Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Re: Is it just me or...

Sep 18, 2013
@Goldhawk-- hey bro- try and chill man-- I def understand, we all would love to see this game patched up and fixed more maps, better balance etc, you think the hammer is bad? It makes the trident look like a stirefoam toy from k mart. The connection issues always seem to rise up right before I notice a crap load of ghost fixes, or they anounce a patch, or right after a patch, sometimes there are times where its great for a while though-- wth ps4 being so close to launch -- I promise that it is effecting this online game-- they have some servers down or something right now theoretically etc... And everyone says oh well that doesnt matter its a p2p connection. Sorry but it DOES what do you all think our fiber optics are using to reach each others houses? They are using the psn servers to travel through partly-- so even just one server being down for ps4 launch could be causing all of this-- I will say this much, just adding content to a game with all of the memory available in todays time is NOT going to cause lag unless there is broken code-- so the idea that gauntlets are causing lag is absurd too. SSM will not, I doubt, leave the game in this condition forever or even for much longer. IF player base dies down, which it will eventually as with all games especially when A new console is released, i gaurantee we will see increased options/support for the 2 player modes, bout/ trials and even 4 player modes-- more 8 player matchmaking tweaks (like making big maps playable even with 4 people minimum before ps4 launches wouldnt surprise me.

I think it has been quiet around here for a reason-- they finally got most of the DLC done-- (not all maybe??) just assuming that 5 gods and 5 weapon classes was their goal from the beginning and they at least pulled off 4. If they are smart they will indeed be patching this game several more times and it will as balanced as a first shot at multiplayer type game like this can be-- and I will bet my Zeus olympus armor that Barlog is back at SSM working on the most insane GOW campaign we will ever see graphically and mechanically, and with all this behind them, Pappy and crew will probably head up the multiplayer.. This way the next one has 2 overseers, 2 full teams- one for each mode-- because this franchise is popular and simple fact that a multiplayer with of glitches like this is SO ADDICTIVE (you said so yourself)-- is a very promising thing!

Imagine the next one-- if they do indeed do it-- hell I wouldnt mind a ps4 version of ascension just totally revamped for ps4 engine even if it was MP only and rebalanced/tweaked to perfection with map choice/ voting/ more trials like labyrinth etc--- i can actually see them doing something like this and packaging it on a separate disc WITH GOW 4 or whatever it may be. I wouldn't be surprised to see ascension single player retweake slightly and ported over as well-- how many of you WOULDNT buy it? If they gauranteed better mechanics-- no bugs etc... Cause I would buy a remake of chains of olympus on VITA even if it only had like 1 new feature.... Anyways, all this to say man, I think your getting upset over nothing really bro but if you want some legit matches feel free to hit me up. We can do bouts an say "ok gladiator spears only and i will play w u all day bro". Sorry your feeling so irritated with the game atm. We have all been there and it is honestly because we want it to be the best **bleep** MP ever-- which given it was the studios first go at it and they were rushed obviously-- the support for this game has been above an beyond anything I have ever seen DLC wise/ patch wise.. and i doubt its over QUITE yet. Hang in there with the rest of us diehard gow fans and I dont think u will b sorry!! good luck to u-- add me on psn if u want crackle2012. Take it easy man!

-crackle2012 aka Ryan
Message 31 of 38 (249 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
270 posts

Sep 18, 2013

Crackle2012 wrote:
@Goldhawk-- hey bro- try and chill man-- I def understand, we all would love to see this game patched up and fixed more maps, better balance etc, you think the hammer is bad? It makes the trident look like a stirefoam toy from k mart. The connection issues always seem to rise up right before I notice a crap load of ghost fixes, or they anounce a patch, or right after a patch, sometimes there are times where its great for a while though-- wth ps4 being so close to launch -- I promise that it is effecting this online game-- they have some servers down or something right now theoretically etc... And everyone says oh well that doesnt matter its a p2p connection. Sorry but it DOES what do you all think our fiber optics are using to reach each others houses? They are using the psn servers to travel through partly-- so even just one server being down for ps4 launch could be causing all of this-- I will say this much, just adding content to a game with all of the memory available in todays time is NOT going to cause lag unless there is broken code-- so the idea that gauntlets are causing lag is absurd too. SSM will not, I doubt, leave the game in this condition forever or even for much longer. IF player base dies down, which it will eventually as with all games especially when A new console is released, i gaurantee we will see increased options/support for the 2 player modes, bout/ trials and even 4 player modes-- more 8 player matchmaking tweaks (like making big maps playable even with 4 people minimum before ps4 launches wouldnt surprise me.

