Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Re: Jumping with the Flag

Apr 2, 2013

DelSol-97- wrote:

d1v4d wrote:

It's funny cause the amount of times this has been mentioned during the Beta was unbelievable, yet SSM didn't do sh*t to fix it. I agree 100%, it's one of the only things that ruin CTF for me, along with the Ares Leap/Hyperion but that's debatable. 

This was an issue with CTF if the beta, it seemed people would jump and hop faster then running. I do notice a difference in the full release though, have yet to play much of CTF but you warrior seems slower when you jump/cant jump as far. There definitely a difference from the beta.

Personally I havn't had trouble with people jumping with the flag. 

I haven't either, but I'm using a spear now, which has more range. The jumping is still an issue though, the character still boots it.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 36 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
494 posts

Apr 2, 2013
I personally have had trouble in the full game...Yes in the beta it was a nuisance but here they just look like fools when they are jumping back all the way to their flags....A good warhammer to the arse while they are jumping seems do to the trick :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 36 (121 Views)
Survivor
2250 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Compared to the beta the jump distance is less and you move slower. You really have no choice but to hop and rarely are there people watching your back.

The wall clingers are the bigger issue but they really have to be out of range for you to not be able to attack them. Spears and mallets make good fly swatters.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 36 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Apr 2, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

Compared to the beta the jump distance is less and you move slower. You really have no choice but to hop and rarely are there people watching your back.

The wall clingers are the bigger issue but they really have to be out of range for you to not be able to attack them. Spears and mallets make good fly swatters.

Proof? Nonetheless, it still needs work. I play CTF a whole lot, and it's still a problem. Not as big of a problem as wall clingers, but still a problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 36 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Jumping for me doesnt help I always get hit. I usually only jump just to move faster(not even sure if it does make u move faster but it does look like it). I usually always get the flag, and never thought jumping was useful. I always relied on my magic or items to keep away from ppl. I would admit I did over use the invincibility item with Hades, but I wanted the manticore armor and wanted to make sure my team won.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 36 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4316 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Jessie117 wrote:

Jumping for me doesnt help I always get hit. I usually only jump just to move faster(not even sure if it does make u move faster but it does look like it). I usually always get the flag, and never thought jumping was useful. I always relied on my magic or items to keep away from ppl. I would admit I did over use the invincibility item with Hades, but I wanted the manticore armor and wanted to make sure my team won.

It's useful in that they either clear your attacks, which isn't guaranteed, or - and this is the more prevalent reason -  you can't grapple them and it makes them harder to attack.  It's fine if you can stop them coming at you, but if you're chasing them and they have anyone around them, you won't catch them.

You'll have to sprint to get them, and when you do, you get grappled by their teammate.  It makes it even harder to apprehend them when lag is there 'cause it throws the timing off, and that's all I seem to find in CTF.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 36 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2250 posts

Apr 2, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

SILVERX200 wrote:

Proof? Nonetheless, it still needs work. I play CTF a whole lot, and it's still a problem. Not as big of a problem as wall clingers, but still a problem.

Proof of what? The jumping distance and speed is not nearly as fast as it was in the beta and it was complained about then so it was reduced. I could tell the difference as soon as I tried it the first time playing CTF in the full game.

The bigger issue would be people using Hyperion, Hades Mist, or Ares Inferno. You can at least grapple a Zeus player using Hyperion. I've already been grappled by carrying the flag so I'm not sure why people say it can't be done. I think that is more of an issue with the defectiveness of grapple to begin with. It's completely inconsistent.

I've also been attacked plenty of times as the flag carrier and you move much slower and have next to no defense.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 36 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Apr 2, 2013
^I see no difference in speed/distance of the jumps. I tried it the first time I got a flag.

I know what you mean by "inconsistency". I got grappled while blocking before. Also, an enemy was below me on Labyrinth, so he grappled the ledge (green gloat thing), but he grappled me instead. I was standing there waiting for him to come up. This game has some weeeeeird sh*t wrong with it,
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 36 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Glowy*.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 36 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2250 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Grappling is a complete mess. You might as well be Batman playing this game because you grapple someone and you fly across the screen in the opposite direction or even in an arc.

I love how someone can block your grapple by not blocking at all, and somehow they grapple you instead.  I really don't have faith that this will be fixed either. R1 is used for way too many functions and it probably confuses the system. There's nothing better than trying to activate a node on Team Favor of the Gods and constantly flick out your tether instead of activating the node.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 36 (80 Views)
0 Likes