Highlighted
Jan 04 2013
By: asharaf90 First Son 16 posts

Joining a friend?

7 replies 186 views Edited Jan 4, 2013

Me and my friend both have beta acess however even when we Queue at the same time and keep quitting and re joining it never matched us up together, i am level 18 and he is level 6 can this be the problem? and i tried with my level 6 Ares character as well and it didn't work.

Message 1 of 8 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Re: Joining a friend?

Jan 4, 2013
I don't think that is the problem at all. It kind of randomly tosses you into a match from my experience. Most of us beta players have been informing the devs of implementing a clan system, party system, amongst other "friendly" options cause this would definitely solve this problem.
Message 2 of 8 (180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jan 4, 2013

But let's say for example i joined with XYZ and he joined with ABC then i quit to the menu and joined back it pairs me again with XYZ even if i wait for few mins and join back i find the same people with me, we tried for about an hour and we never made it together in one game Smiley Tongue.

I hope they implement an option to invite friends to the lobby soon.

Message 3 of 8 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 4, 2013

You and everyone else. Man Very Happy I can understand your frustration. This multiplayer definitely needs a party/clan system of some sort. Hopefully, these changes can be implemented before the release of the final product so we can test them out and supply feedback.

Message 4 of 8 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jan 5, 2013
What worked for me was to try connecting at the lowest hours where people player. Dont play during the peak hours. My friend and i also have the beta and we managed to get connected to the same game but we did that at around 12 midnight eastern time. And it worked. We both chose the game mode at the same timeso that it would pair us and it worked.
Message 5 of 8 (156 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Maybe the game joins to the host with better connection, your friend lives near to you?

Message 6 of 8 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jan 6, 2013

My friend lives abut 20-30 min away from me and it still worked.

Message 7 of 8 (142 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 6, 2013

I pray they impliment this in the beta so we can supply feedback,  Me and a buddy have acheived this about 4 times by waiting around till 2 seconds and then exiting to the lobby and starting search match again.  I know it sounds bad or mean but just trying to get in-game with a friend so we can work together on strategy and so-fourth.  But its luck to get paired together as it is with the beta,  But im having a blast sofar cant wait for new things to come.  March 12th cant get here anytime sooner.  Im not the best but not the worst playing the game.  this will finally resolve all the talks God of war fans have had countless times amungst each other about wishing they could play against the world.  This game is going to rule 2013 and years to come!!!!   MAY THE GODS BE WITH YOU IF NOT DO WHAT KRATO'S DID KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 8 (121 Views)
0 Likes