Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Re: I suck with Poseidon. help

Jul 5, 2013
I dont wanna just slap on the basic set up that most every other poseidon player is going to use... I just like my characters to look differentfrom everybody else. I know his strong poin is team support and physical defense but offensivly i cant seem to make anything work out. Mabey i just had a bad day yesterday cuz my relics and magics and what not are actually already set to some
Of the recommendations listed here. I just prefer sirens chant over the cloak... Orbs dont seem to help me much but then again i havnt maxed out on the cloaks level.
Message 11 of 17 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Jul 5, 2013
Also im online right now kf anyone wants to group up.
Hmu gt BIGBOOTBOB. I tried to add u wknoles but ur friends list is full.

Also i dont own a mic on ps3
Message 12 of 17 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Jul 5, 2013
@Bob use the Cloak and Crest Use any Relic to your liking but the Crest and Cloak are crucial for Poseidon. Cloak of Boras has the fastest cooldown the Siren chant which is about 80secs (could be wrong).

He has the best God based weapons in the game if you ask me. Lance is beasty, Maul has endless combo potential when using the wall, and both his swords you can't go wrong with.

Offensively I always add at least one Artemis with the Minotaur Hammer 25PP
Use Kraken Armor with weapons that have effective special attacks. No need to have cooldown with Melee based special attacks.
Message 13 of 17 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jul 6, 2013

I have a very succesful set up for my Poseidon. I play him like a complete damage sponge. Heres my armor set up:

Manticore Armor (Helmet)

Manticore Armor (Chest Plate)

Manticore Armor (Lower)

Magic: Oblideration (Ice Maelstrom if you haven't reached the elite levels yet)

Item: The blue shield for mana regeneration

Relic: Relic of Resilience. This goes extremely well with the full Manticore armor. Your basically unkillable with this set up.

Weapon: Any hammer. I prefer the Gladiator Hammer. Combo combo combo. 

With this loadout, I play as a tanking warrior. It takes a bit longer to kill, due to his inferior base damage, but your ridiculous survivability and physical resistance more than makes up for it. Just watch out for Zeus players. The elemental power will cut through you like a hot knife through butter

Message 14 of 17 (183 Views)
Fender Bender
3413 posts

Jul 6, 2013
Hey! feel free to add me AirJordan73 I main with Poseidon, and am good with all allegiance weapons (except level 25 blade lol).
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 15 of 17 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Jul 8, 2013

alright thank you everybody for the pointers. i think im gonna give a try with full manticore and poseidon armors...

iv been running with kraken helmet, artemis chest, and morpheus leg armor, changing weapons between the mjolnir and spear of poseidon. I dont like the sword of poseidon personally. cant do any good with it. 

This set up iv been using has had some success but mostly failures... so im gonna try some of these suggested set ups next time i get on. I was always hesitant about maxing out his physical resistance even though its poseidons specialty, because i wanted to be able to dish out good phys damage. but being able to take more hits would be helpful simply because damage isnt his strong point anyway.. so yeah. high phys resistance would actually make more sense to use. Im just so used to the other characters maxing on phyisic or ele damage so setting up a character with defensive specials is a pretty different game..

Message 16 of 17 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Jul 9, 2013
Not to be a Debbie downer but the full Manticore setup with POSEIDON is pointless your overall HP 72 and PR 55. If your going the tank route might as well rock full Battle Armor you'll have 87 HP and 43 PR. Crest is your best magic choice as you get 2 Uses and sick combo potential.
Message 17 of 17 (120 Views)
0 Likes