Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

Re: I use I-frames to beat zeus and Ares' players.

Apr 18, 2013

skullsmasuree wrote:
Yeah. Make it more realistic. That sht doesn't happen in real life

Gods of Olympus choosing ramdom warriors to fight for their honor using ultra powerful weapons, magics, kill titans and cut enemies in pieces also don't happen in real life. 

To be sarcastic, not rude: There is only one game which has nothing that doesn't happen in real life. Turn your ps3 off and try it, its f2p.

signature.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 29 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

Apr 18, 2013
I knew from the start that this "Michael Jackson" mode AKA invincible is bad thing and it only gets you killed and gives easy start or kill to enemy. I hate it So much!!! I wanna control my own destiny!! Not some cheap invincible mode!! That only gets me killed because I can't move.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 29 (321 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Arkkienkeli83 wrote:
I knew from the start that this "Michael Jackson" mode AKA invincible is bad thing and it only gets you killed and gives easy start or kill to enemy. I hate it So much!!! I wanna control my own destiny!! Not some cheap invincible mode!! That only gets me killed because I can't move.

Maybe you'd preffer dying because of an infinite combo, no one would ever complain about that.

signature.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 29 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

Apr 19, 2013
You do realize there's reason why it's called infinite combo. You don't turn white while comboed to death. I have comboed to death many time's and never turned white, that's the "Beaty" of infinite combo because you've kinda bend the law's of game mechanics in favor. And btw I already figured out a combo with spear of destiny which includes using enemy's invincible mode against him using the shard bomb.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 29 (295 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

Apr 19, 2013

But if this "white mode" is removed almost every combo will be able to be infinite. A noob would be able to jump slice you and hit square to your death, or use a launcher attack infinitely. So let's leave it how it is now, a very limited number of possibly infinite combos that requires some practice and skill.

signature.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 29 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I knew there was something wrong. I was playing against two Hades players and they were impossible to grapple and also doing damage, during the whole match they loose just 1/4 of his life and just evading! It was impossible to grapple, it's **bleep** annoying :smileymad: I even prefer getting comboed by athenas sword than face those guys that use i-frames. I assume they can't play the way it is because they will get their **bleep** kicked! You're ruining experience that should be enjoyable.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 29 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Apr 19, 2013

But I'm sure if I know how to do it I'll do it :smileyvery-happy: lol!

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 29 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4316 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

Rafa_psc wrote:

But if this "white mode" is removed almost every combo will be able to be infinite. A noob would be able to jump slice you and hit square to your death, or use a launcher attack infinitely. So let's leave it how it is now, a very limited number of possibly infinite combos that requires some practice and skill.

Agreed.

The problem isn't i-frames, the problem is that there are any infinite combos at all.  You shouldn't be able to juggle someone until they die.  You basically have the sword world weapon at any time you wish given that you can initiate your megacombo. 

I fight around i-frames because I can't justify sitting there and juggling someone into oblivion.  That's not combat, that's easy mode and it's boring.  Same reason I don't play Call of Duty - even when I'm winning, I'm bored.

The combat in God of War should be about stringing together some moves (3 or 4), defending against a counterattack, outmaneuvering your opponent, fighting some more and ultimately winning or losing due to who played the best.  Not about who memorized the best button mash string.  It's not skill.  In most games it'd be considered an exploit.

I'm all for that momentary escape clause.  It should only be frustrating to someone that thrives on easy mode.  My most fun matches have been the ones where it was a brutal exchange with very little juggling or combo spam and it simply came down to who could react better.

EDIT:

Whoops, I was thinking i-frames was being used here as the same thing as flash white michael jackson invulnerability.    The Jackson-white is what I was talking about in my post.  Not the "can't hurt me when I'm grappling" type i-frames being exploited.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 29 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Fought one guy last night that would not take any damage no matter what I through at him.

Then we triple team him and he still would not take damage. Happened to a buddy of mine where he wasn't taking any damage

He had 4 players pounding him and no damage, they just gave up

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 29 (244 Views)
0 Likes