I think it has been quiet around here for a reason-- they finally got most of the DLC done-- (not all maybe??) just assuming that 5 gods and 5 weapon classes was their goal from the beginning and they at least pulled off 4. If they are smart they will indeed be patching this game several more times and it will as balanced as a first shot at multiplayer type game like this can be-- and I will bet my Zeus olympus armor that Barlog is back at SSM working on the most insane GOW campaign we will ever see graphically and mechanically, and with all this behind them, Pappy and crew will probably head up the multiplayer.. This way the next one has 2 overseers, 2 full teams- one for each mode-- because this franchise is popular and simple fact that a multiplayer with of glitches like this is SO ADDICTIVE (you said so yourself)-- is a very promising thing!

Imagine the next one-- if they do indeed do it-- hell I wouldnt mind a ps4 version of ascension just totally revamped for ps4 engine even if it was MP only and rebalanced/tweaked to perfection with map choice/ voting/ more trials like labyrinth etc--- i can actually see them doing something like this and packaging it on a separate disc WITH GOW 4 or whatever it may be. I wouldn't be surprised to see ascension single player retweake slightly and ported over as well-- how many of you WOULDNT buy it? If they gauranteed better mechanics-- no bugs etc... Cause I would buy a remake of chains of olympus on VITA even if it only had like 1 new feature.... Anyways, all this to say man, I think your getting upset over nothing really bro but if you want some legit matches feel free to hit me up. We can do bouts an say "ok gladiator spears only and i will play w u all day bro". Sorry your feeling so irritated with the game atm. We have all been there and it is honestly because we want it to be the best **bleep** MP ever-- which given it was the studios first go at it and they were rushed obviously-- the support for this game has been above an beyond anything I have ever seen DLC wise/ patch wise.. and i doubt its over QUITE yet. Hang in there with the rest of us diehard gow fans and I dont think u will b sorry!! good luck to u-- add me on psn if u want crackle2012. Take it easy man!

-crackle2012 aka Ryan

Amen to that man. Amen to that. (nods)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 32 of 38 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Sep 18, 2013

JONARAYENDE wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:
LOL YOU CAN PARRY THE LEGENDARY HAMMER OF OLYMPUS'S L1+ SQUARE? THE SUPER ULTRA SECRET ARES WEAPON THAT COSTS 3 ASCENSION TOKENS? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Jesus christ this game is a joke. I mean, hammers only "break defenses" in which the player can just parry or block again but the **bleep** special for the ultra super cool godly weapon for Ares is insanely avoidable? How **bleep** stupid.

Ares gets **bleep**ed over in every way imaginable. Jesus christ...I don't even.... what world am I **bleep** on? I've never seen a game be so much fun, yet be broken to the point where it's literally unplayable.

you sound retarded. the war hammer of olympus ring out capability is bad enough now you want to make the L1+S unblockable. noob

I don't want it to be OP, no.  But the whole point of the hammer is completely moot to the point I don't even want to play that class anymore (let me tell you, I haven't played any other class besides Ares...)  

I spent $5 on the double exp, and spent like 8 straight hours on MP yesterday just to get it and when I do get it?  it fails in comparison to every other weapon.  Not only are hammers **bleep** compared to swords but compared to other godly weapons it's just a joke.  You can't jump slice with hammers, they attack slower and now they changed it so that if you're blocking you send your opponent into a "block breaker" which by the time you get to attack again doesn't really help because they can block or parry or dodge or whatever they need to escape.

So essentially, yeah the L1 + triangle is crazy powerful...but that's the only up side to the hammer.  In comparison to the other weapons they have a shorter combo chain, slower and much more avoidable attacks.....it just seems stupid.  I don't want a super OP attack, but I'd much rather have a weapon with 2 usable specials rather than one special that's very usefull and another that just makes people laugh at you if you use it.  

