Mar 17 2013
By: s_eric9 Wastelander 820 posts

IGN Review of Multiplayer & Others' Opinions

16 replies 287 views Edited Mar 17, 2013

I personally think that the IGN review of multiplayer was extremely brief and done in a short period of time. In the video, it shows about one minute of the gameplay. The editor has chosen Hades alliance, and his lv, according to the video, was 6.

He stated that the multiplayer will not be so "compelling." Gamestop said pretty much the same thing.

I agree. And I did agree until I was level 9. Until level 9, it was a little boring, honestly. But if you were to start all powerful from the start, what's the point?

I think he just looked at how there is only three magic and items. I mean, a lot of reviewers.

I just feel like the reviewrs just rushed through multiplayer, unsatisfied with their initial impression... I give it 10/10 for its smoothness and fun gameplay. (Dunno about servers, but it works just fine for me.) I hate to say this, but there's so much logical fallacy as to why reviewers gave this game a low score than it deserves while some of the things I do agree with. 

One said "I was going to give a rating of 9, but Trial of Archimedes upset me so much, so I give it a 8.5." Just because of that, you're willing to take off 0.5 points?

IGN said "Forgettable story, unnecessary multiplayer." Most of the people say multiplayer is extremely fun, and even those who have never played GOW before said the same. He also stated "Same(criticism on single player) cannot be stated for multiplayer" in his review and then later lists one of the major con as multiplayer. Are these two cons really that much to bring down the score to 7.8?

Gamespot said multiplayer is not creative enough. Heck, the maps are really interesting, and everything that happens in multiplayer is unexpected most of the time. (Like Oracle Chamber where everyone just falls down) And then Call of Duty game is not bashed on for its multiplayer.

A lot of reviewers compare this game to GOW 3 and its epic boss fights. Is having many big scale boss fights in Ascension reasonable? SSM stated clearly that this is prequel. The "human side" of Kratos. Before he was powerful. I mean, of course he's going to be beating huge bosses like Cronos or riding on Titans when he was not even used to fighting that much.

I'm not saying the game is perfect. But almost all the criticisms by those reviewers do not make sense. A question always comes to my mind when I read theirs: "Do they even know what this game is supposed to be about?" Anyway, I love the multiplayer(and single player) SSM. Those sleek blade effects, graphics, cinematic experience, and first and foremost, fun! Keep those updates and dlc coming for multiplayer to avoid disaster that happened for Twisted Metal, one of the my most favorite games of all time when I was young. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 17 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Re: IGN Review of Multiplayer & Others' Opinions

Mar 17, 2013
If you like it whats it matter what a reviewer said?
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 2 of 17 (277 Views)
Survivor
2333 posts

Mar 17, 2013

The only opinion that matters is your own when it comes to your enjoyment.

Message 3 of 17 (269 Views)
First Son
30 posts

Mar 17, 2013

hehe. Not creative enough. Because we all see multiplayer games that bring the exact same thing to the table as GoWA. /sarcasm

This is exactly what I would have wanted out of a God of War Multiplayer game. I just want more of it...

MOAR

Message 4 of 17 (254 Views)
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Idk i thnk the best thng about the game s its multiplayer and the mutiplayer is funnier than thy say...lol the story is wat lacks and it cud b betta u cant go from mudering gods to furries haha ss...i bought the game more for playning online anyway...alot of ppl did...i thnk the game is an 7.9-8 but cudhv been a 9 if the story was longer and better
Message 5 of 17 (249 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Mar 17, 2013

ive been really enjoying the game like u said its not perfect but its far from a disapointment like everybody is saying i actually like the combat in this one better then 3 yea 3 had better boss battles but you cant top killikng the gods................. i dont see how you can say this game is unoriginal but say COD is new and refreshing all those reviewers are biased towards shooters

Message 6 of 17 (237 Views)
Splicer
57 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Im pretty sure you can top killing Gods, plenty of titans still around and the Primordials could make an appearance, both of those could easily top the god battles...
Message 7 of 17 (225 Views)
Wastelander
820 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Yep, I did kinda hope there were more huge boss fights, but it would not have made much sense to. But maybe the team couldve put more bosses or something.

I am enjoying multiplayer a lot. I dont even know how much time passes by when I play haha. It's entertaining and always random.. Also diverse.

Reason I put this up is because I just hope buyers are not so quick to judge the game by what reviewers say!
Message 8 of 17 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
425 posts

Mar 17, 2013
I would think this game is bad if I was going by the reviews but I am loving this game but I am also a GOW fan aslo.
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - darkarmy27

GAMER4LIFE G. A. P. Member/ Live tag: DIVINE S0UL
Message 9 of 17 (181 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Mar 17, 2013
I've never been huge on GoW but I bought this after playing the beta. Have't touched the story yet but the online is amazing. I love it. The reviewers just give their opinion and that is useless to me.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 10 of 17 (149 Views)
0 Likes