Mar 15 2013
By: leowtyx Splicer 62 posts

I recon PARRY should be buffed.

13 replies 177 views Edited Mar 15, 2013

Parry is pretty much useless now,

1. Parry really only works on the first attack because after too light attacks, pro will switch to heavy attack.

2. #1's parry situation doesn't really happen because now everybody runs and when you run into a running guy, you are most likely to grapple.

3. Never parry right after you get up because pro will use heavy attack.

4. Parry can't parry world weapon.

5. Parry is more usefull in PVP.

If you think so too, great. If not, nevermind.

Message 1 of 14 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Re: I recon PARRY should be buffed.

Mar 15, 2013
So buff the parry because a knowledgable player knows how to get passed it. Hmm...
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 2 of 14 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

Well no, I know better not to parry. Just because I noticed that I avoid parrying in bad situations let me think, parry is left out of this game by so manny ppl.

Also, world weapons are too powerful there should be a way to counter. I often can kill a guy with the blade in one combo, that doesn't seem right to me.

Message 3 of 14 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Mar 15, 2013
Yeah the parry worked better in the Beta. I used to use it a lot because people always and still button mash but it seems it doesn't respond as quickly for me anymore and the recovery time is freaking stupid leaving you vulnerable like that.
Message 4 of 14 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Mar 15, 2013
^Been happening to me too. My only problem with it is it's startup. Much too slow, or it just might be the lag. Noticed it a lot in our matches earlier.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 5 of 14 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Mar 15, 2013

It just doesn't seem like it is working like it should have.

Good mechanics should be the ones pro use even more often, but not abandon completely.

Another online fighting game I played had a limited time for the block pose, and you can counter right when enemy hit you by pressing another button when you blocked the attack.

Message 6 of 14 (150 Views)
0 Likes
God of War Developer
24 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The parry mechanic is definitely important to us, both at starting skill and high skill levels of play. We're watching very closely for this kind of feedback to see what we need to do --

We won't be afraid to make changes to how gameplay mechanics like parry, work, if makes the experience better. We just dont want to make any hasty decisions, which I hope you guys can appreciate!

Message 7 of 14 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Mar 15, 2013

^yes, it's appreciated that you will look into it. It is simply an observation of me because nobody is parrying, and the person that parries will most likely miss.

Message 8 of 14 (134 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Mar 15, 2013

I always use the parry and work, make it more powerfull will break the game just like the beta was, the time of vulnerability when parry dont connect is very necessary, if not everyone would always be defending, I think you dont have experiment to much with the new mechanics and you must stop playing as in the beta Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Thank goodness they are looking into this. When you are double and triple teamed a parry should come in handy like it was in the beta.  First couple games you just get owned with that type of situation.

Message 10 of 14 (127 Views)
0 Likes