Leo's spear somewhere in the garage and not use it any more because it'll be inferior to some of the better upgraded spears.


I'm wondering if the spear might also be "skin" too Smiley Frustrated...

 

Found this article on the playstation blog from a senior product marketing manager at SCEA with the following edit:

 

"King Leonidas also comes with his iconic spear, which has its own set of unique combat moves  which boasts a unique appearance and shares the same combat abilities as the other spear weapons in multiplayer (note: updated for clarity)."

 

They removed the "unique combat moves" part perhaps b/c it was misleading and ppl thought it was an actual weapon (like Walmart's Blade of Judgement).

 

Source

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/24/gamestop-gets-exclusive-god-of-war-ascension-pre-order-ite...

 

P.S. - have not heard back yet from Gamestop regarding a clarification


You're on it MadCow.  Batman would be proud, go get em detective lol.

Message 10 of 53 (557 Views)
Reply
0 Likes