May 17 2013
By: CharlesChamp Uncharted Territory 1532 posts

Jump Slicing C'mon Son lol Parry that *bleep*

9 replies 2375 views Edited May 17, 2013
Been hearing a lot about Jump Slicing being OP haha. If you know how to play GOWA you know patience is key a crazed Champion is a dead Champion. Don't rush into your Item once you get hit see if they could combo or not. If your parry game isn't on point your most likely being combo to death. Plant your feet on the ground and hold L1 like no other if your opponent is an excessive Slice **bleep**. Most Sword user aren't going to combo if they can't land a successful jump slice. Unless they know how to use magic as a set-up but only a few know how. A lot of swords L1+[] can be parried. What I'm getting at is the sword can be OP when use right but against legit players it's one of the weakest due to all the moves that can be parried. Be patience Warrior and they shall expose themselves.
Message 1 of 10 (2,375 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Re: Jump Slicing C'mon Son lol Parry that *bleep*

May 17, 2013

Parry is a piece of crap trying it on a jum slice, they move way more faster than ur slow **bleep** parrying. What I do is just block the jump slice or jump with them and either use square or jump slice them. Back then, this move just arritated me but Im starting to learn how to prevent them from doing it on me. Such as making sure to avoid most ppl who have the exploitable weapons(SoZ, SoD, etc.). The more I learn how to avoid these the less I care that they are in the game.

Message 2 of 10 (2,365 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

May 17, 2013
You could parry the move on contact.
Message 3 of 10 (2,360 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

May 17, 2013

Sorry, but most players are too laggy to parry properly. Most players just recover from the parry before i can even attack from the successful parry stance.

Message 4 of 10 (2,351 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

May 17, 2013

Yeah I have parried it acouple of times but its alot harder when u least expect them doing a jump slice(which is like 80% of the time for me). So I just usually block it and when they try hitting me afterwards I parry that attack. Depending if ur parrying response very well jump slicers are not a problem, but to me parrying is so slow to even try it even more.

Message 5 of 10 (2,350 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

May 17, 2013

The risk comes from various things though: Ghost Parry as I call it (you parry yet guy isn't stunned), fake jump slicing (jump slicing in other direction), faking (they hold block or jump around you instead forcing a parry) or quick launch (translates from previous tactic). So many people prefer to dodge instead, what people don't REALIZE is that Dodge>Parry when you master I-frame dodging, as not many people do I-frame dodging, people don't realize how bad it actually is (obvious examples are Lightning Storm dodging and Element Wave dodging since they're the easiest to do, I have seen Ares Inferno I-frame dodging though)

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 6 of 10 (2,349 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

May 17, 2013

SovereignSky wrote:

I have seen Ares Inferno I-frame dodging though)

So I-frame dodge defeats Ares Inferno of AOE, guard-break, and Ring Out? That's amazing proof you got there!

Wish I witness there

Eh, parry is slow? I did saw other warrior quickly parry (There were no white barrier as parry activates)

so you don't have to wait to parry, just parry instantly as you are about to get hit/getting hit.

Message 7 of 10 (2,340 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

May 17, 2013

There is a difference between a spammer and a "skilled" JumpCutter...  But sounds like you already are an Anti-JumpCut master.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/What-makes-a-good-player-Gre...

Message 8 of 10 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

May 17, 2013

Alghazanth wrote:

There is a difference between a spammer and a "skilled" JumpCutter...  But sounds like you already are an Anti-JumpCut master.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/What-makes-a-good-player-Gre...

What? Somebody here is Anti JS master? Who?

Message 9 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
820 posts

May 17, 2013
Er... I still think that jump slice is really cheap. If you are an ares player, it will damage 50% of the health
Message 10 of 10 (149 Views)
0 Likes