Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 14 2013
By: sgtfacestomp First Son 2 posts

It's good, but has potential to be the greatest! How? Beef up the create-a-character! Here is how...

11 replies 254 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

First off, I want to start by saying this is one of the greatest multiplayer experiences ever! I keep trying to put it down, but the gods keep calling me back to battle! Solid gameplay and mass mayhem!! Now, with that being said, as a fan and all around gamer, I think I have some ideas the people may just want to see. 

Character Creation

Nothing appeals to a gamer more than being able to see there likeness in a video game.(if you say otherwise, then you're lying!!) You guys have the right idea, but you just need some more kick to it. Here are a few ideas that might go a long way:

• sex(I've heard a lot of female players saying they would love to play as an athena follower, just so they could play with a female. Do everyone a solid and just add the option to choose there sex, no matter what god they align with)
  • Character design(hairstyles, facial features, body size and weight, and yes, even skin color. I for one would like to see more than just the typical muscle bound white guy running around looking just like everyone else. where is the fun in killing the exact same guy over and over?)
  • Armor and weapons( The designs for the weapons and armor are beautiful from what I've seen so far. Yes, add more these! but to one up on just adding on, give players the ability to change the skins of there armor and wepons, but keep the stats of the current equipment. It sounds weird, but it works! A great example of this is DC Universe online. When players get new weapons and armor, they can equip the current weapon, obviously because of the  better stats, and change the look of it to a wepon that they already have aquired. Thats assuming they dont like the way the current find looks like. And of course, the option to color change the armor. That, is a solid given.) 

Gameplay

I really don't have a whole lot to say about the actual gameplay. It has been amazing! Just a few tweeks for looks...

• For favor of the gods, I love the god intervention! What would make it that more awesome, is seeing the the weapon of a different God drop down, i.e. poseidons trident, the blade of olympus, hades' claws, etc. , each with there own special kill animation on the titan. 
  • More brutal kill animations! Don't sit right here and lie to me and say you DON"T want to see more brutal kills! Kratos was in mortal kombat for god's sake! Don't tell you guys didn't pick up a few new tips for brutailty and carnage!
  • more weapon classes!! Sword...great. Hammer...awesome. Now what? Gauntlets! I.E. Nemean Cestus! I LOVE those things! make them slow, but powerful!! A swort sword a shield combo! Doesn't do a WHOLE lot of damage, but the fast and furious combos will add up! 
  • Weapon drops are always awesome! When my health is low and I see that giant hammer thing posted up, I say to myself, it's about to get real! Nothing more satisfying than seeing you smash someone on the verge of killing you off the side of the map....good times. But why stop there? The more the merrier! Add more spawn point weeapons and randomize them to spice things up! Examples you say? an iaculum, or net! Throw it an opponent, it leaves them unable to do anything for a set amount of time. Imagine tossing one on someone while the'yre right over an unset trap, and you flip the switch...beautiful. Pugio, or dagger,  little weapon, but give them a couple of them to throw from a distance! I know that would **bleep** me off! And thats what would make them fun! Get creaticve! throw madusa's head in there! 
  • Traps....Love them! Lions!! Have a trap where a lion comes out on a chain for a certain area, just like the other traps, and eat whoever is closest! classic!
  • Story mode for created warriors=WIN!
  • Online Multiplayer co op story mode for created warriors=CATASTROPHIC WIN! 

I don't even know if the creators will get to see this, but this needs to be heard! Lets get this post buzzing and who knows....please feel free to add on guys! 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (254 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Re: It's good, but has potential to be the greatest! How? Beef up the create-a-character! Here is ho

Jan 14, 2013

You Are My Hero Man !!!

You Deserve A Ton Of Kudos !

Keep It Up Warrior !

You Are What Makes The Experience All The Better !

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (236 Views)
Wastelander
676 posts

Re: It's good, but has potential to be the greatest! How? Beef up the create-a-character! Here is ho

Jan 14, 2013
Nice suggestions! +1
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (214 Views)
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Dude your like a champion bro +9000

Kings are Made in WAR- Leader of Team Street Killas
http://www.youtube.com/user/kingParkerTSK
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (186 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Jan 14, 2013

women aren't allowed to be depicted being brutally murdered. the devs would be accused of misogyny. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (175 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Jan 14, 2013

agreed. Like all of your suggestions besides adding female characters.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (162 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Great suggestions!

The only one I'm not for is female characters, and for two simple reasons. The first being the misogyny issue -- which I don't agree with, necessarily, because Amazonians, but it opens up that debate in a way that can do more harm than good. With how a lot of MP crap-talking works, and the language used, the nightmare potential is high.

The second is just that the skeleton for our models is based on Kratos (afaik), and we all share animation, so to design entirely new skeletion/animation/skins would probably be a lot of work for what it brings to the game.

But everything else is top notch.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (155 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Jan 14, 2013

All Great Idea's and suggestions.  We dont actually know what the full MP will already have until it comes out but the simplest thing to add would be a skin tone shader bar for your character.  I have seen more about wanting to be black or whiter than anything so SKIN TONE SHADER BAR SSM DEV'S .   I love the idea of the lions den or could be a cerebus.  either way fighting an opponet and beating him back into a trap like that would be awesome.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (147 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I don't disagree with you any of you guys about it being misogyny for the brutal muder of women in a video game. But, with 64% of the online gaming community being women, wouldn't it be misogyny for excluding women all together from the game? The creators of mortal kombat has had hit after hit for one of the longest running video game series in history. Women are killed in these games repeatedly, but they do just as much killing as there male counterparts. Did they take a lot of heat for doing so? yes. But did they WIN at life at life with the mortal kombat franchise? OF COURSE!  I say if you're gonna do a create a character mode in a game, don't hold back any punches. I'm sure the women in the gaming community would appreciate it. But it's only my opinion.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Gonna throw in my 2 cents here but there WERE gonna be female characters but got dumped for some reason not because of Mysoginy......plus Mysoginy issue is moot as in GoW2, you kill the SoF in a pretty brutal fashion anyway and the banshees and that chick in GOW3 you use for the door, I also don't really like 8 ft tall muscular guys

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (138 Views)