First Son
23 posts

Re: Jump Spamming

Jan 14, 2013

yeah that is a good idea, maybe 3 jumps within a certain time limit, that way people can still use jump to traverse the terrain without being ambushed with a grapple

Message 11 of 15 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I dunno if a 3 jump thing would work, it seems like it'd be overly complicated. and tough to actually implement. I can't think of any other solutions though, hopefully the devs think of something. I hate the bunny hop! Uncharted 2 multiplayer had a similar problem, which Uncharted 3 actually addressed where you just stumble/take a few steps after jumping before you can actually jump again. Maybe something like that could work?

Message 12 of 15 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Violetzoya wrote:

I dunno if a 3 jump thing would work, it seems like it'd be overly complicated. and tough to actually implement. I can't think of any other solutions though, hopefully the devs think of something. I hate the bunny hop! Uncharted 2 multiplayer had a similar problem, which Uncharted 3 actually addressed where you just stumble/take a few steps after jumping before you can actually jump again. Maybe something like that could work?

Cooldown for jumping? Maybe since jumping is not that important at the gamplay, just when someone try to scape from you or grab the flag. Yeah cooldown could work fine.

Message 13 of 15 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Im still trying to figure out why they took out the air grapple.  I loved that combo, now the only thing that hits a jumper is the sword moves that lock onto your target.   It really is kinda stupid to allow such a simple basic move to be exploited endlessly in a competitive multiplayer environment.

Message 14 of 15 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 14, 2013
if it's 3 jumps, it can easily be manipulated like evade. Say if it's 3, you can jump twice, take a few steps or evade, jump 2 more times.

Maybe after just one jump, if you jump again for any number of jumps you get to grapple them?

I mean, jumping is only used for being able to climb stuff, jump over or on stuff... so if you really need more than 1 or 2 jumps you either

1. Need to learn how to jump better

or

2. Are bunny hopping.
Message 15 of 15 (102 Views)
0 Likes