Mar 15 2013
By: s_eric9 Wastelander 820 posts

Incredible Multiplayer Experience! & Few suggestions for the team.

4 replies 130 views Edited Mar 15, 2013
I received my game yesterday and jumped straight into multiplayer. The graphics looked amazing as I entered into the Rotundo of Olympus. But as I joined matches, it seemed really dull. I realized that we only have three magic abilities, so I was a bit disappointed about the game for a moment.
I was wrong. The game has depth. As soon as I leveled up to lv9, I realized each weapon has a special moves within them that is really unique to its own alliance, and they are all amazing and has its own use.

Few suggestions of my own:
1. Trial of Gods should have "easy," "medium," and "hard" mode. Easy mode could have weak monsters, or less number of monsters such that it would be ideal for lv1-10 or so. But such diversity in levels may create lack of players in certain category, so it would be ideal to have "easy" and "hard" difficulty.
2. Do not nerf/buff any alliance. They are really balanced. In fact, they have to be because SSM heavily worked on multiplayer for three years. I truly believe that it's player's duty to find out its weakness and strength in order to defeat cetain alliance, which makes the match more fun because you wouldn't be just button mashing thoughtlessly to every alliance. (For instance, suppose I am playing Hades against Ares, it is important to stay away from him and attack with stealth because once he catches me, it is likely for me to die extremely quickly, unable to get out of his combos.)
3) If the team decides to nerf alliances, it is important to make each alliance more distinct. Zeus has to be extremely powerful when it comes to magic, Ares has to be really strong meele, Poseidon should have a lot of health, and Hades should have more stealth and such. But I see no need for this, because the team made such distinction clear.
4) More gods -> more diversity in skill effects and gameplay. It will keep players entertained. I honestly think there should be more gods. Make like a second floor in Rotunda of Olympus Smiley Happy Having more gods will really diversify the gameplay. It gets a little boring when all the players are Ares, for example
5) Level cap must be increased. This is to keep players and community active.

Overall, I really enjoy the multiplayer experience. I criticize reviewers who did not like the multiplayer experience because I am sure they all remained lv1 in multiplayer getting beat up.
Congratulations to Santa Monica Studio for hard work and I hope the multiplayer community lasts for a really long time.

Add me if you want to: s_eric9
Message 1 of 5 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Re: Incredible Multiplayer Experience! & Few suggestions for the team.

Mar 15, 2013

s_eric9 wrote:
I received my game yesterday and jumped straight into multiplayer. The graphics looked amazing as I entered into the Rotundo of Olympus. But as I joined matches, it seemed really dull. I realized that we only have three magic abilities, so I was a bit disappointed about the game for a moment.
I was wrong. The game has depth. As soon as I leveled up to lv9, I realized each weapon has a special moves within them that is really unique to its own alliance, and they are all amazing and has its own use.

1. Trial of Gods should have "easy," "medium," and "hard" mode. Easy mode could have weak monsters, or less number of monsters such that it would be ideal for lv1-10 or so. But such diversity in levels may create lack of players in certain category, so it would be ideal to have "easy" and "hard" difficulty.
2. Do not nerf/buff any alliance. They are really balanced. In fact, they have to be because SSM heavily worked on multiplayer for three years. I truly believe that it's player's duty to find out its weakness and strength in order to defeat cetain alliance, which makes the match more fun because you wouldn't be just button mashing thoughtlessly to every alliance. (For instance, suppose I am playing Hades against Ares, it is important to stay away from him and attack with stealth because once he catches me, it is likely for me to die extremely quickly, unable to get out of his combos.)
3) If the team decides to nerf alliances, it is important to make each alliance more distinct. Zeus has to be extremely powerful when it comes to magic, Ares has to be really strong meele, Poseidon should have a lot of health, and Hades should have more stealth and such. But I see no need for this, because the team made such distinction clear.
4) More gods -> more diversity in skill effects and gameplay. It will keep players entertained. I honestly think there should be more gods. Make like a second floor in Rotunda of Olympus Smiley Happy Having more gods will really diversify the gameplay. It gets a little boring when all the players are Ares, for example

Overall, I really enjoy the multiplayer experience. I criticize reviewers who did not like the multiplayer experience because I am sure they all remained lv1 in multiplayer getting beat up.
Congratulations to Santa Monica Studio for hard work and I hope the multiplayer community lasts for a really long time.

I agree that they shouldn't change anything about any God. Maybe they should try to do something about all the Hades/Poseidon players, though. Also, an SSM rep said that they are working with the level cap.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 2 of 5 (120 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 15, 2013
Nice read
Message 3 of 5 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3054 posts

Mar 15, 2013

s_eric9 wrote:

Thanks for your thoughts! We definitely value the variety of opinions. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Mar 15, 2013
I just want host migration.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 5 of 5 (77 Views)
0 Likes