Thank you souldcrusher Smiley Wink

Message 33 of 38 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1206 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

JONARAYENDE wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:
LOL YOU CAN PARRY THE LEGENDARY HAMMER OF OLYMPUS'S L1+ SQUARE? THE SUPER ULTRA SECRET ARES WEAPON THAT COSTS 3 ASCENSION TOKENS? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Jesus christ this game is a joke. I mean, hammers only "break defenses" in which the player can just parry or block again but the **bleep** special for the ultra super cool godly weapon for Ares is insanely avoidable? How **bleep** stupid.

Ares gets **bleep**ed over in every way imaginable. Jesus christ...I don't even.... what world am I **bleep** on? I've never seen a game be so much fun, yet be broken to the point where it's literally unplayable.

you sound retarded. the war hammer of olympus ring out capability is bad enough now you want to make the L1+S unblockable. noob

I don't want it to be OP, no.  But the whole point of the hammer is completely moot to the point I don't even want to play that class anymore (let me tell you, I haven't played any other class besides Ares...)  

I spent $5 on the double exp, and spent like 8 straight hours on MP yesterday just to get it and when I do get it?  it fails in comparison to every other weapon.  Not only are hammers **bleep** compared to swords but compared to other godly weapons it's just a joke.  You can't jump slice with hammers, they attack slower and now they changed it so that if you're blocking you send your opponent into a "block breaker" which by the time you get to attack again doesn't really help because they can block or parry or dodge or whatever they need to escape.

So essentially, yeah the L1 + triangle is crazy powerful...but that's the only up side to the hammer.  In comparison to the other weapons they have a shorter combo chain, slower and much more avoidable attacks.....it just seems stupid.  I don't want a super OP attack, but I'd much rather have a weapon with 2 usable specials rather than one special that's very usefull and another that just makes people laugh at you if you use it.  

You think hammers are worse than swords? ...
I'm sorry. I can no longer take you seriously anymore. Smiley Sad
You are living in the past, my friend. Swords are the noob-friendly weapon class now.

Message 34 of 38 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Sep 18, 2013

Crackle2012 wrote:

-crackle2012 aka Ryan

Nicely put.  

I don't think we'll see ascension on ps4 but I would love to see another god of war game.  As long as they make actual improvements to the combat and tell a story worth telling I would love for the series to never end.  But it will one day.  Just hopefully not when we have such a crappy taste at what GoW MP could look like. 

Yeah, unfortunately it is addicting I just don't know what to do about all the crap that happens.  I mean, no matter what I do there's just seems to be complete unavoidable crap, like stuff that should be saving my life and changing the tide of battle that would make it a pretty epic battle don't happen anymore.  I used to have all kinds of super cool battles on this game but recently it just seems like they get to mash buttons and all their attacks are block breakers and unparryable with never ending combos...ugh I can't even explain it all without sounding super boring and repetitive.  

Hopefully we see more god of war, and next time around they go MUCH bigger with their MP. 

Message 35 of 38 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Sep 18, 2013

NingaStyle_Tony wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

JONARAYENDE wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Well, sort of.  I like ares hammer but beyond that yeah swords are much faster, juggle easier, offer jump slicing where as hammers... seriously good luck getting off a good combo with a hammer.  Those things are so slow opponents can dodge in between attacks.  

Message 36 of 38 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1206 posts

Sep 18, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

NingaStyle_Tony wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

JONARAYENDE wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Well, sort of.  I like ares hammer but beyond that yeah swords are much faster, juggle easier, offer jump slicing where as hammers... seriously good luck getting off a good combo with a hammer.  Those things are so slow opponents can dodge in between attacks.  

Yeah, bro. You're missing out on a lot xD Swords are crap, their attacks and combo starters are ALL light attacks (excluding Blade of Ares)
If they do a heavy, jump over it Smiley Tongue

Message 37 of 38 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Sep 23, 2013
I think the same thing. Straight lopsided.
Message 38 of 38 (162 Views)
0 Likes